Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress!

...dude is a total Weeble! :oops:

His personal fight song! "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!"

Enjoy with your fav beverage!

Is Ryder related to Strider (from Lord of the Rings)?

Cause that would be cool!

Great breakdown. Washington is my favorite pick of this draft and I do believe he will be a contributor as WR 3 in the slot. How soon he impacts may be dependent on if we sign a vet for that role.
Washington reminds me of Bess with his route running and is similar to Landry with his ball carry skills and hard running, he will break tackles. Malik Washington has amazing hands and plays smart.
5'9, 192 pounds
4.4 40 yard time

This one will excite you!

Of course Landry and Bessy were 4.65 guys (although Landry appeared to be faster than Bess on the field).

But bro, we had that. It didnt work.

And again, McDaniel loves the fade. Cant throw the fade to midgets.
Statistically, sub 6'0" WRs are as successful on fades as 6'3" or larger WRs. The assumption that big WRs are better at fades is incorrect. 6'0"-6'2" is the sweet spot statistically, but I suspect it's not really the height that's the difference.

Seems like a fun player but you guys are putting a lot on a 6th rd pick thinking he’s gonna come in and ball out right away. Maybe I’ll be wrong but realistically that doesn’t happen super often especially with a bit of an undersized player.

Don't over think the draft status...you never know...our own HOF Clayton was an 8th so he'd be a UDFA today

Statistically, sub 6'0" WRs are as successful on fades as 6'3" or larger WRs. The assumption that big WRs are better at fades is incorrect. 6'0"-6'2" is the sweet spot statistically, but I suspect it's not really the height that's the difference.

It's true that height doesn't matter much in terms of fade success, but the fade is a crap play no matter who you use for it. The success rate on end zone fades is extremely low league-wide and, unfortunately, McD seems to be the biggest proponent.

League-wide the completion rate on end zone fades last year was 19.2%. The Dolphins completed 1 out of 7 (14.3%). I'd be happy to never see the Dolphins throw another one.

Ok so… why did this guy go SO late? I haven’t heard a single negative about him.

What’s his comp? Like Steve Smith?
He is small, old, and not particularly fast (especially given his size). For that reason, he’s not a very exciting pick early in the draft. He never should have fallen to the sixth round, though.

Steve Smith is a good comp for a best case scenario.

Red zone target doesn’t just mean throwing fades
thats the question im posing, are you sure you want that red zone target, bigger, perhaps slower, less separation, aka mike gesicki taking up a roster spot on the receiving unit in this offense?

He is small, old, and not particularly fast (especially given his size). For that reason, he’s not a very exciting pick early in the draft. He never should have fallen to the sixth round, though.

I think the best comps for Washington are Golden Tate and Sterling Shepherd.

I think the best comps for Washington are Golden Tate and Sterling Shepherd.

I’ve heard Shepherd and agree. Tate is actually a great one. Hadn’t seen that elsewhere.
I thought I read here he was fast… okay, so he’s twitchy with good route running and wiggle but he’s slow-ish… which makes the Landry/bess comparisons make more sense… and Tate.

Is it the other guy who is fast?

I thought I read here he was fast… okay, so he’s twitchy with good route running and wiggle but he’s slow-ish… which makes the Landry/bess comparisons make more sense… and Tate.

Is it the other guy who is fast?
He’s fast relative to the planet. But for a 5’8 receiver, he’s not fast — he ran a 4.47. The other guy is even slower. That’s why they both dropped.

Back
Top Bottom