Salguero: Ireland told his job is safe | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Ireland told his job is safe

Ross is smart, a smart businessman. No way does he guarentee Ireland's safety. I don't buy it for a second.

usual suspects.

anyhoo. there proby aint much happening in the investigation and joe doesn't mind Ireland. after all, he got tannehill and then impressed going up Jordan. Jordan is a stud. it will start to show next year.

just give me the Alabama T and guard and the Miami G and a bigger RB and tall TE. were on our way.

If this is true, I think it means that Ross has come to the conclusion that Martin was full of $**t, and he very well may have been told that Wells feels the same way. Notice this comes right on the heels of Wells meeting with both players for the second time, and right as Incognito sends out his first tweet since being suspended. There would be no reason for Ross to give such assurances, when the season could still end very badly, not to mention that this game was an inch away from being an epic fail.

I think it also means that at least Ross feels Tannehill is a franchise QB. If you feel that way, you have to give Ireland virtually sole credit for drafting him.
I think this is completely on-target. And Tannehill has certainly functioned like a franchise QB for the past six games.

Crazy if true.

This team is 7-6 and still needs outside help to get into the playoffs. Why not wait until we see what happens to tell Jeff he's safe? What if the team finishes 7-9 again?
Then that will be another 12, 000 fewer season tickets sold... at least.

gronkowski is out. just lookin better. win in the snow. Daniel Thomas has great game..... I mean...this cant be happnin for Ireland haters.

I think Ireland's drafts will only get better now that he has learned to remove from his board any prospect whose parents are attorneys.

If the team finishes 10-6 or 9-7 and makes the playoffs, it is hard to see anyone really being fired.

Now if the team collapses and say finishes 7-9, then I think some heads will roll.

How can the 2nd and 3rd round choices see the field when Carroll and Wilson have played the way they have. They can't crack the top 4 because the top 4 has been excellent this year so far. And it looks like Patterson will be back to pick Brady's passes next week.

McKinnie was a great mid season pickup, Brenner is really playing well at LG. sure he has had his blunders but so has every other GM.

I think JI is a bit of a douche but he has brought good talent to the team. He completely fixed a 10 year problem by giving us good QBs and 1 of them is a franchise guy, IMO. We have an improved receiving core, the secondary is improved. Yeah Wheeler sucks and that was a gamble which is a failure but from what I see he has done decent in drafts. We have alot of guys who have developed and are becoming key players in our victories from recent drafts. Some guys take a lil while to develop.

We are a winning team in a playoff hunt right now, with a good chance to get in. We got a big one next week and that's all that matters, we gotta beat the pats!

didn't they give Tony Sparano an extension before firing him?
No ones job is guaranteed!

If the team finishes 10-6 or 9-7 and makes the playoffs, it is hard to see anyone really being fired.

Now if the team collapses and say finishes 7-9, then I think some heads will roll.

I think Ireland should be fired but if this team somehow goes 10-6 (and I remain extremely skeptical) and wins or at least plays a competitive playoff game, I don't see it happening.

We'll see what happens, but if we continue to see REAL improvement from this team over the last three weeks... really tough to go out there and start firing people.

I hope to hell he isn't safe. Ireland had a crap draft in 2013. When you can't get anything out of your 2nd and 3rd rounders and have a part-timer as a 1st rounder it's sickening.

don't talk about Jordan, the guy makes plays every time he is on the field

Back
Top Bottom