Saban hoping Young falls to 16 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban hoping Young falls to 16

Ahh i wish and pray that the dolphins would get young. please stop with all the negative remarks about him. He would be an excellent back up for years to come and for the start of this season as well. He would be a high-value pick if he does fall to us. I think half of you guys that are saying you wouldnt take him are just saying that because he probally wont fall to 16, but if he does yall would be first in line to pick up such an amazing player. Please stop with all this bs, if you had half a brain you would draft this guy with the 16th pick. There is a million things i could list about this guy but im done talking about him.

As for REggie mcneal i do belive that we should give him a shot, but only if he drops to the 4th round. Or jacobs considering he drops to the 3rd. I belive its imperative that we draft a great back up qb because cpep is coming back from that horrible knee injury. i wish him the best of luck and i hope that he is a starter here for 5 years and goes to the probowl all 5 years, but we have to have insurance.

i don't want young at 16 because if we're going to draft a receiver, we should take a polished one.

Reggie McNeal wants to play QB before attempting to play another position. Which is why he'll probably end up in the Arena or Canandian Football League. Of course he could change his mind if the money is right.

UF Fin Kat said:
i don't want young at 16 because if we're going to draft a receiver, we should take a polished one.

so your saying he cant throw the ball.....

Young is 183-of-296 (62%) for 2,769 (15 yards a pop) yards with 26 TDs and 10 INTs. He also has 136 carries for 872 yards and 9 TDs.

Leinart is 254-of-391 (65%) for 3,468 yards (about 14 yards a throw if you round up) with 27 TDs and 7 INTs. -- keep in mind how much more talent he was surronded with.

I guess leinart should find another postion too....

he could because he was in an offense that pretty much any QB worth a grain of salt would succeed in on a team with that much talent.

UF Fin Kat said:
Quit telling the truth!

When discussing Vince Young you cannot talk about the fact that he is:
  1. Dumb as a bag of hammers
  2. Played in an option offense that is nothing like anything he will play in at the next level.
  3. Can't throw the ball down the field.
  4. Does'nt take snap from center
  5. Has rumours of being tough to coach attached to him.
  6. Is a one read, run for your life Q.B....a style that never has and never will work in the NFL.
  7. Has conducted himself horribly in the offseason.
You CAN say:
  1. He is the greatest Q.B. to enter the NFL in the history of Q.B.'s entering the NFL.

Well the point is that he's great trade-bait at draft time. Not later on once he doesn't get playing time with Daunte here. A team with an older quarterback that can take a risk in the 20s may be interested. Washington would have been a candidate but they drafted Campbell last year. Offcourse Saban may be simply playing with the Vikings again. The Jets and the Broncos are both possibilities to a trade.

unifiedtheory said:
Quit telling the truth!

When discussing Vince Young you cannot talk about the fact that he is:
  1. Dumb as a bag of hammers
  2. Played in an option offense that is nothing like anything he will play in at the next level.
  3. Can't throw the ball down the field.
  4. Does'nt take snap from center
  5. Has rumours of being tough to coach attached to him.
  6. Is a one read, run for your life Q.B....a style that never has and never will work in the NFL.
  7. Has conducted himself horribly in the offseason.
You CAN say:
  1. He is the greatest Q.B. to enter the NFL in the history of Q.B.'s entering the NFL.
Better watch out. When I posted my opinion I got flamed about not being a scout.

tylerdolphin said:
Better watch out. When I posted my opinion I got flamed about not being a scout.

I don't care if I get flamed...happens all the time.

It is my opinion, if someone does'nt like it they can ignore me or comment objectively.

I think Vince Young is the most overrated Q.B. prospect since Ron Mexico but again, it is just my opinion.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
I am hoping and praying so aswell. However.....Alot of mock drafts got him gone in the 2nd round....and guess to who???? Minny...with what pick??? The one we gave them....I think Childress is just bytch enough to do that too.

I guess childress prefers Young or cutler over Jacobs the problem is the biatch childress wouldnt give up a 2nd to get Cutler or Young if they fell til the 16 to ensure they get 1 of them because they know we dont need a qb now.But we will see.Itd be sweet to get the 2nd back we could get a pretty good player in the 2nd.

unifiedtheory Couldn't agree more with your breakdown of Vince Young. He was a very good COLLEGE QB, which does not and will not translate into a good starting NFL QB.

unifiedtheory said:
I don't care if I get flamed...happens all the time.

It is my opinion, if someone does'nt like it they can ignore me or comment objectively.

I think Vince Young is the most overrated Q.B. prospect since Ron Mexico but again, it is just my opinion.

:yes: I agree

Back
Top Bottom