Said Dan Marino today about Tua: "I think he is a quarterback that can get to, and win a Super Bowl." | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Said Dan Marino today about Tua: "I think he is a quarterback that can get to, and win a Super Bowl."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy no matter who talks good about Tua, the people stuck on their own narrative while still not supplying anything to show they are right dismiss even our own legends. Pathetic. I’m sure Dan has said similar thing about tannehill or other qbs though yeah?
I'm sure he has. LOL

What makes you think I don't think Tua is the guy? Simply because I think Dan wouldn't say anything negative about any Dolphin QBs?

it’s something I’ve noticed throughout the series and especially in the last episode, literally if you know what to look at you will see exactly what I’m talking about. It’s embarrassing and it sucks for us
He has a gut for sure. He got slower as the year progressed. I did notice the weight.

At least he had playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance under his belt at this point in his career. It was a no brainer to extend him at that time.
Yep. Marino had super meaningful wins throughout his career. And he was one of the best ever.

The hypocrisy is laughable.

And Dan never won a super bowl! I would take all of his comments with a grain of salt. His job is now PR for the Dolphins, mixed with a little rear end kissing, so he can sit in the bosses box for each game. I am growing tired of the routine. Not exactly sure what he does, but as long as he has been an "advisor" the team has been uncompelling. He was a great QB (although underachieved w no SB wins), but that does not make him a great front office guy or advisor. Same thing with his role in the broadcast booth, where he also stunk!

Yep. Marino had super meaningful wins throughout his career. And he was one of the best ever.

The hypocrisy is laughable.
Marino had been to the Super Bowl at this point in his career and Tua has zero meaningful wins, so what is your argument?
Are you trying to compare the two?
I don’t see the connection of someone thinking Tua just isn’t that good means that Marino was not good. :bobdole:

Not saying this applies to you, but I’m curious to understand the logic behind anyone who says Marino was great when he had incredible regular season stats and stunk in the playoffs going 8-10 with a passer rating of 77, and got to one Super Bowl in year 2 never sniffing another one in 15 years, then says that Tua is a king of empty stats after only 3 years in the league as a starter and leading his team to the playoffs in 2 of them And leading the league in passing.

How does that work? Should we have given up on Marino in year 5 because he peaked in year 2? Is Marino a “king of empty stats” who couldn’t take his team to a Championship That should’ve been given up on and replaced?
Wow dude... your membership should be revoked!!!! Admin?

At least he had playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance under his belt at this point in his career. It was a no brainer to extend him at that time.
Just to be clear, the only QBs you think have earned extensions are those that have had success in the playoffs during their first 4 years of being in the league, regardless of their performance in the regular season?

And Dan never won a super bowl! I would take all of his comments with a grain of salt. His job is now PR for the Dolphins, mixed with a little rear end kissing, so he can sit in the bosses box for each game. I am growing tired of the routine. Not exactly sure what he does, but as long as he has been an "advisor" the team has been uncompelling. He was a great QB (although underachieved w no SB wins), but that does not make him a great front office guy or advisor. Same thing with his role in the broadcast booth, where he also stunk!
1706276468298.gif

Just to be clear, the only QBs you think have earned extensions are those that have had success in the playoffs during their first 4 years of being in the league, regardless of their performance in the regular season?
Performance in the playoffs is huge but also regular season games against teams with winning records, games in the national spotlight, cold weather games and games where the conference/division are on the line.
Cant just win in ideal weather conditions against bad teams.

Performance in the playoffs is huge but also regular season games against teams with winning records, games in the national spotlight, cold weather games and games where the conference/division are on the line.
Cant just win in ideal weather conditions against bad teams.
I certainly agree with you, I just don't think it's time yet to say that Tua never will do those things.

I also think, like with any QB, other factors should be considered and it can't simply be looked at through the lens of "Did Tua win or did he lose"?

I certainly agree with you, I just don't think it's time yet to say that Tua never will do those things.

I also think, like with any QB, other factors should be considered and it can't simply be looked at through the lens of "Did Tua win or did he lose"?
I hope he proves me wrong and does all those things but thus far, he has not shown anything close in those mentioned conditions.

Whose rear end is Marino kissing? What an odd thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom