Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress!

Malik is in for sure......the second Washington might depend on ST's and numbers for the roster but I'd say at least he'd make the PS if he doesn’t get claimed by another team

He does play ST's, and I think he'll show to be the smoothest WR on the roster. He's not explosive like Malik, but I think he's at a different skill level than the WR's he'll be battling with. Both Washingtons are very QB friendly in a way that Miami doesn't have outside of them. That's why I got such a kick out of the pick. He's too good to lose out to the guys who are more obvious fits, but Miami will have the smallest WR unit in NFL history.

As a general matter I try to avoid getting excited about sixth round picks given the high likelihood they don’t even make the roster, let alone make impactful plays, but I expect Malik to be a baller for us. He will probably be WR4 behind Tyreek, Waddle, and whoever we sign to be WR3—likely Odell. I think he beats out Ezukanma.

I don’t see how Tahj makes the roster. He’s small with even shorter arms and smaller hands, and he’s slow by NFL standards, too. Just think he’s the kind of guy who may have been great in college but won’t translate.

How did this guy fall so far in the draft? I know he's small but so is xavier worthy. And honestly I like this guys highlights better than worthys.
Worthy played at Texas and his time in the 40 blew the minds of some people at the combine. So Worthy going in the first round really wasn’t a surprise.

In fact there were some posters on here who wanted Miami to take him at 21. While I’m not sure Robinson was a great pick at 21. I am perfectly happy that Grier didn’t take Worthy at 21 and was fortunate enough to get Washington in the 6th round.

Ok so… why did this guy go SO late? I haven’t heard a single negative about him.

What’s his comp? Like Steve Smith?

Both Malik and Tahj complement Hill and Waddle more than you would think. Hands, toughness, urgency - these guys bring that in addition to balance, the ability to avoid or break tackles, the ability to separate. I would never think to build a WR room like this, but I think both Malik and Tahj are gonna stick.

I think there is a conversation about why NOT build a room of smaller receivers who are fast and quick, can separate and run precise routes in this particular offense.

Bigger slower dudes take longer to get to point b in the route and that’s a no no in this timing based offense.

Seems like a fun player but you guys are putting a lot on a 6th rd pick thinking he’s gonna come in and ball out right away. Maybe I’ll be wrong but realistically that doesn’t happen super often especially with a bit of an undersized player.
Brady made a dynasty and performed immediately. I know he had one more season.

Ok so… why did this guy go SO late? I haven’t heard a single negative about him.

What’s his comp? Like Steve Smith?
Hard to say. He played on a pretty bad UVA team but was their offense. If not for him they wouldn't have won a game. He is tough, fast, gets open, and catches the ball. Just a football player despite his measurements.

With these WR picks, I can't help but think our mad scientist has something up his sleeve for our offense this year.

Back
Top Bottom