Saban hoping Young falls to 16 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban hoping Young falls to 16

I think this is just a smokescreen or something to boost Young's stock so that Saban can get the OL/LB/CB/S that he wants in the 1st round.

Regan21286 said:
I think this is just a smokescreen or something to boost Young's stock so that Saban can get the OL/LB/CB/S that he wants in the 1st round.
It isnt a smokescreen. In order for it to be a smokescreen, at least 1 person has to belive you.

T tes said:
He hopes it will happen, but there are too many teams ahead of Miami that needs a quarterback.

Saban isn't stupid he knows he wont last that long so i dono whats the meaning behind this. Prob tryin to have someon else drop to us who knows or maybe find a trade partner so someone can trade with us for more picks

no way Vince Young will drop to the 16th pick.
I think i would rather have Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington

I really like Young but we won't get him, there's little chance he falls to us and if he does we trade the pick to a team that needs a QB maybe Dallas

tylerdolphin said:
Saban will have made a move that will haunt him for years if he does that.

Do you know how stupid that sounds? There is a reason this guy is so highly touted in the draft -- because teams want him, and how exactly have all these pro scouts with years of knowledge behind their backs fail to see this magic 'bust' quality that you can see so clearly? How do you know Vince Young is going to be an awful QB? So you have more knowledge than all the NFL scouts AND you can see into the future?? So the question remains...why are you posting on this board...shouldn't you be a billionaire NFL Scout Jedi mind guru by now??

something is up with this Vince Young attraction by the Dolphins....if he somehow comes to us, I would love it. Results don't lie. A guy who plays his best game in the biggest game of his careers? I'll take that every day of the week...! Culpepper may be an option for two yrs and then we have the benefit of what the Chargers had w/ Brees and Rivers, before they blew it...

tylerdolphin said:
A 1st round back-up?
The room isnt even smokey, because what GM really believes that we will pick him? None.

jason campbell...was a first round back-up.

EBMisfit said:
2- Culpepper
6- Lemon
?- draft (possibly)
What would be the fourth?

He probably meant if we ended up trading a pick for Harrington. If that does happen, the pick will likely be in '07, though, not this year.

HysterikiLL said:
Do you know how stupid that sounds? There is a reason this guy is so highly touted in the draft -- because teams want him, and how exactly have all these pro scouts with years of knowledge behind their backs fail to see this magic 'bust' quality that you can see so clearly? How do you know Vince Young is going to be an awful QB? So you have more knowledge than all the NFL scouts AND you can see into the future?? So the question remains...why are you posting on this board...shouldn't you be a billionaire NFL Scout Jedi mind guru by now??
1. No, I dont think he will be a very good pro. I dont have to be a scout to form an opinion, do I?

2. The main reason I think this could never happen is because we just got our franchise QB. Why draft another at 16? Draft a player that can impact our team this year. Young will never really impact the team because he will be stuck behind C-Pep. Do you really think we are in good enough shape to draft insurace in the first round? The only reason to draft him is for future trade value, and even that makes no sense. We will have invested a first into him and will probably only get a first out of him.
Not only that. We would also be paying the guy a LOT of money to sit around and watch our REAL QB throw TDs.

Its a Brees/Rivers situation waiting to happen

HysterikiLL said:
i think pro scouts and GM's have proven over the years that they're not perfect with their rankings and what they see in prospects. they're quite imperfect in fact, considering there are bound to be at least 10 players in each draft that don't live up to their first round potential. in some drafts, you see as much as 15 players that were average at best throughout their career.

I think there is a better chance that Cutler is available at 16 and not Young. I still think the NYJ trade up and take Leinart with the 2nd pick and Young ends up with the Titans. A Qb I would not mind taking in the 3rd rd would be Reggie McNeal and have him take snaps at wr much like Kordell did with Pitt. He ran in the 4.3's at the combine but was slowed due to injury most of his Senior year and played for a very dissapointing A&M team.

Back
Top Bottom