Salguero: Ireland told his job is safe | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Ireland told his job is safe

Many people just don't get that we aren't going to go from near cellar dweller to elite in one season.

we'll get there with ireland no matter how many seasons it takes won't we.

Look if anyone thinks the dolphins should lose in an effort to lose Ireland is misguided. I admit I'm extremely biased when it comes to my position on the benefits of organizational consistency but even those of you who think its okay to continuously shift regimes must see the upside of a trip to the playoffs. First off well either play the colts or bengals in the firt round 2 teams we've already beaten. Meaning we could easily make the second round. That kind of experience would be invaluable to our young players give them confidence and making miami a more desirable destination for free agents to plug some of the remaining holes on the roster and solidify our talent heading into next year.

If this happens, you want the person who built the team that made these strides in charge of taking the next step.

It would mark the progress many of u pined for.

It would make us part of the nfl upper middle class; on the fast track to joining the elite.

Also, withe randomness of the nfl playoffs, and the ability of incomplete teams to ride hot streaks to a Lombardi trophy (ie giants, ravens). If u make the playoffs, u never know, we could win it all?!

THIS^^^^^^ AND it will make our players hungrier , just to know that we was just that much closer to winning it all , and hopefully open the eyes of F.A. PLAYERS to come to south florida .

THIS^^^^^^ AND it will make our players hungrier , just to know that we was just that much closer to winning it all , and hopefully open the eyes of F.A. PLAYERS to come to south florida .

What makes you guys so sure of that? Ireland has a history of low balling people. You think a quick playoff trip will somehow make players come here for less money? Really? FA Players? I understand maybe guys who are here now but new guys?

Dudes didn't even really do that back in the early 90's when we had Marino and were going to the playoffs year in and year out.

What makes you guys so sure of that? Ireland has a history of low balling people. You think a quick playoff trip will somehow make players come here for less money? Really? FA Players? I understand maybe guys who are here now but new guys?

Dudes didn't even really do that back in the early 90's when we had Marino and were going to the playoffs year in and year out.

I didnt say they would come here on some low ball offer just because we are in play off contention , i was saying that since Our Team is a playoff Team that F.A. players would want to come (on the right price) to help make our team better .

What **** news this is. I was going to try to juggle some things to make it down for the NE game but this has taken some of the wind out of my sails.

Who wants to chip in on another banner?

A couple of reasons why I think this is premature. Ross is not going to commit to anyone until this investigation is completed. Numerous times Armando quotes a source and it turns out to be nothing. I think if this was legitimate, it would have been reported at a national level.

then why did we take corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?

So when Carrol, Wilson, and Grimes eventually leave the team we aren't left with a void. Depth, developing young talent- those are good things.

So when Carrol, Wilson, and Grimes eventually leave the team we aren't left with a void. Depth, developing young talent- those are good things.

davis and taylor were taken with the idea they would contribute this year. so was thomas. no one drafts players in the 2nd and 3rd round to sit. young? yes. talented? not so much. these guys arent even active and no one in this organization has any of them penciled in as starters next year. so...there will still be a voids because of ireland's history of ****ty drafting and poor FA signings.

davis and taylor were taken with the idea they would contribute this year. so was thomas. no one drafts players in the 2nd and 3rd round to sit. young? yes. talented? not so much. these guys arent even active and no one in this organization has any of them penciled in as starters next year. so...there will still be a voids because of ireland's history of ****ty drafting and poor FA signings.

How do you know why they were drafted? Taylor had health issues so he was clearly thought of as a project and Davis I can assume the same because he is undersized sitting behind Grimes. Not to mention rookie CBs are usually garbage - see Dee Milliner for reference.

Take off you're Ireland hate blinders for a minute. Look at our contributers on this team - Hartline, Clay, Misi, Odrick, Solai, OV, Carroll, Jones, etc etc. All guys who were drafted and took time to develop. None came in their first year and blew it out of the water, but now are more than solid contributers. It should be obvious now that the plan in Miami is draft guys with high upside and let them develop. Tanne was supposed to be the same but as it turns out the kid can play.

Poor FA? Like Starks, Wake, Grimes, Gibson (pre injury), McKinnie, Ellerbee, etc etc. Even Wallace is on pace for 1000 yards and is opening up the D for other WRs to shine.

The draft from this year will be on the field more next year and will shine the year after. Next year I wouldn't be surprised if Egnew breaks out, ya - even with the bashing Ive given him I said it.

I will say this for Taylor and Davis, when you actually see how well the CBs in front of them are playing (combined with injuries for Taylor) you understand why they aren't playing. As for why draft them, well at the time CB was a huge need and with Brent Grimes and Nolan Carroll being UFA's coming up we had to be ready (also combine that with Patterson always being hurt on the cut watch due to salary).

As for the news, if true Ireland has to prove he deserves it. Lock up one of our DTs and Grimes/Carroll (possibly Clemmons too) and hit on some early draft picks.

I am not buying he is safe. Plus, it is typical that a current GM might stay on through the draft and then get the ax.

Back
Top Bottom