Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star...................... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

what I find funny is Tannehill has been a projected potential 1st rounder for most of the year, and people think that he's a risk

Amen to that!!! but my fear is he never reaches his potential. With Sparano he stood a chance of bombing out. I feel with Philbin and Sherman here, he stand a better chance of succeeding sooner than later. I've seen 15 games of Tannehill and I'm no expert, but felt he has the goods to be a starter in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers just played 22 games in college and was 17-5. Does anyone think he was too inexperienced to play in the NFL. Look at his scouting report and compare it to Tannehills. Its about 95% identical.

a couple points here . aaron rogers came out as a junior. thus the 22 starts. secondly aaron rodgers was picked 24th. not top ten.
and yes we all know that he sat behind favre for two years. so if you're saying we should drop back to around 24th pick and then be willing to sit him for 2 years then yes tanny is your man. he's still a big gamble but now you're not risking top ten money.

I dont see Tannehill as a star.. and i hope the fins pass on him at #8.

Against LSU (2010), Oklahoma ( 2011), Oklahoma State (2011) and texas (2011) he threw 3 INTS...(4 games). not sure what big game he ever won for them... Luck and RG3 never had 3 INTS game in their entire career. Weeden did it in 3 games... so Tannehill has more 3 INTS games than these 3 QBS combined.. nice

Who knows....i support the Fins either way..

I just watched the Tannehill episode of Grudens camp for the first time.

This kid is not raw. This kid just doesn't believe yet how good he is. He's not shy, I think he's a little uncomfortable with being in the limelight, the leadership position in the team, on the cusp of a very high profile move to an NFL team.

Kids been a WR, not trusted with the keys to the QB kingdom. Then he gets it and all of a sudden he's NFL bound. He's got to be thinking how a guy who can't win the starting job got here so fast. I wouldn't call it self doubt so much as an excessive dose of humility.

That won't take long in evaporating if he has the right coaching setup. I just wonder if having your old college coach is the best move for him (and therefore the Dolphins)? Maybe he flourishes better where he gets to leave any lingering feelings about his college trajectory behind and focuses on becoming a great QB.

I hope Sherman recognises that and gives him space to reinvent himself a little as a man and a leadership figure, if we take him.

Kid has the goods. Don't think he believes it fully yet.

Rodgers fell because teams misdiagnosed him as a tedford system QB and his throwing motion was not perfect. his scouting report said he was number 1 QB prospect and better then the number one pick. just becasue 23 teams made a rodgers mistake in rodgers draft does not mean phins should make the same dumb mistake a they all did and trade down to 24. If you look at that draft now rodgers should have been pick number 1. GB was smart to trade up and that included philbin on that staff by the way researching the picks. phins will continue to be dumb if they dont change their tune.

If we had the 2005 draft to do over....Aaron Rogers would be the #1 overall.....We would certainly draft him at #2 over Ronnie Brown.

So we can all agree that taking a QB in the draft is a crapshoot.

Very much so. Sadly living in NE I have to put up with all of the Brady talk, and what is funny is that fans up here say that Belichick knew he was going to be a star. Really? Off of what body of work??? I truly believe that Tannehill (if handled properly) can develop into more of a player like an Aaron Rogers than the ridiculous comparisons to Ryan Leaf. Reason being? Well first off Rogers was not all that good when he came into the league. Decent but not the stud he is now and they tweaked his mechanics and taught him to get rid of the ball and/get out of bounds if your gonna run with it. Remember he was super fragile when he came in the league and that at least was a knock on him. Second I believe that having your head coach from college actually giving you high praise enough to get you drafted to the team he's at speaks volumes. Stories have it that Brady Quinn did not receive the same type of praise from Charlie Weiss when he came out and that was why teams kept bypassing on him. Running the same offense as in college should help as will putting some skilled guys around him. I'm a firm believer that not only is a a crapshoot when taking a QB, but a lot more emphasis needs to be placed on what system you place them in. If David Carr or Tim Couch were drafted by teams that could have protected them early on, who knows where their careers would have ended up. That's really another reason why I think Miami needs to get that offensive line fixed ASAP to protect these guys and give Tannehill a solid year to sit behind the two veterans to learn the game. Don't throw him to the lions just because of a little pressure to get him early playing time...

just something to remember, and I mentioned this in another thread, guys rave about how he is so good at the comeback sideline throws; one of the hardest throws to make and to learn. Why aren't we praising him for being good at a hard throw, one that none of our QBs the last several years could make at that? His other issues are correctable.

I hope the guy is a complete stud. I really do. I also hope he beats the crap out of Moore and Gerrard in camp because we took this guy at 8 over Kuechly.

Kuechly would have been an amazing MLB for us.

I'm excited to have a new QB, but it was a reach. He has all the tools, but at #8 he needs to be better than the other QBs, especially since he knows the offense.

just something to remember, and I mentioned this in another thread, guys rave about how he is so good at the comeback sideline throws; one of the hardest throws to make and to learn. Why aren't we praising him for being good at a hard throw, one that none of our QBs the last several years could make at that? His other issues are correctable.

Great point....I'm just glad to see they didn't blow this one.....I feel like the 12 year nightmare might actually be over.

Back
Top Bottom