Salguero-Chris Chambers to remain with Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero-Chris Chambers to remain with Dolphins

Stats mean very little in the situation that Chambers is in. Hell if I look at Joey Porters stats last season, why the hell we paid him 20 mill guaranteed. Its about potential, talent and what a person can do for your team. U throwing stats out there, but why not throw some reasons why he hasn't been putting up huge numbers. I can give u a few: Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, Joey Harrington, a one legged CPep, Cleo Lemon, Sage Rosenfelds . . . nuff said. He is the best we got and he is the best out there, and . . . . until u show some links about what teams offered for him or some proof, its all hearsay about what teams weren't or were interested and what they would have given up.

Yet you fail to acknowldge that Fiedler had a revolving O-line, he had a new Ocoordinator every other year, 3 different startinng Rb's in his years and had changes at WR'S every year. If I remember correctly, didn't Fiedler help Chambers have the highest YPC his rookie season. Amazing what happened when we made him our #1 go to guy and teams could defend a guy who seems to only be able to go deep.

You fil to acknowldge that Griese looked good when he had Rod Smith to throw too. Didn't Smith do pretty decent with Griese throwing him the ball.

Didn't Feely come in at the most crucial time in Phillys season to take them to the Playoffs with a 4-1 record. Looked pretty solid in the process. Heck he looked good again last year ion his limited time.

You wanna throw Rosenfels into the mix. I find it funny you wanna throw the one guy who managed to help get Chambers to the Pro Bowl in there.

Like I said, you wanna sit there and make all teh excuses in the world for Chambers but yet can't make the same excuses for the QB'S who HAD FAR WORSE issues to deal with then Chambers ever had.

Yeah it does hurt when you realize that no other receiver on the team during those "inconsistent" years was even close to numbers.

I respect alot of your posts GEFORCE I do.

But it really doesn't matter what the other WR'S were doing.

Did Marty Booker care what Marcus Robinson or any other WR was doing when they had no running game and Kordell Stewart and Jim Miller throwing him the ball? No he did the job and got 3 straight 1000 yard seasons

Did Hines Ward care what his other WR'S were doing when he had Stewart and Maddox throwing him the ball.

There are plenty of other WR'S who had bad situations, QB'S, whatever but still got their job done.

If you are satisfied with a mediocre #'s from our #1 guy then youshould have been happy with mediocrity from Fiedler, Frerotte, McMichael and Harrington.

If that's the case you must hate what Cam is doing right now. Chambers has been as much an underachiever as McMichael. I like Chambers, I do. I just get sick and tired of people making him out to be better then his performance has been. He has done nothing better then be a middle of the pack WR for us. Sure he showed us some greatness. So has every other WR on this team at some point.

Great players make magic happen whether they have an offensive line(ask Vince Young, Barry Sanders) whether they have a QB(Moss, Owens,Ward) whether they have a great RB. It doesn't matter.

Thats why team that dont have elite recievers suck, like us.We cant afford an elite reciever,fine. Give me a consistent,speedy, good reciever that gets open.Chambers is not that either. Chambers has had one good season, he is still mediocre in my eyes. He still looked like crap that season until the final six games, when Saban himself told him he wasnt elite.I was just like you always defending CC, but his time is up. Time for someone new.

Well let's see, the Patriots number 1 receiver was Reche Caldwell. The Chargers #1 receiver was Keenan McCardel. The Ravens had Derrick Mason who had a down year and they were still very good. Kansas City had Eddie Kennison as their number 1 and all of those teams were in the AFC playoffs. Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Hines Ward and Jevon Walker were all home for the playoffs. Looks like elite WRs doesn't equal great success. How great was Musin Muhammed last year for the Super Bowl Bears? Not very good.

I was one who was fairly enthusiastic about letting CC go... but reading that article does make one think.If we have a QB to deliver, and an Oc to make adjustments, who knows what can happen for CC. we know all to well his shortcomings. But we also ne very well his possiblities. This is his make or break season.

Do number one receivers play in the slot?

On that part. HELL YES. It's what good OC's do. They move WR's around.

Anyways this entire debate is POINTLESS. Miami finally has an offensive background coach who will be calling plays. So either he puts up 1000 yards and people like bluehaze disappear or change their names (due to foot so far down throat it's coming out #2) or Chambers is cut next year.

There is ZERO benefit to cutting him this year. Signing bonus is too relatively new and you can't change your entire receiving core in one year.

