Saban is building something very special | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is building something very special

Is Saban building a possible dynasty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nyjunc said:
You realize in 5 years Daunte has won 9 games only 2 times, don't act like you just got Dan in his prime.

It's WAY too early you talk dynasty, you guys are definitely headed in the right direction BUT I think you made a major mistake w/ Daunte.

By the way, I would have full faith in saban w/ the job he has done so far.
Hey, man, that's cool. You have your opinions about Daunte but at least you acknowledge that's were on the rise. Finally, a rival fan with a brain. We need more of you around. :tongue::up:

Adam First said:
Hey, man, that's cool. You have your opinions about Daunte but at least you acknowledge that's were on the rise. Finally, a rival fan with a brain. We need more of you around. :tongue::up:

Dude, I got into it with Junc about 8 months ago, about the time we were playing the Jests. The guy is alright (:tantrum: Gawd its hard to say that about a jests fan). Always good to have an "Outsiders" perspective, for we get introverted and homerism abounds us, and he is usually has a good perspective

nyjunc said:
You realize in 5 years Daunte has won 9 games only 2 times, don't act like you just got Dan in his prime.

It's WAY too early you talk dynasty, you guys are definitely headed in the right direction BUT I think you made a major mistake w/ Daunte.

You do realize like (Dan Marino) that C-Pep has never had an outstanding d-fense to complement his game... Losses cannot all be attributed to a QB...:tongue:

redhead said:
You do realize like (Dan Marino) that C-Pep has never had an outstanding d-fense to complement his game... Losses cannot all be attributed to a QB...:tongue:

I do realize that but at least Dan got to the playoffs often, in a horrible div and conf daunte has only been there twice and once was w/ an 8-8 record.

Thanks for the kind words guys. i feel bad bashing daunte but to clear things up it has NOTHING to do w/ you guys getting him. I have been arguing this for a few years now including on this site well befroe you guys ever though about getting him.

we gambled a 2nd round pic and he immediately restructured his contract......how is that a mistake? its not like we signed a QB to a huge lengthy deal with an injured throwing shoulder....duh

Phin-o-rama said:
we gambled a 2nd round pic and he immediately restructured his contract......how is that a mistake? its not like we signed a QB to a huge lengthy deal with an injured throwing shoulder....duh

The actual deal itself wasn't bad but getting Daunte was. I do not believe he is a winning QB and you are trying to win w/ him. I could be proven wrong but so far in his career he has not been a winner and everything I have seen from him in big games makes me find it hard to believe he will turn that around and become a winner.

bye far the nicest jets fan ive ever met, if my friends see me saying this i will for sure get my *** beat

nyjunc said:
The actual deal itself wasn't bad but getting Daunte was. I do not believe he is a winning QB and you are trying to win w/ him. I could be proven wrong but so far in his career he has not been a winner and everything I have seen from him in big games makes me find it hard to believe he will turn that around and become a winner.

like i said, it is a gamble....one that we didn't have to put much $$ in to play. if you deny DC's physical ability and talent then your a tool.....under new scenery, new team, new coaching staff...it was a gamble worth taking. if i were you i would be clinging to the same argument as you are, its a scary prospect for years to come for our division rivals if all plays out the way saban and co. are leading us....and you know it.

a healthy culpepper with the type of weapons we have could be the perfect situation for him...i do believe that he is living a dream right now ...its one thing to play in the NFL, but another to actually land on the exact team you want to play for and be in the situation to step into a franchise that is obviously heading towards being superbowl contenders within the next few years.

if you deny DC's physical ability and talent then your a tool.

he has all the physical tools but so did jeff George, Ryan leaf, Drew Bledsoe, Vinny, etc... That's only part of the battle.

ok, and look at bledsoe under new scenery, new coaching staff, etc...he is extremely serviceable, and he is older and has taken much more of a beating.

if i were you i would be clinging to the same argument as you are, its a scary prospect for years to come for our division rivals if all plays out the way saban and co. are leading us....and you know it.

nyjunc said:
Thanks for the kind words guys. i feel bad bashing daunte but to clear things up it has NOTHING to do w/ you guys getting him. I have been arguing this for a few years now including on this site well befroe you guys ever though about getting him.

For the record, what would it take to change your mind on Daunte?

Is there anything short of an undefeated Superbowl winning season that would get you to give him more slack?

If the Dolphins continue to improve with him as QB after he is able to heal sufficiently, wouldn't that simply reconfirm the importance of the entire organization in the achieving of success rather than the importance of ANY single player?

Oh, and thanks for the civility.

nyjunc said:

You gotta be kidding me, he didn't have a complete team around him and he had Fred Flinstone as his head coach, don't start with that crap around here. Who would have gone for? Ramsey? McCown? We didn't need any more back-ups masquerading as starters!

ok, and look at bledsoe under new scenery, new coaching staff, etc...he is extremely serviceable, and he is older and has taken much more of a beating.

bledsoe is the guy that held back Dallas last year, he started off well but tailed off and single handedly cost them at least 2-3 games. I believe if dal had a better QB, a decent QB, they would have made the SB last year.

if i were you i would be clinging to the same argument as you are,

There's nothing to cling to, the facts are Duante is not a winner. if he turns it around I'll tp my hat to him but I just don't see it.

fiedler was a 'winner' ....just like chad....no thx to either

For the record, what would it take to change your mind on Daunte?

if he gets you to a SB w/in the next 3 years I'll change my mind OR if he steps up in big games down the stretch and in the playoffs. people like to blame their D but he has come up small in big games and that has been a key reason for not getting to the postseason and postseason failures when they do get there.

You gotta be kidding me, he didn't have a complete team around him and he had Fred Flinstone as his head coach, don't start with that crap around here. Who would have gone for? Ramsey? McCown? We didn't need any more back-ups masquerading as starters!

he was a choker w/ Denny Green too although as a HC Green's team's always choked so maybe w/ saban he takes more after him and less after Denny.

If I was running the dolphins I'm not sure what I would have done. Brees' injury scares me so I agree not giving him big $, I probably would have tried to get ramsey or Schaub or held out to get Schaub as a FA next year. yes he's unproven but I like that he's a bit unknown and has talent whereas I know what Duante can do and it hasn't impressed me except fantasy wise.

Back
Top Bottom