Salguero: Ireland told his job is safe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Ireland told his job is safe

I was in favor of dumping all these guys if they missed the playoffs. I still am if they drop 2 down the stretch...

But I must say I am surprised that the team didn't collapse after the Buccs loss. I predicted the team would freefall. I guess we have to give Philbin credit for that, but the guy still scares me as HC. He is a horrible game day coach.

As for Ireland, he has made some gaffes, and the OL situation is a huge failure on his part, but for the most part the issues with this team this season has more to do with coaching than talent. The talent was there to win several more games this season as shown by the many close losses to top teams and inferior teams. Those games were lost due to poor coaching, not a talent gap.

I can't really judge this draft yet because the coaching staff is notoriously stubborn in playing rookies as demonstrated by the handling of Miller, OV and Matthews last season, and Dion Jordan this season. I think a lot of these guys will start to come on strong in the coming seasons.

Just look at Clay and Carroll... These were former Ireland draft picks thought to be busts but have made huger strides in year 3...

I think Jordan will be a difference maker later in his career and at least one of the DBs will be a solid starter. I also like Dion Sims potential. We can't call them busts just because the coaches refuse to play young guys...

If Ross is telling Ireland his job is safe at 7-6 after blowing a 3-0 start and losing to bad teams like Buffalo and TB with years of losing and poor decisions under his tenure, he's not fit to be an owner. Why would he be safe? Wait until the season is over.

If Ross is telling Ireland his job is safe at 7-6 after blowing a 3-0 start and losing to bad teams like Buffalo and TB with years of losing and poor decisions under his tenure, he's not fit to be an owner. Why would he be safe? Wait until the season is over.

I kind of agree with this. Why tell him he's safe now? Wait and see what happens the last 3 games.

like I said. one more year....but you all should know by now we are starting to turn the corner. if you don't like that, then indeed you are not a real fan of the Miami dolphins.

if all you want is to get rid of Ireland, then yourhate preceeds you.

My thought is this has more to do with the Martin investigation than performance. If the Dolphjns lose out and go 7-9, I think Ireland is fired. Even at 8-8 I think he is fired...

Meh, we won't really know until the season ends.

If we make the playoffs no problem with keeping him. I've seen a shift in philosophy from him that suits the direction the NFL is going. People will point to this past draft, but it's so hard to draw a conclusion with the injuries we have had. He's put some quality talent in place. People might not like it, but look around the league and see everyone else's track record and how he stacks up. It would surprise some people, JMO. If we don't make the playoffs, either way for me, I don't consider him our problem.

Ill never get this way of thinking.

We are a MEDIOCRE team that at this moment sits out of the playoff picture, and needs outside help to get in. I would like that to change at some point, and become one of the GOOD teams in the league that doesn't need outside help to get in. Get it?

like I said. one more year....but you all should know by now we are starting to turn the corner. if you don't like that, then indeed you are not a real fan of the Miami dolphins.

If all you want is continued failure and are a fan of mediocrity than you are not a real fan of the miami dolphins. If you are incapable of critical thinking and lap up everything dolphins than you are not a real fan of the miami dolphins. If you can't think for yourself and just blindly support all that is teal and orange than you are not a real fan of the miami dolphins.

If I disagreed with you I'm not a Dolphins fan? I'm not sure if we are in the right direction. If we go 10-6, or 9-7, and make the playoffs then maybe, but there's still a lot of incompetent things that this team does.

If this is true, I think it means that Ross has come to the conclusion that Martin was full of $**t, and he very well may have been told that Wells feels the same way. Notice this comes right on the heels of Wells meeting with both players for the second time, and right as Incognito sends out his first tweet since being suspended. There would be no reason for Ross to give such assurances, when the season could still end very badly, not to mention that this game was an inch away from being an epic fail.

I think it also means that at least Ross feels Tannehill is a franchise QB. If you feel that way, you have to give Ireland virtually sole credit for drafting him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are a MEDIOCRE team that at this moment sits out of the playoff picture, and needs outside help to get in. I would like that to change at some point, and become one of the GOOD teams in the league that doesn't need outside help to get in. Get it?

No, I never want my teams to lose. I don't want to tear it all down and rebuild every couple years because you're butthurt with a person in the F/O. We are becoming one of the good teams in the league and you're too busy being pissy on Ireland to see that.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom