Saban is building something very special | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is building something very special

Is Saban building a possible dynasty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
13finfan4ever said:
the thing about Culpepper is he cant take to much pressure, by this i mean from the opposing defence, or to much on his own sholders. if you make daunte win the game he wont. but if you have a o-line protecting him, a running game giving him time, and a few receivers that get open offten he will prove you wrong and throw for 4500 yards and 35 TD'S in a season. our defence has just enough left in it to make the difference, which will be a superbowl apperance in the next 3 years.

I don't care if he throws for 35 TDs, I just want to see him step uo and make plays to help his team win big games before I can change my opinion.

How can you metion George and Leaf in the same sentence will Daunte.

We were talking about players w/ all the physical tools. George was as gifted as any QB to ever play the game. george also made the playoffs twice and as a Minny QB w/ Moss and Carter he led them to the div rd like daunte and he put up 37 points and a 104 rating at SL while the next year w/ similar talent around duante he posted a 13 rating and got shutout at a MUCH worse Giants team.

very weak last year but over all that has been a strong division over that time period.

In 2000 and 2001 it was a good division but after realignment and TB moved out the div was horrible from '02-'05. Not one true big time team came out of that division compare that w/ a dynasty team in NE and 2 very good Jets teams in the AFC east over that same time. The best record from the NFC North was 12-4 in '02 from GB and in Week 17 w/ GB fighting for homefield the Jets humiliated them 42-17. Since '02 only 2 NFC North teams have won playoff games and one of those wins came in a matchup of 2 NFC Norht teams. NONE have made the NFC Title Game.

Superself said:
I'm not seeing your point. The Vikings didn't have a big time defense. Obviously Culpepper more than contributed his share in yards, points scored, and accuracy.
I would say that there are indicators which point to other facets of the team that did not hold up their end of the bargain.

A QB cannot do it all....none have and none will.

In the '00 ttile game he posted a 13 rating, in Week 17 needing a win over 4-12 Arizona he lost 18-17 and Ari had been giving up 33/gm for 8 weeks. The next year he led Minny to 10 points in the competitive portion of the game at 6-10 washington but luckily for him the NFC was so bad they took TWO 8-8 teams. W/ the wepaons around him he should have been able to get to the playoffs at least 2 more times.

nyjunc said:
In the '00 ttile game he posted a 13 rating, in Week 17 needing a win over 4-12 Arizona he lost 18-17 and Ari had been giving up 33/gm for 8 weeks. The next year he led Minny to 10 points in the competitive portion of the game at 6-10 washington but luckily for him the NFC was so bad they took TWO 8-8 teams. W/ the wepaons around him he should have been able to get to the playoffs at least 2 more times.

What the hell are you talking about!! You're judging him on his '00 yr? 2000...? He was drafted in '99 and made no pass atts so 2000 he was basically a rookie. How dare DC not perform like a vet in the NFC champ game. :rolleyes: And who says the GIA were a very weak team? You? A biased jests fan paying them rent?

That 4-12 AZ team won in the closing seconds with MIN's d on the field. Forget MIN was ahem, coached by Tice?

If you truly feel DC is a loser why are you wasting your time on a Phins board? Do you honestly believe you'll convert some of us with these weak arguments?

nyjunc... you may be a jets fan, but i like your opposing views, atleast your not just bashing, and you have a little bit of fact and educated opinions... besides that, you are a Tarheel fan, so i gotta show you love for that (and we're winnin again next year to bro).

Now, on track with the thread... in minn. daunte had randy moss.. thats it. i dont think he ever played with robert smith did he?? he has had a very very sub par running game to go along with the passing game. he "choked" in big games because the other team knew what the vikes were gonna do, thats why they lose. they have been a one-dimentional team since robert smith left. you have to consider the weapons he will have around him this year, and i think the people around him are really what makes our fans excited about having him.. he has talent, but now he has talented people around him so that he doesnt have to run the show like he did in minnesota.

Saban is the man i trust his plan w/e it is i want it to unfold completly an have a championship already

Its way to early to tell...Right now I am not liking all these moves and FA signings....Culpepper a vastly overated QB with a BLOWNOUT knee and we send a 2nd and a late pick next year...Cul is not a leader nor does he throw the ball with great accuracy and he cant hold on to the ball.

We sign Hill(who ever he is)to fill the shoes of Sam...We sent a 6th and Feeley for Cleo who I am have no clue about and honestly dont want to know.

We have very few picks this year where there is a deep draft right at our picks that we have and had...RW is up in the air which could help us draft day but who knows.

All these moves have not upgraded this team at all and our future which is draft picks is dwindling again...I am very nervous and dont like the situations we have with team needs that are not being met...Its still early but we need to sign players and draft players which have impacts now.

Teenwolf said:
I get the feeling the Dolphins are in for some good times.

Who agrees?

I want to believe, I really do, but I will wait to see how Daunte performs. That knee needs to take a pounding before I'll be a believer.

if you dont even know the players we are picking up then dont comment on them.. obviously you are either a fair weather fan or a pessemist... either way its not needed.

Back
Top Bottom