Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback

I always say if you want to look smart about football, lean negative. This stuff is hard and the chances of Rosen never becoming our franchise QB greatly out weigh the chances of him becoming it. I hate to burst bubbles but that probably goes for anyone we would draft next year as well. The NFL is really, really hard. You want to look smart like you know football, lean negative and your chances at being right, which is the most exhilarating felling in the world, goes up exponentially.

I cannot understand, in any way, why everyone isn’t rooting for Rosen to look like a franchise QB.

WTH?

Root for it. Why? There are no sure thing top 5 QBs. Ever. Just because you love the way a guy looks in college doesn’t mean he will succeed. What is the hit rate, even in the top 3? 15%???

That said, even if Rosen looks like a franchise, pick a guy if he is there at the right value. I would rather be in a Brees/rivers situation than tannehill/no-one situation.

The issue is, if Rosen ends up good but not great ala Tannehill, we will miss out on our chance of getting a potentially elite QB in 2020. I don't think Marino himself could get this team to 10 wins. I think everyone wants him to be elite, but no one will be able to say that confidently after this season with a putrid team around him.

Tom Brady had some of the worst body language and pouting in league history and Flores saw this every day. This discussion of body language makes zero sense. What is He supposed to be happy getting the **** getting kicked out of him?? Would Marino not be pissed???

I may be a minority of one, but I see "body language" as, possibly, giving away pass/run by the way he leaves the huddle, or, annoyed with the play call, or personnel, or, who knows. It doesn't have to be pouting or fear.

I don't think Marino himself could get this team to 10 wins.
That’s a pretty safe bet.

Marino in his prime couldn’t get the ‘86 Dolphins to even 9 wins. And that team had won the division the year before and played in the AFC championship (and Marino was first-team All Pro in 1986, as well as the league leader in passing yards and touchdowns).

Looks like you're cutting & pasting this agenda-driven narrative in every Rosen thread. It's ponderous! (and transparent).
Oh please. Because I'm not blowing smoke up his ass I have some kind of agenda. My only agenda is I don't believe he is the answer at QB. I'm sorry if that bothers some of you who feel different, but that's just the way I see it. I'm surprised I haven't been accused of being a troll yet, but I'm sure that's coming.

Last edited:
I dont agree with the article, but Rosen isnt the answer. Cardinals wouldnt be that dumb to give him away for a bag of chips and a soft drink.

Let's just tank next year with Rosen and bring in Trevor Lawrence.

Last edited:
I may be a minority of one, but I see "body language" as, possibly, giving away pass/run by the way he leaves the huddle, or, annoyed with the play call, or personnel, or, who knows. It doesn't have to be pouting or fear.

What is giving away pass/run by the way he leaves the huddle?

Like what would be an example of that.

Cardinals wouldnt be the dumb to give him away for a bag of chips and a soft drink.

What have they done to show you they are anything but what you described?

I dont agree with the article, but Rosen isnt the answer. Cardinals wouldnt be the dumb to give him away for a bag of chips and a soft drink.

Let's just tank next year with Rosen and bring in Trevor Lawrence.
Let's continue to tank as fans while players and coaches prepare otherwise.

What have they done to show you they are anything but what you described?
This is the key question. the cardinals have never been considered one of the NFLs premier franchises. Steve Keim has crippled that team with poor draft after poor draft. He never had succession plan in place for a rapid declining Palmer which led to the eventual departure of Bruce Arians. He has been a poor decision maker for years.

As for Kingsbury, yeah he is a smart offensive mind. But he had a winning season 2/6 yeara. and finished with e straight losing seasons as head coach of Texas tech. He remains a bigger question mark than most people think.

But yeah the cardinals know what they are doing.

Which recent example would you prefer? The Mahomes one from last TC or the Trubisky one from the year before?

I'm not saying Rosen is either of those guys, but let's not pretend that good QB haven't had shaky Training Camps and then just torn it up afterward, either. Because that's nonsense.

Or Jared Goff...

Hey Jimmy G threw 5 INTs today. So it could be worse lol

Back
Top Bottom