I for one am willing to let it play out and be happy for Chambers if Cameron is finally the guy for him or I'll be happy next offseason when he's cut. Either way I'm happy :D

I would still give chambers and our first pick to move up for CJ in the draft. But if we sign Stallworth, then all of this CJ talk will be moot.

I would still give chambers and our first pick to move up for CJ in the draft. But if we sign Stallworth, then all of this CJ talk will be moot.

I would do that deal as well.

Calvin Johnson, Booker, Hagan, Kelly Washington, Vick

Year after, get rid of Booker and draft another rookie, hopefully Hagan has got over his dropsies and Vick is a natural at the position, then we have a nice WR core for years to come.

sounds good to me, however if we don't give our QB's enuff time to find someone, then we are back in the same position.

Good news.
Lets see what Cam does with Chambers this year.

Despite a $7.9 million salary-cap number -- and an obvious offensive overhaul -- the Dolphins have no intentions of parting ways with wide receiver Chris Chambers. Miami believes Chambers is capable of returning to his Pro Bowl form.

Miami Herald

Despite a $7.9 million salary-cap number -- and an obvious offensive overhaul -- the Dolphins have no intentions of parting ways with wide receiver Chris Chambers. Miami believes Chambers is capable of returning to his Pro Bowl form.

Miami Herald

Sweet! :cooldude:

Miami Herald

it appears that after watching the all 22s from last year, something none of you have done, cam has identified the problem as #3, #8 and that *** clown coordinator he demoted, not #84.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/

I think he has identified the problem correctly.He is a durable WR who IMO could be utilized more effectively as a slot receiver rather than as a No 1 WR.

He hasnt been helped by the parade of ineffective QBs and OCs during his career.

His salary is a little rich for a slot receiver but I am sure adjustments will be made.

IMO Cam will want to hang on to him and utilize his talents more effectively.
What do you think ?

Those of us who have rational minds already assumed this. It was only those who wanted to "excuse Joey Harrington's short comings" for Chambers not so impressive numbers this year after he just made the Pro Bowl in 2005!

Well, those Joey Harrington lovers need to check the Dolphin roster. Chambers is HERE and Harrington is GONE! :lol:

I respect alot of your posts GEFORCE I do.

But it really doesn't matter what the other WR'S were doing.

Did Marty Booker care what Marcus Robinson or any other WR was doing when they had no running game and Kordell Stewart and Jim Miller throwing him the ball? No he did the job and got 3 straight 1000 yard seasons
Booker obviously did care what was going on, he was disgruntled his last season in Chicago because of his diminished role and demanded to be traded. BTW, Booker only had 2 straight 1000 yard seasons.
Did Hines Ward care what his other WR'S were doing when he had Stewart and Maddox throwing him the ball.
With Plexico Burress on the other side, teams could not focus on Hines Ward and Kordell Stewart made it to the Pro Bowl in 2001 after completing over 60% of his passes. The last Dolphins starting QB (who played atleast half the season) to complete over 60% of his passes was Jay Fiedler in 2002[/quote]
There are plenty of other WR'S who had bad situations, QB'S, whatever but still got their job done.
I can name only one, Anquan Bolden, who was in a similar situation and still got it done. Who are the others?

If you are satisfied with a mediocre #'s from our #1 guy then youshould have been happy with mediocrity from Fiedler, Frerotte, McMichael and Harrington.
I have never been satisfied with Chambers performance, or lack thereof, in '06. But unlike some I think last season was just a bad year for him and '07 will be different.
If that's the case you must hate what Cam is doing right now. Chambers has been as much an underachiever as McMichael. I like Chambers, I do. I just get sick and tired of people making him out to be better then his performance has been. He has done nothing better then be a middle of the pack WR for us. Sure he showed us some greatness. So has every other WR on this team at some point.

Great players make magic happen whether they have an offensive line(ask Vince Young, Barry Sanders) whether they have a QB(Moss, Owens,Ward) whether they have a great RB. It doesn't matter.

I think you have me confused with someone else who may have called Chambers a great or an elite WR. I have never said that but he has been the best WR option for the Dolphins during his career.

Great players can only do so much by themselves as Barry Sanders would attest to. He only gained 100 yard once in 6 post seasons games.

Either way you look at it, Chambers has to be wondering about his future with everything going on in Miami. If he stays, he will be under a gun, for his preformance in the 2007 season.

Back
Top Bottom