Saban talks to J.Allen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban talks to J.Allen

saban said some of the false starts were due of bad timing at the silent snap, it will get fixed, i´m not worried

FemaleFinFan said:
Better he talk to him and tear him a new one, then clap at bad plays like a former coach did.

p1_wannstedt_all-1.jpg

We like how you are sucking from a suck standpoint, son. Golf clap.

Nicky Napoleon said:
Did you not see Saban go postal on him after that play.....
dude saban goes postal in every game at some1 could be a player a ref it doesnt matter if i was his player i just look at it like that just the way he talks all that time i love that man i could hug him he is really strong but fare with his player so i love him

TarHeelFinFan said:
Allen has been disappointing so far. Not because he's getting burned, but because he's being burned by backups. He's getting embarrassed by players that might not even make their teams. Of course, the way he held out for all that cash, maybe he needed to be humbled some.

Has nothing to do with the WR beating him because it's not a physical thing. He's blowing coverages and letting guys go right by him or he's failing to pick up the right guy. So it really doesn't matter who the receiver is as long as they have decent speed they will make a big play.

true dol-fan said:
dude saban goes postal in every game at some1 could be a player a ref it doesnt matter if i was his player i just look at it like that just the way he talks all that time i love that man i could hug him he is really strong but fare with his player so i love him

Did you see it happen??? I have seen Saban yell at players and refs before, this was a whole different level of butt chewing!

WVdolphan said:
Nick told him --- "Getting toasted in an exhibition game is only part of the learning experience that will give you the opportunities to see where you need to improve most in order to get where you want to be RELATIVE to the end of the season. So FROM THAT STANDPOINT, this only makes you better RELATIVE to how I exploited those same weaknesses when I coached at LSU and you were the opponent."

Thats exactly right.. This is what preseason is for. Not only evaluating talent, but for having guy get acquainted with the system... try new things.. and iron things out. There 3 weeks till the start of the regular season. You can see his natural athleticism. He just looks a little hesitant. Sitting out really hurt him. He'll get it together. You know Saban will make sure he does:wink:

Just noticed something checking player profiles. Neither Bob Sanders or Troy Polamalu did well in their rookie season. As a matter of fact, they sucked.

I guess we shall see what Jason Allen will bring to us in 2007! :)

Vertical Limit said:
Just noticed something checking player profiles. Neither Bob Sanders or Troy Polamalu did well in their rookie season. As a matter of fact, they sucked.

I guess we shall see what Jason Allen will bring to us in 2007! :)

:yeahthat:

Allen's problem is that he's trying to make a play on every down instead of going out and doing his assignment. Proof is on that play when he bit on the playaction and got burned for the TD. He tried cheating on that one and the DFins payed for it. If he stands strong w/ the coverage, waits to see if it's an actual handoff and then proceeds to react he would of been fine. He's just trying to hard right now, give him the rest of the preseason to learn the defense. In his defense, he's only been in camp for a wk or so, trying to learn a very complex defense, while learning two positions at that. wait till preseason is over to decide if he's a bust or not.

here's the thing with DB's guys, you won't here when he does good, unless its intercepting the ball. When a GOOD DB who is a shutdown DB shuts down the reciver they are on. That DB's name wont be called, cause nothing is happening on his side of the feild. But if that DB blows 1 coverage, then his name is called, and he is the worse DB ever.

Allen Bit on a Play action, he played that play like a safty. HE wasn't reading the reciver, he was reading the QB. The fact, that he blew the assigment and was able to catch up to the reciver was a good thing. It shows he speed. if that would have been 5 yrds more back on the LOS then it would not have been a TD.

he will be ok. You guys expect way to much. Dude is a rookie, he missed last season with an injury right? and he has missed a lot of camp this year as well. He has been in camp for 2 weeks and has been asked to play 2 postions.

he will be fine. Just cut the man som slack.

Back
Top Bottom