Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress!

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Great breakdown. Washington is my favorite pick of this draft and I do believe he will be a contributor as WR 3 in the slot. How soon he impacts may be dependent on if we sign a vet for that role.
Washington reminds me of Bess with his route running and is similar to Landry with his ball carry skills and hard running, he will break tackles. Malik Washington has amazing hands and plays smart.
5'9, 192 pounds
4.4 40 yard time

This one will excite you!

Last edited:
Seems like a fun player but you guys are putting a lot on a 6th rd pick thinking he’s gonna come in and ball out right away. Maybe I’ll be wrong but realistically that doesn’t happen super often especially with a bit of an undersized player.

Great breakdown. Washington is my favorite pick of this draft and I do believe he will be a contributor as WR 3 in the slot. How soon he impacts may be dependent on if we sign a vet for that role.
Washington reminds me of Bess with his route running and is similar to Landry with his ball carry skills and hard running, he will break tackles. Malik Washington has amazing hands and plays smart.
5'9, 192 pounds
4.4 40 yard time

This one will excite you!

Wow...I had the same comps after watching a bunch of his clips. Really excited to see this guy play at slot for us...with a random "uh oh" deep route the secondary isn't expecting.

He's fast but that's not his calling card.

Two things jump out to me when I watch him.

1. He loses defenders so easily. Just sells moves really well and has enough suddenness to get top separation when he does it.

2. His hands look special. No matter what angle he is to the pass, his hands are in perfect position and the ball sticks to them like glue.

I was curious...

He only dropped three passes during those two seasons and his 25 forced missed tackles in 2022 was the fifth-highest total in the nation. Too often, he had to create for himself, as Northwestern's 40.4 team PFF passing grade during those two seasons was the worst mark in the Power Five and the fourth-worst in the FBS.

I was hoping for a taller WR simply because Waddle and Hill are both on the shorter side. Yet Washington appears to have the skills to be an excellent slot receiver and I’m happy he is a Miami Dolphin.

Both Malik and Tahj complement Hill and Waddle more than you would think. Hands, toughness, urgency - these guys bring that in addition to balance, the ability to avoid or break tackles, the ability to separate. I would never think to build a WR room like this, but I think both Malik and Tahj are gonna stick.

Both Malik and Tahj complement Hill and Waddle more than you would think. Hands, toughness, urgency - these guys bring that in addition to balance, the ability to avoid or break tackles, the ability to separate. I would never think to build a WR room like this, but I think both Malik and Tahj are gonna stick.
Do we have a red zone target in your opinion?? Seems we need to diversify the room a bit??

Malik is in for sure......the second Washington might depend on ST's and numbers for the roster but I'd say at least he'd make the PS if he doesn’t get claimed by another team

Back
Top Bottom