Saban talks to J.Allen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban talks to J.Allen

TarHeelFinFan said:
Allen has been disappointing so far. Not because he's getting burned, but because he's being burned by backups. He's getting embarrassed by players that might not even make their teams. Of course, the way he held out for all that cash, maybe he needed to be humbled some.

He's not getting burned, he is making mental mistakes that are getting him out of position. He definitely looks fast enough on the field, he just needs to get more comfortable with our coverages.

Alex44 said:
What are you talking about, he hasnt looked THAT bad

Sure he has made a few mental errors (like the long TD) but its not like he is being physically overmatched, he's been hitting hard and tackleing well and his motor has been on non stop (other then when he got ran over down the sideline tonight, ouch)
Between this game and the Jacksonville game he has been burned for at least 3 TDs of 45+ yards. Right now we can't even afford to put him on the field as a nickelback against Pittsburgh.

he does look very fast and smooth as well, he looks like an athlete at the moment, hopefully he will look like a football player sooner than later. im starting to have my doubts about him starting as the starter though...might not have enough time

TarHeelFinFan said:
Allen has been disappointing so far. Not because he's getting burned, but because he's being burned by backups. He's getting embarrassed by players that might not even make their teams. Of course, the way he held out for all that cash, maybe he needed to be humbled some.

cmon...he just played at a position he has never played before in the nfl and only had four practices AT the position...he will be fine. Listen to Sabans post game, he explains it.

Im sure the press will ask what he said to J. Allen, and he'll respond with a few "between me and that individual....relative to" 's.

marty where did u pick up the post game on the home page already?

John Biello said:
he does look very fast and smooth as well, he looks like an athlete at the moment, hopefully he will look like a football player sooner than later. im starting to have my doubts about him starting as the starter though...might not have enough time
Nope, he deffinitely isn't going to be ready against Pittsburgh. He will eventually be a very good player. He has the tools. He just needs to actually use them and earn his paycheck.

i might be in the minority but im actually more concerned with our offensive line than our secondary but maybe im crazy

John Biello said:
i might be in the minority but im actually more concerned with our offensive line than our secondary but maybe im crazy

im concerned with Both...with the secondary im more concerned about the CB depth. with the oline im concerned about the starters play period.

John Biello said:
No, you aren't crazy. Our starting offensive line is attrocious. Anderson needs to get his **** together.

Vertical Limit said:
No, you aren't crazy. Our starting offensive line is attrocious. Anderson needs to get his **** together.

Funny thing is, last week everybody was praising him . . welcome to preseason.

Bennie Anderson is a player that is playing with this OL for the first time. I'm willing to give him some time to elevate his play. Tampa plays a completely different style than Jax does, and Anderson has always struggled with the speed game. I think he'll an average starter overall, and that's all we need from him.

Give the team some time before we take their heads off. They have more talent than last year's team, but it will take some time before everything comes together. I'm a bit worried about the OL, but Houck is a stud and will have them ready to go before we get going for real.

PhinsTD said:
Bennie Anderson is a player that is playing with this OL for the first time. I'm willing to give him some time to elevate his play. Tampa plays a completely different style than Jax does, and Anderson has always struggled with the speed game. I think he'll an average starter overall, and that's all we need from him.

Give the team some time before we take their heads off. They have more talent than last year's team, but it will take some time before everything comes together. I'm a bit worried about the OL, but Houck is a stud and will have them ready to go before we get going for real.

Well the running game look good tonight, and that has always been Anderson's strength, his weakness being pass protection, and it was obvious tonight. Man its a road game and u got some guys playing together for the first time in a road game, it can get tuff, and mistakes are going to happen which is why they play preseason, if everybody was ready to go then we wouldn't need to play preseason and Nick and every other coach wouldn't need to be apart of the team. I think he will be fine, I like having youth, but its great to have veterans on both lines . . the DL and OL is the backbone of a team, if u are soft there u ain't goin nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom