Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback

I always say if you want to look smart about football, lean negative. This stuff is hard and the chances of Rosen never becoming our franchise QB greatly out weigh the chances of him becoming it. I hate to burst bubbles but that probably goes for anyone we would draft next year as well. The NFL is really, really hard. You want to look smart like you know football, lean negative and your chances at being right, which is the most exhilarating felling in the world, goes up exponentially.

Shhhhhh your giving away the strategy of quite a few “gurus” on this site. How will they ever be able to say “I told you so” now? We all know how cool that makes them look!!!

Yep, I watched him play last year with a worse OL than Ryan had last year and a preseason game this year with a worse OL than he had last year. You’re argument makes no sense because I never said he had the goods but I’m saying there’s no way you can say he doesn’t have it based on the crap he has had to play with.
Then we aren’t going to find out if he has the goods this year because he doesn’t stand a chance with our Oline. That being said, we are 100% taking a Qb in the first round in 2020 even if we have to trade up.

If folks just came to believe that no matter what Rosen does this year we still should select a Qb next year, we would of some nice peace..

Then we aren’t going to find out if he has the goods this year because he doesn’t stand a chance with our Oline. That being said, we are 100% taking a Qb in the first round in 2020 even if we have to trade up.

Dude, you’re barking up the wrong tree. I don’t care if Dan Marino is on the roster I’m taking a QB every year in the draft no matter what round we get one. I never want to go through the last 20 years ever again

Dude, you’re barking up the wrong tree. I don’t care if Dan Marino is on the roster I’m taking a QB every year in the draft no matter what round we get one. I never want to go through the last 20 years ever again

I am so onboard with that plan...you hit on 3rd to 6th round QB and you have a great backup and or trade bait.

Ron Wolf cleaned up doing this in Green Bay!

I am so onboard with that plan...you hit on 3rd to 6th round QB and you have a great backup and or trade bait.

Ron Wolf cleaned up doing this in Green Bay!

You could argue BB and the patriots have as well. Garapolo, Cassell, and the backup in Indy.

You could argue BB and the patriots have as well. Garapolo, Cassell, and the backup in Indy.

Yes... to a slightly lesser degree... but clearly Belichek followed that theory...remember Brady was a 6th round hit when they already had Bledsoe!

I can’t believe how many ppl think we should draft a qb in the first next yr even if Rosen plays well. So should the jets draft one too if darnald plays well? Buffalo? Cleveland?

I can’t believe how many ppl think we should draft a qb in the first next yr even if Rosen plays well. So should the jets draft one too if darnald plays well? Buffalo? Cleveland?

If he plays well... and that could be impossible behind this line...you don’t go QB in round 1, unless you end up number one overall....and one of these QB’s proves himself to be a once in ten years type prospect.

We have the luxury in that scenario because Rosen is on the cheap for the next few years... and who knows...he might be the next Brady?

Also...if we pick number one overall....we still have a load of picks to build this O-line and other holes!

allen i
Yeah, I don't get the Allen thing.

If he can't throw and he needs to run a lot to sustain drives while not being a dynamic athlete, outside of talking about Jesus a lot, honestly how is he any different than Tebow?

I remember before that draft there was this advanced analytic stat that projected quarterbacks to the NFL by giving them a score. Baker had a really high score similar to someone like Rivers. Rosen and Darnold were much lower, but Allen was in the negatives. I remember reading that no quarterback with a negative score ever turned out to be a legitimate starter and his comparisons were like Kyle Boller and JP Losman.

I'm glad Buffalo loves him, because I want them to keep him as long as possible before they realize how much time they've wasted on a quarterback who can barely throw a forward pass.

PS: He also had the highest uncatchable pass percentage in the NFL last year of ANY quarterback that played.
Allen is going surprise lot of people

If he plays well... and that could be impossible behind this line...you don’t go QB in round 1, unless you end up number one overall....and one of these QB’s proves himself to be a once in ten years type prospect.

We have the luxury in that scenario because Rosen is on the cheap for the next few years... and who knows...he might be the next Brady?

Also...if we pick number one overall....we still have a load of picks to build this O-line and other holes!
Plenty people here think we are going QB rnd 1 no matter what. Even some of the ‘fin heaven experts’ I just can’t agree w that

Back
Top Bottom