Saban stealing recruits. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban stealing recruits.

So, it doesn't look like your fact that he IS coming to Miami is straight.

You could play that card, but the fact is that it doesn't look good for Alabama.

Nick Fanuzzi wasn't convicnced by Saban to come to Alabama, he was convinced by Marve. He didn't want to compete against a better QB.

You could play that card, but the fact is that it doesn't look good for Alabama.

Nick Fanuzzi wasn't convicnced by Saban to come to Alabama, he was convinced by Marve. He didn't want to compete against a better QB.
Please.
Fanuzzi visited the University of Alabama, not la casa de Marve.

Fanuzzi was probably more conviced by Major Applewhite than anyone, seeing as they had a previous established relationship when Applewhite was at Rice.

That coming from an LSU fan? Kinda ironic.

Not really.

First of all, the smack that we do talk is substantial because we have won a recent national championship and have back-to-back 11 win seasons.

Not to mention two consecutive blow-outs of big time programs in the last two bowl games.

Also, the vast majority of visiting fans who come to Baton Rouge enjoy their experience. Great food, drinks and general hospitality. It's known that LSU fans are some of the best in the SEC. (Just don't ask Ole Miss fans, they hate our guts.)

It's kind of hard for LSU fans to be bitter anyway. We're always happy because of how GREAT of a program we are.

Sorry if you Bammers have to be full of p!ss and vinegar. But it kind of makes sense because all you have to fall back on is a guy who wore a black-and-white checkered hat 40 years ago.

:)

Bama fans can't understand that their school has become 2nd rate in the SEC and that even crappy coaches were telling the powers-that-be in Tuscaloosa that they did not want to coach Bama. Of course Nick the Whore took the job and the money. I hope Bama losses every game they play and then you will see that you got what you paid for.

Not really.

First of all, the smack that we do talk is substantial because we have won a recent national championship and have back-to-back 11 win seasons.

Not to mention two consecutive blow-outs of big time programs in the last two bowl games.

Also, the vast majority of visiting fans who come to Baton Rouge enjoy their experience. Great food, drinks and general hospitality. It's known that LSU fans are some of the best in the SEC. (Just don't ask Ole Miss fans, they hate our guts.)

It's kind of hard for LSU fans to be bitter anyway. We're always happy because of how GREAT of a program we are.

Sorry if you Bammers have to be full of p!ss and vinegar. But it kind of makes sense because all you have to fall back on is a guy who wore a black-and-white checkered hat 40 years ago.

:)

Don't you know that college football ended in 1992 and Alabama has 42 national championships.

Not really.

Also, the vast majority of visiting fans who come to Baton Rouge enjoy their experience. Great food, drinks and general hospitality. It's known that LSU fans are some of the best in the SEC.

But it kind of makes sense because all you have to fall back on is a guy who wore a black-and-white checkered hat 40 years ago.

1 The whole reason I wrote ironic was based on my past experience at LSU. That is actually the only stadium I will never visit again. Had beer thrown on me before the game even started. It was Alabama-LSU 2004. But that's another topic. I do think the fans that travel are class...I'm just talking younger aged. The LSU fans were fine in Gainesville this yr.

2 I agree you're a great program, thanks to Coach Saban. Is that a shot saying Alabama isn't a great program? I have trouble seeing that...even after some down years.

3 I didn't see a shot at Coach Bryant coming, but ok. On the same sorta level, I'll say that at least we do have something to fall back on. You guys had a championship in the 50s....and then seasons of 8 wins followed by 5 win seasons. It's good to be near the top...as you are now, but I wouldn't make fun of one team's past when yours doesn't even deserve mentioning in the same breath. Take note on this one....an Alabama fan did not start the "history or legacy" stuff in this case.

Bama fans can't understand that their school has become 2nd rate in the SEC and that even crappy coaches were telling the powers-that-be in Tuscaloosa that they did not want to coach Bama. Of course Nick the Whore took the job and the money. I hope Bama losses every game they play and then you will see that you got what you paid for.
This is getting to be about GD ridiculous.
It's impossible to get civility on FH now and be a Bama fan, it seems.

This is getting to be about GD ridiculous.
It's impossible to get civility on FH now and be a Bama fan, it seems.

People on this board feel strongly about Nick Saban. You chose to put him in your avatar. You joined this board at the same time that he lied to all of us and bolted for UA. Honestly my first impression is that you were here to mock us. I'm just trying to tell you what other people see. I'm not excusing anybody's behavior or anything.

People on this board feel strongly about Nick Saban. You chose to put him in your avatar. You joined this board at the same time that he lied to all of us and bolted for UA. Honestly my first impression is that you were here to mock us. I'm just trying to tell you what other people see. I'm not excusing anybody's behavior or anything.

Actually he was here a year before that. :wink:

Kev's been around awhile, good poster IMO. Just a unique situation because of Saban.

I'm sure its nothing personal bro.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recruit tug-of-war for QBs Shannon -vs Saban
Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon and former Dolphins coach Nick Saban, now at Alabama, are duking it out for the same two high school quarterbacks.

San Antonio's Nick Fanuzzi, who has been committed to the Hurricanes since last summer, visited Alabama last weekend, and according to Scout.com he switched his allegiance to the Crimson Tide on Monday.

Tampa quarterback Robert Marve, who committed to Alabama before Mike Shula was fired, took a visit to UM last weekend and said he's "seriously considering" the Hurricanes.

Marve, who led Tampa Plant to a Class 4A state title and was named Florida's Mr. Football on Monday, said he was "impressed" with his visit to UM and plans to make a decision early next week after his visit to Hawaii this weekend.

He's expecting a visit from Patrick Nix, UM's new offensive coordinator, early this week.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Good work, Vertical. I am proud of you. :clap:

Kev...try not to get personal.:nono:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recruit tug-of-war for QBs Shannon -vs Saban
Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon and former Dolphins coach Nick Saban, now at Alabama, are duking it out for the same two high school quarterbacks.

San Antonio's Nick Fanuzzi, who has been committed to the Hurricanes since last summer, visited Alabama last weekend, and according to Scout.com he switched his allegiance to the Crimson Tide on Monday.

Tampa quarterback Robert Marve, who committed to Alabama before Mike Shula was fired, took a visit to UM last weekend and said he's "seriously considering" the Hurricanes.

Marve, who led Tampa Plant to a Class 4A state title and was named Florida's Mr. Football on Monday, said he was "impressed" with his visit to UM and plans to make a decision early next week after his visit to Hawaii this weekend.

He's expecting a visit from Patrick Nix, UM's new offensive coordinator, early this week.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

As a QB, I'm not real sure whats so attractive about playing for Saban.

Well, right now I'll deal with definites.

Miami lost its 3rd qb commitment in the last 3 years and has 0 young qbs on its current roster.

There are some facts.

And somehow, come summer, we're going to have 3 QB's on our roster that would easily start for Alabama...hmmm....

And somehow, come summer, we're going to have 3 QB's on our roster that would easily start for Alabama...hmmm....
I'm just talking about the fact that you have 0 QBs in the last 2 classes.
And trust me, we don't want Kyle Wright. We're fine with JP Wilson, who just set the school passing yards record this past yr. Should get better as he develops.

Actually he was here a year before that. :wink:

Kev's been around awhile, good poster IMO. Just a unique situation because of Saban.

I'm sure its nothing personal bro.
Thanks, man...I don't think some understand that I can support Nick Saban (he's still my coach) and not mock the Dolphins on a 24/7 basis.

Back
Top Bottom