Saban is building a dynasty | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is building a dynasty

Motion said:
I love how in a matter of 2 weeks the board goes from a "Saban lynch mob" to a "Saban, dynasty builder" fanclub. :lol:

Fairweather at its finest :lol:

If you look at the date I originally posted this thread, you'll see it was BEFORE the Chicago game.

I have been a Dolphins fan my entire life. Fairweather doesn't enter into it.

It is my belief that Saban is building a dynasty in Miami just like Belichick did in New England. I see a lot similarities. Even when we were 1-6.

nyjunc said:
The dolphins are not more talented than the Jets, basically they have a better RB and TE on Offense but everywhere else the Jets are better. On D we have alot of talent(basically the same guys that were top 5 2 years ago) but we are using the wrong scheme and we have better STs.

I don't think at this point anybody would say the Jets have a better defense than Miami. They just roughed up one of the best RBs and TEs in the league and held a team that had been scoring 30+ points routinely to 10. Isn't NY playing the Bears soon? I'll be interested to see how this "better" D does against them.

The Jets do have a better QB and (I'll probably get flamed for this) maybe a better number one receiver. While the Jets have been playing obviously much more consistantly, the Fins have more potential that is finally starting to be realized. The question now is can they keep it up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them flounder again against the inferior opponents coming up. I hope not.

what the dolphins need to do is get rid of saban. the man cannot coach a pro team and it shows.

they need to go out and hire Shulas son.

Motion said:
He sounds pretty smart to me. This was the Cheifs not the Colts.

Right. The Chiefs have a better defense, and a stronger running attack. The Colts have a better offense, and a stronger passing attack.

What's your point?

Finole said:
If you look at the date I originally posted this thread, you'll see it was BEFORE the Chicago game.

I have been a Dolphins fan my entire life. Fairweather doesn't enter into it.

It is my belief that Saban is building a dynasty in Miami just like Belichick did in New England. I see a lot similarities. Even when we were 1-6.

The 1 small difference(:lol: ) is you don't have a Tom Brady and Brady was the biggest reason for the NE dynasty.

muscle979 said:
I don't think at this point anybody would say the Jets have a better defense than Miami. They just roughed up one of the best RBs and TEs in the league and held a team that had been scoring 30+ points routinely to 10. Isn't NY playing the Bears soon? I'll be interested to see how this "better" D does against them.

The Jets do have a better QB and (I'll probably get flamed for this) maybe a better number one receiver. While the Jets have been playing obviously much more consistantly, the Fins have more potential that is finally starting to be realized. The question now is can they keep it up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them flounder again against the inferior opponents coming up. I hope not.

If the Jets D plays like it has the last 6 qtrs then i think so, we were awful most of the year but we have 90% of the same talent we had in 2004 when we were #5 in the NFL and when we played great at SD and at Pitt in postseason.

Obviously right now you guys have a better D but talent wise I think we have as much or more and we are finally starting to play like it.

There's never been a question about if we have a better #1 WR, Coles is w/o a doubt better than Chambers. Now the question I have is Cotchery better than Chambers? I am leaning that way b/c I am close to saying Cotch is better than Coles.

nyjunc said:
If the Jets D plays like it has the last 6 qtrs then i think so, we were awful most of the year but we have 90% of the same talent we had in 2004 when we were #5 in the NFL and when we played great at SD and at Pitt in postseason.

Obviously right now you guys have a better D but talent wise I think we have as much or more and we are finally starting to play like it.

There's never been a question about if we have a better #1 WR, Coles is w/o a doubt better than Chambers. Now the question I have is Cotchery better than Chambers? I am leaning that way b/c I am close to saying Cotch is better than Coles.

The difference between the Dolphins and the Jets right now is that with the exception of the New England game, the Jets have beaten the teams they were supposed to beat, and lost to the teams they were supposed to lose to. The Dolphins, through a combination of poor offensive line play (Jets advantage), poor QB play (Jets advantage, even though Chad hasn't been lighting it up) have failed to pad their record in the same manner. The Pats are mortal, but I wouldn't start to claim any team in the AFC East as their heirs apparent just yet. You have much more to fear from the Bills and Dolphins than you're letting on.

The simple answer: luck.

FINOLE: yes!! it is luck!! its name is tom brady!!

billichek was already getting the boot his arse out
treatment [and rightfully so] but he just happened
to draft an all world qb late in the draft.

thats why it is GREAT DRAFTING when you take one
every year. qb is the HARDEST position to evaluate
in the nfl and it is big time hit and miss.

wont happen here though. saban is going to force feed
duante to us next year, causing us once again to tank
the season early and in comes joey with about the same
results as we will have this year.

and no future qb to develope.

no tom brady and bill billichek is a defensive coach in
dallas or where ever bill parcells would be coaching.

Phanatical said:
Building a dynasty????

OMG, that's funny. NOPE! Let's review:

First, Saban brought in two QB's that absolutely suck, and let Frerotte go. QB is the most important position on the team. Without a QB that can protect the ball it's almost impossible to win. Saban seriously downgraded the teams most important position.

Second, the OL has been neglected for years. Last year, Frerotte and Linehan did a great job and working around the OL weaknesses. Saban never adressed the OL.

Third, Ricky Williams. You say the Dolphins are much more talented, but this guy adds a dimension to this offense that is almost irreplaceable. You can't lose RW and not lose something.

