Saban is building a dynasty | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is building a dynasty

BigChief said:
Finole I do hope you are right however...

You are living in a fantasy world. Open your eyes. Saban is not Bill. He is not even an NFL head coach. He has ruined our franchise.

Done..

You are living in a fantasy world if you think Saban is the one who runined our franchise.

You might be able to recover from years of poor drafting and poor decisions if you have salary cap room to sign immediate help. When you're also in salary cap hell, it really limits your options.

Desides said:
No, we don't. The Bears arguably do.

We have to play Chicago, Kansas City, New England, Indianapolis, Minnesota, and Jacksonville.

the schedule to this point has been easily among the weakest in the league, and we've managed to win one game.

BigChief said:
Finole I do hope you are right however...

You are living in a fantasy world. Open your eyes. Saban is not Bill. He is not even an NFL head coach. He has ruined our franchise.

Done..

I've seen a lot of posts nominated for stupidest post of the year. But to me, this one takes the cake. Please tell me how you came across this opinion.

The only hype so far has been Nick Saban.......

SarahAnn said:
its nice to see people can dream... now come back to reality, we aint finishing 5-11. This current team has more holes than it can fill this off-season, so next year isnt looking too bright.

This team does not have a lot of holes. As a whole they are playing like _ _it :D
They are a more talented team than the Bills, Jets, Titans, Texans and Packers.

Accumulate multiple mid-round picks and build both sides of the line. And grow a bag.

A. He got a future HOF QB (almost pure luck)
B. Belichcik has been coaching in the NFL for 30 years, Saban only 6 and Saban is a year older.
C. Belechick won 2 rings as the DC of the Giants and his gameplan against the bills in the SB is in the HOF.

BB has schemed against the greats from Montana, Elway, Marino, etc.
Saban has been scheming against college offenses for the last 10 years.

Saban and BB are friends, there is nothing comparable about them except that.

We are going...

We are going to be a Dinasty alright!! Like Cinci in the 90's, the 49er's in the 00's or the Brown's in the 90's and 00's jajaj we are building up side down.

saves said:
Good post. Don't listen to these pessimistic people, they are the exact opposite of what Saban's philosophy embodies. The future will be bright.

Thanks.

Building a dynasty????

OMG, that's funny. NOPE! Let's review:

First, Saban brought in two QB's that absolutely suck, and let Frerotte go. QB is the most important position on the team. Without a QB that can protect the ball it's almost impossible to win. Saban seriously downgraded the teams most important position.

Second, the OL has been neglected for years. Last year, Frerotte and Linehan did a great job and working around the OL weaknesses. Saban never adressed the OL.

Third, Ricky Williams. You say the Dolphins are much more talented, but this guy adds a dimension to this offense that is almost irreplaceable. You can't lose RW and not lose something.

Fourth, the shambles called a secondary. Saban let go all of the veterans and threw in garbage players that have no business being out there. True, our veterans werent' what they used to be, but they could at least make a play once in a while. Saban made bad choices with the secondary.

Fifth, the draft. Saban wasted the first pick on a guy that hasn't contributed. Many of the rest of the draft class was for oft injured guys where Saban was trying to be a genuis and get a steal. He should have drafted some OL players that could make some impact. Saban made poor draft picks.

Sixth, the OC. Saban made a HUGE MISTAKE in choosing Mularkey.

So there you have it. Building a dynasty? No, more like building a trainwreck.

jlfin said:
This team does not have a lot of holes. As a whole they are playing like _ _it :D
They are a more talented team than the Bills, Jets, Titans, Texans and Packers.

The dolphins are not more talented than the Jets, basically they have a better RB and TE on Offense but everywhere else the Jets are better. On D we have alot of talent(basically the same guys that were top 5 2 years ago) but we are using the wrong scheme and we have better STs.

Phinatacle thank you for your post. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Saban has put his stamp on the team. He drafted Allen #1 dispite having O line problems. He traded pick #2 for Daunte. He picked up Joey blue sky. Neither one will make us a winner. He did not pick up a young QB to build around. He WILL NOT take a QB with top 5 pick we are about to pick up after this mess of a season. Sabn picked up Shelton/Will Allen and others. All his pick ups are poor. I like Ronnie Brown but he is not a #2 overall pick. I can go on and on. I do not see any hope under the Saban era. We are not building any dynasty we are not even building a solid foundation for the future. I stick by my claim that Saban has ruined this once proud franchise. We are going backwards and it is NOT because of Wanny.

Getting back to drafting strategies, the Pats will trade a good player for picks when that player becomes a liability(no matter how good the player - see WR).

JJ during the Cowboys SB years did exactly the same thing.

11-5? We'll be lucky to go 9-7 next year! We'll be in stage 1 of rebuilding. Some people sure are dreamers. If he's building dynasty it's going to take more than one year to get back on track! I don't care what Belichick did with the Patriots. The one thing you are right about is LUCK. He lucked out in a big way on TOM BRADY. I don't know that we'll get that kind of luck. We'll have to develop our future franchise QB (whoever that may be) the hard way. That could take several years. Our defense is full of old farts who will soon have to be replaced. We're talking less than 3 years. It'll be difficult to focus on fixing the offense when we have to try and draft, and sign guys to keep this defense that has been the anchor of this team for so many years, ALIVE.

Don't expect to be 'seriously' competing again until 08' and that isn't even set in stone. Expect us to go defense with a little bit of O-line mixed in in this years draft! I believe Saban believes that you build a team starting with a good defense. The Ravens did it, The Patriots did it(and are doing it), The Steelers did it, now the Bears are doing it. If we do draft mostly defense, we may not get much better on offense for another entire year, except maybe in the run game.

If we have an A+ draft AND FA we could go 10-6. Anything less than A+, I wouldn't expect it. And it would be kinda hard to expect an A+ offseason with the shape our salary cap is in.

While Saban may be building a dynasty. It will not happen that quickly.

[mod] Do not circumvent the profanity filter! [/mod]

lvstud84 said:
DUDE i have a little trucks just like that! i love it! i want a real one like it. sorry to get off subject.
That cheerleader in your avatar even knows that saban and the dolphins are looooooooooserrrrrrrrrrssss!!!!lol.Chicago is going to open up a can of Whoop *** on these losers.

Back
Top Bottom