saints could be in the market for a wr | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

saints could be in the market for a wr

If the Saints decide that they are willing to make a trade; they'll call us. The entire NFL knows that we have too many WRs. Hell... they probably have already called us about X, and this might just entice them to increase their offer there.

Hurns for a 7th rounder would be fine... but throwing a Wilson or a Williams into the deal (along with X) could produce a much better return. I'd personally be against moving Preston, but every player has a price and this might be one of those times when a team desperate to remain relevant makes a mistake and overpays.

Grant and Hurns won't be worth much. No disrespect to those guys but I just can't see it. Williams might be worth slightly more but he's still probably a 3rd at best. He's unproven and not reliable yet regarding injuries. Whatever the team does I'm not expecting a steal for one of our WRs.

we have like 13 WR's so I'd trade away more than just Grant. We're not going to carry 12 WR's so might as well get what we can for some of them.
Yeah... I'd be willing to move a couple of them--especially if we have a pretty good idea of which ones that we'll keep.

...and I keep circling back to Hurns and Wilson because both of them are 1) older and 2) had their contracts extended by a year last year due to their opt outs. I'm still thinking that one or both would already be gone if their contracts would not have been extended.

I’d like them to keep Wilson. I think Wilson and waddle in combo with any of them on the field will give defensive coordinators nightmares
Agree. Wilson has never really held up for a full workload for a whole season, but he can be electric in doses. We should try to tap into that, even if it's not in a heavy workload to try to get him through the season.

The next thing to consider is that Michael Thomas is a pure flanker... at 6'3" and 212 he is NOT a slot receiver very often. ...and that's what Wilson is... so unless they are figuring on replacing Thomas with one of their in-house guys (or Kenny Stills who is available), they'll likely want an out side guy... which brings me back to Hurns (and unfortunately Williams).
The won't want Grant, they'll want a real WR, and the only three that we have are DVP (who we won't move unless we are POSITIVE that Williams is the guy... and healthy), Williams (who we'd really like to keep), and Allen Hurns (who matches the body type of the player they are going to have to replace for about half of the year).

Hurns is the guy if the Saints come calling. He's pretty cheap and could easily be jettisoned when Thomas comes back. If I'm the Saints GM, and I don't want to get Harry from New England, or Kenny Stills from FA, then I ask for Hurns and offer a 7th.

...and I think we'd take it. We'd actually get about 2M in cap relief and be left with a really small amount of dead cap.

I'm willing to move all of them except the 6 I'm rostering

Lowest I would take for Parker is a 2nd and in that case I would rather keep him... But for a first... Have him.
They aren’t trading Parker but maybe the Saints would offer the Dolphins a 5th round pick for Williams. If they do, they should take that 5th round pick and not think twice about it.

Back
Top Bottom