Saban stealing recruits. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban stealing recruits.

bullseyeguy

Heart of A Champion
Reaction score
http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070121/SPORTS/701210332/1006

Former LSU football coach Nick Saban keeps recruiting Louisiana football players -- even ones who have announced they plan to play football for the Tigers.
Saban, the new Alabama coach, who guided LSU to a share of the national title in 2003, made visits in the last week to two players who have made oral commitments to attend LSU.

"He (Saban) was kind of mad that we turned down the visit and turned down the scholarship," Davis told the Web site tigerbait.com. "He said that there is no way that the coaching staff at LSU can compare to the coaching staff we have at Alabama right now. He gave no credit to anyone."
Family members of both players said Saban took credit for LSU's 22-4 record since he left, saying it was done with players he brought to Baton Rouge.

WHat an arrogant pr, person....

Oh boy, if only all of you knew the whole stories of these cases.

I've told it numerous times and I'm kind of tired of it, so I'll just give you the short version.

Luther Davis, the 4-star recruit from West Monroe, actually told a LA newspaper that if Saban were still at LSU, he wouldn't be going there. (and that's AFTER Saban met with him.)

Phelon Jones, a 5-star cornerback from Mobile, told people that Saban's arrogance actually re-affirmed his committment to LSU and that he wouldn't want to play for Saban.

(Saban actually told Jones that he was already better than any cornerback he coached for the Dolphins. :fire: )

Man, we're gonna kick their *** November 3rd. Geaux Tigers.

I dont know what Saban has said to people bashing LSU, but as far as recruiting players who have already given verbals, that happens all the time and is nothing new. I also wouldnt be suprised if other coaches are as negative about other schools when recruiting as Saban is towards LSU with some of the things he has said. Negative recruiting is a part of it for some people. Doesnt mean they get as negative as Saban though.

I don't think this is a cardinal sin, but I still want to see Alabama get thumped this season.

No way he lasts more than 2-3 years there. What a coward.

Wow, sorry Kev83, but I want to see Bama get their A@@ kicked EVERY game! Hell, I'll even root for FSU in that game (that is going to hurt) :shakeno:

Oh boy, if only all of you knew the whole stories of these cases.

I've told it numerous times and I'm kind of tired of it, so I'll just give you the short version.

Luther Davis, the 4-star recruit from West Monroe, actually told a LA newspaper that if Saban were still at LSU, he wouldn't be going there. (and that's AFTER Saban met with him.)

Phelon Jones, a 5-star cornerback from Mobile, told people that Saban's arrogance actually re-affirmed his committment to LSU and that he wouldn't want to play for Saban.

(Saban actually told Jones that he was already better than any cornerback he coached for the Dolphins. :fire: )

Man, we're gonna kick their *** November 3rd. Geaux Tigers.

Remember that bowl game where you beat my Canes into the ground? Well I'll forgive you guys for that if you do it to Bama. :lol:

Now thats just plain stupid.

Who made Jones a 5* corner?

Wow, sorry Kev83, but I want to see Bama get their A@@ kicked EVERY game! Hell, I'll even root for FSU in that game (that is going to hurt) :shakeno:
Now that's low. SEC pride v. UF's #1 Rival?
If anything, blame it on the fact that you don't play Bama and you're wanting a stronger SOS....

I really don't see the point of this thread, other than Bama bashing. Coaches are relentless on recruiting and have been for some time. In the SEC alone, Urban Meyer and Ed Orgeron are a couple other coaches that come to mind about going all out on recruiting. If you notice, the most aggressive coaching staffs (recruiting wise) have the top tier classes. That's no coincidence.

Now that's low. SEC pride v. UF's #1 Rival?
If anything, blame it on the fact that you don't play Bama and you're wanting a stronger SOS....

I really don't see the point of this thread, other than Bama bashing. Coaches are relentless on recruiting and have been for some time. In the SEC alone, Urban Meyer and Ed Orgeron are a couple other coaches that come to mind about going all out on recruiting. If you notice, the most aggressive coaching staffs (recruiting wise) have the top tier classes. That's no coincidence.

Don't take it personal bro, its not Bama bashing, purely Saban bashing. :wink:

There is a line, the issue is some of the comments he made more than anything.

i read that robert marve was turned off by saban's recruiting style, and he may go to miami. good, i don't want him to go to saban.

well there is a little justice here oklahoma state is abot to lure a dt from saban and another player . i wished that osu would play saban , because i think it would be funny if bobby reid and the te pettigrew and waller light up sabans secondary.

Back
Top Bottom