Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star...................... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

Its good to see the majority of Dolphin fans now see how good this kid can be.................................................

I agree and in the end, its about character and work ethic practicing and studying to be the best and then learning from mistakes and then executing. peyton manning wasnt great until his contract was due, before that he was just good. I certainly see where Thill will be ready to go after one year. He has the goods and whatever he doesnt have, he will work at it.

That said, I wish to trade down because I really dont think anyone else wants him until 22 and even after that, its clear sailing unless Belichick wants to get cute again.

Hey 54? Would you still trade down?

Its funny to see how clueless people are especially when they act like they know something.

I feel that if you have conviction that this is your guy no matter what you go and get him, because if you wait, he could be gone shortly after. The seahawks did it with DE Bruce Irvin, they got ridiculed on draft day, they won't ever get ridiculed again for it. Sure getting value for your pick is what everyone wants, but if you pick 15 and the guy you want has value as 28 or whatever, get your guy, because theire ARE teams that value your guy as well!

Its funny to see how clueless people are especially when they act like they know something.

I feel that if you have conviction that this is your guy no matter what you go and get him, because if you wait, he could be gone shortly after. The seahawks did it with DE Bruce Irvin, they got ridiculed on draft day, they won't ever get ridiculed again for it. Sure getting value for your pick is what everyone wants, but if you pick 15 and the guy you want has value as 28 or whatever, get your guy, because theire ARE teams that value your guy as well!

Exactly, not to mention everybody's board is different as well, there is no way of knowing who might have traded up for him, or who might have grabbed him, before our theoretical trade down spot.

If you have a conviction on a player, you take him where you KNOW you can get him.

and if the Dolphin braintrust passes on him they will be screwing up yet again.

This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB, He's big, he's athletic, fast, strong arm, Accurate........he loves the game in "Peyton Manning" kind of way.

Yes, he'll need a season probably to acclimate to the NFL....but if we could go back and draft Drew Brees knowing he needed some time to adjust, wouldn't we do it?

Same with Aaron Rogers......wouldn't that be better than what we've wasted 12 years trying to do?

If you don't like Tannehill as a prospect, then I totally understand.....if you don't want to draft him because you think it's a litttle to high at 8, or because he might need time to adjust to the NFL....then I think your making a mistake.

This kid has everything your looking for, with the only exception being that he didn't play QB for 4 years in college. But many others that have succeeded in the NFL didn't either....including Cam Newton.

Stumbled across this thread while looking for something else.

Great call by BlueFin and perhaps the earliest complete endorsement of Tannehill.

I almost dropped dead when I read an Akili Smith comparison today from Grantland. Just posting the other side of what could be. I'm hoping we don't have the option of taking RT but I'll support whatever they think is best.

[h=3]Quarterbacks[/h]Best: Tom Brady (76.6 points above expected return)
Worst: Akili Smith (-45.9 points)
We've really forgotten as a culture just how bad Akili Smith was. He's basically the Ryan Tannehill nightmare; after just two years of action in college, Smith's ideal size and arm strength pushed him up draft boards during the spring of 1999. He eventually settled in as the third franchise quarterback in a three-man group, and the Bengals made him the third overall pick behind fellow signal-callers Tim Couch and Donovan McNabb. McNabb was good, and Couch was middling, but Smith was abysmal. He completed 46.6 percent of his passes as a pro, threw 13 interceptions against just five touchdowns, and was out of football after 17 starts in four years. In his one year as the regular starter in Cincinnati, the Bengals offense averaged 11.6 points per game. Tannehill can't possibly be that bad, right?

This one still cracks me up. Akili Smith, huh?

Back
Top Bottom