Fourth, the shambles called a secondary. Saban let go all of the veterans and threw in garbage players that have no business being out there. True, our veterans werent' what they used to be, but they could at least make a play once in a while. Saban made bad choices with the secondary.

Fifth, the draft. Saban wasted the first pick on a guy that hasn't contributed. Many of the rest of the draft class was for oft injured guys where Saban was trying to be a genuis and get a steal. He should have drafted some OL players that could make some impact. Saban made poor draft picks.

Sixth, the OC. Saban made a HUGE MISTAKE in choosing Mularkey.

So there you have it. Building a dynasty? No, more like building a trainwreck.

First, Frerotte was the key to building a franchise....get real!!! Saban tried to upgrade the QB position, which we all knew we needed to upgrade, even after last year. The QB he chose hasn't even been 100% yet, so we can't call it a mistake just yet. Will it pan out...I don't know, but I'm not closing the book on it yet.

Second, Saban gets blamed for everything, but FREROTTE & Linehan get all the credit for last year's success. That's the dumbest statement I've heard yet.

Third, Ricky got suspended. Nick had nothing to do with that.

Fourth, they are starting to look better now.

Fifth, It's so easy to draft immediate impact talent in the 3rd to 7th rounds isn't it.

Sixth, I'll agree that Mularkey has been a pretty bad OC so far this year, but as another poster pointed out in another thread.....Linehan wasn't much better at the beginning of last year. I'm not saying Mularkey will be that good, but we can't give up yet.

And finally, I'm going to ride this out at least another year before I pass a judgment of "trainwreck". Dynasty may be a little extreme...but so is trainwreck at this point.

And, if by chance RedenckFriend reads this, I'm going to point out now that I do not worship Saban....but I also do not think he deserves to be fired just yet.

emocomputerjock said:
The difference between the Dolphins and the Jets right now is that with the exception of the New England game, the Jets have beaten the teams they were supposed to beat, and lost to the teams they were supposed to lose to. The Dolphins, through a combination of poor offensive line play (Jets advantage), poor QB play (Jets advantage, even though Chad hasn't been lighting it up) have failed to pad their record in the same manner. The Pats are mortal, but I wouldn't start to claim any team in the AFC East as their heirs apparent just yet. You have much more to fear from the Bills and Dolphins than you're letting on.

When did I say we were going to take over for NE? I don't disagre w/ alot of waht you said although we should have beaten Cle but b/c of blown calls we lost- i hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

Finole said:
Yep. The Pats benefitted from a weak schedule because of their 5-11 finish.

do you know how much the previous year's record contributes to a team's strength of schedule?

There are 16 games.
6 of those games are against your division rivals. Doesnt matter what their record was, you gotta play them.
4 games are played against the teams from another division within your conference. Doesnt matter what their record was, you gotta play them. Each year you play a different division.
4 games are played against the teams from a division within the opposing conference... doesnt matter what their record was, you gotta play them.
Again, each year you play a different division.
Thats 14 games.
the last 2 games are played against teams from the other 2 divisions within your own conference(besides your own division and the division you are already scheduled to play)
This is where finishing record comes into play, but even here its not necessarily fair.
You have to play 1 team from each of these divisions, so if every team in one of these divisions is bad, then you play a bad team... even if you are the SB champion. Conversely, if every team in one of those divisions finished 8-8 or better, then you have to play a winning team even if your team is coming off a 1-15 season.

How a team finishes has almost no bearing whatsoever on how strong or weak their schedule is the following year

yankeehillbilly said:
do you know how much the previous year's record contributes to a team's strength of schedule?

There are 16 games.
6 of those games are against your division rivals. Doesnt matter what their record was, you gotta play them.
4 games are played against the teams from another division within your conference. Doesnt matter what their record was, you gotta play them. Each year you play a different division.
4 games are played against the teams from a division within the opposing conference... doesnt matter what their record was, you gotta play them.
Again, each year you play a different division.
Thats 14 games.
the last 2 games are played against teams from the other 2 divisions within your own conference(besides your own division and the division you are already scheduled to play)
This is where finishing record comes into play, but even here its not necessarily fair.
You have to play 1 team from each of these divisions, so if every team in one of these divisions is bad, then you play a bad team... even if you are the SB champion. Conversely, if every team in one of those divisions finished 8-8 or better, then you have to play a winning team even if your team is coming off a 1-15 season.

How a team finishes has almost no bearing whatsoever on how strong or weak their schedule is the following year

you are correct BUT in '01 the old scheduling format was in place where 4 games were determined by previous year's finish. In '01 the AFC east played the NFC West so NE had 8 games against the AFC East, 4 games against the NFC West and the last 4 were determined by their finish in '01. NE played Cincy(4-12), Cleveland(3-13), SD(1-15) and Denver(11-5). In '01 Cincy was 6-10, Cle was 7-9, SD was 5-11 and den was 8-8 so none of thoe teams turned out to be as bad as the year before. Buf in 4th place played Pitt(13-3), jax(6-10), SD(5-11) and Seattle(9-7) so NE's sched was slightly easier than Buf's.

Cincy, Cle, SD and Den.

What a crock. Saban will NEVER equal or come close to Belichick's success.

Dmancari23 said:
What a crock. Saban will NEVER equal or come close to Belichick's success.

yea yea yea...and Ronnie sucks...we know yer a Jet fan hiding among us....

Back
Top Bottom