Saban on Matt Jones

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
40,290
Reaction score
9,769
If Jones somehow sneaks into the 3rd round, I think Saban will take him.
 

Cannonboy

Premium Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
2
Age
56
Location
Freehold, NJ
Did he have a game last year that went into alot of overtimes? If thats the guy he had a great game. I wouldn't mind him being drafted by the fins in the later rounds
 

SECfootball

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
1,418
Reaction score
0
Location
University of Arkansas
Cannonboy said:
Did he have a game last year that went into alot of overtimes? If thats the guy he had a great game. I wouldn't mind him being drafted by the fins in the later rounds
Not one, but two, in his career at Arkansas. He beat Eli Manning's Ole Miss Rebels in a 7 OT game and won another 7 OT game against Kentucky, the longest game in NCAA football history.
 

TouchDown

Scout Team
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
181
Reaction score
0
Matt Jones will go in the second round

There is no way we will get Jones unless we get a high second round pick. ESPN did a side by side comparison of Matt and Mike Williams. Guess who is faster in the 40, accelerates faster, taller, and has better hands?
 

KB21

Finheaven VIP
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,049
Reaction score
59
Jones will be drafted in the early second round, possibly even the first round.
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,501
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Long Beach, Ca
TouchDown said:
There is no way we will get Jones unless we get a high second round pick. ESPN did a side by side comparison of Matt and Mike Williams. Guess who is faster in the 40, accelerates faster, taller, and has better hands?
How did they measure who has better hands? We can turn on game film and see Mikes great hands, we cant do that for Jones. Also route running is extremely important and Jones cant touch Willaims there.
 

Eric-Gofins

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
If your a Matt Jones supporter..... are you drafting him as QB or WR...

again as a Gator and SEC fan.... in college this guy was all guts and a playmaker..

but again if you want him a QB..fine.. but if your arguing to have him switch to WR.. ...he didnt play that position in college and he may have the talent to do it..but not at NFL level.... see Eric Crouch....
 

Joey 22

Second String
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,447
Reaction score
0
As QB he had to learn all the routes of all of his WRs while like a WR only has to learn his plus he is getting all hyped as a WR but I think he could easily handle being a 3rd string QB and save a roster spot and some cap hit, dude this kid can block for himself, make the throw and catch it himself :roflmao: I like him a lot he has good hands the agility that takes running precise routes the only ?? for him as a WR would be if he can concentrate and catch a clutch ball.
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,501
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Long Beach, Ca
Eric-Gofins said:
If your a Matt Jones supporter..... are you drafting him as QB or WR...

again as a Gator and SEC fan.... in college this guy was all guts and a playmaker..

but again if you want him a QB..fine.. but if your arguing to have him switch to WR.. ...he didnt play that position in college and he may have the talent to do it..but not at NFL level.... see Eric Crouch....
no NFL is looking at him to play QB that I know of
 

SECfootball

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
1,418
Reaction score
0
Location
University of Arkansas
Eric-Gofins said:
If your a Matt Jones supporter..... are you drafting him as QB or WR...

again as a Gator and SEC fan.... in college this guy was all guts and a playmaker..

but again if you want him a QB..fine.. but if your arguing to have him switch to WR.. ...he didnt play that position in college and he may have the talent to do it..but not at NFL level.... see Eric Crouch....
See Drew Bennett. Eric Crouch didn't show the same willingness and desire to adapt that Jones has.

No way do we draft him as a QB. He's got a questionable shoulder and can make some poor decisions (Texas game among them)
 
Top Bottom