Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback

Rosen has much better pocket awareness you can see that. Compare Tannehill as a rookie to Rosen as a rookie if you want a fair comp. But I know you don't you hated Rosen day 1 of that trade

Haha you pick the worst trait of Tannehill and compare and try to make that the end of the debate. How about Rosen throw more TDs than ints before we get carried away. Or actually start for the Dolphins.

I cannot understand, in any way, why everyone isn’t rooting for Rosen to look like a franchise QB.

WTH?

Root for it. Why? There are no sure thing top 5 QBs. Ever. Just because you love the way a guy looks in college doesn’t mean he will succeed. What is the hit rate, even in the top 3? 15%???

That said, even if Rosen looks like a franchise, pick a guy if he is there at the right value. I would rather be in a Brees/rivers situation than tannehill/no-one situation.

I think there is just a real disconnect with people between how exciting a QB prospect is and the reality of what he will amount to in the league. A lot has to go right for a young QB to emerge, and it is so immensely easy for QB's to fail to reach their ceiling based on their own shortcomings, those of the organization they are part of, or sometimes chance.

Look at the draft with Winston and Mariota. Except for the off field stuff Jameis was practically a super prospect at QB. The guy displayed the passing skills of a season pro as a redshirt freshman, constantly making plays with his arm that few QB's will every make. Five years in and the guy is practically the same QB who entered the league, partially having to do with some injury and some off the field stuff, but also having to do with a bad organization that has failed to provide any sort of defense or running game to relieve the need for a gunslinging QB to win the game single handedly. Mariota, who was also a candidate for number one, hasn't developed an ability to make plays with his arm or stay on the field. I would imagine Tannehill starts half the games for the Titans this year until his inability to deal with pass rush becomes crippling.

Whenever I see guys like Tua, I just think of how I felt about guys like Leinart, guys who we all thought would be number one overall picks and looked like sure things.

I like the fight and the arm talent I see out of Rosen. I don't know if he will be successful here because our inability to protect, our likely dearth of reliable running or defense, and no consistent playmakers, but there's a ton of young QB's who would struggle with that too.

Haha you pick the worst trait of Tannehill and compare and try to make that the end of the debate. How about Rosen throw more TDs than ints before we get carried away. Or actually start for the Dolphins.
Hes also more accurate and a better QB. Tannehill is all athlete. You can't look at a rookie season on an all time bad offense and say ooo he sucks

Hes also more accurate and a better QB. Tannehill is all athlete. You can't look at a rookie season on an all time bad offense and say ooo he sucks

If you want to compare rookies year, I dont think hes more accurate. I think 58% is higher than 55%. Maybe my math is off. Full yard higher yard per attempt too. More accurate and more efficient if my math is right.

If you want to compare rookies year, I dont think hes more accurate. I think 58% is higher than 55%. Maybe my math is off. Full yard higher yard per attempt too. More accurate and more efficient if my math is right.
Fair enough but you can't look at the cardinals and say they did him any favors. He was running for his life with terrible coaching

Fair enough but you can't look at the cardinals and say they did him any favors. He was running for his life with terrible coaching

Hate to break it to you but what you got from Rosen is what you are gonna get this year if he can't evaluate the talent around him. Fair or not this dolphins team is on par with that cardinals team from last year. He's not coming into a better situation.

Hate to break it to you but what you got from Rosen is what you are gonna get this year if he can't evaluate the talent around him. Fair or not this dolphins team is on par with that cardinals team from last year. He's not coming into a better situation.
The coaching is night and day

Rosen has much better pocket awareness you can see that. Compare Tannehill as a rookie to Rosen as a rookie if you want a fair comp. But I know you don't you hated Rosen day 1 of that trade

Again, do the score keepers give you a handicap for having someone younger?

No?

If not, then yeah they downgraded at QB this year.

And this whole "you hated him right away" thing is so stupid. I hated him after I liked him after I liked him, if you're keeping score. You can call that what it really is, which is calling it like I see it, when I see it. He had the look of being overrated as a college QB in his second year at UCLA. He pulled himself up a little bit in his third year, which had me rating him a 1st rounder, the 4th best QB in the class. Then he was god awful as a rookie in ways that did not reconcile with the previous evaluation. I call it like I see it, when I see it.

It's everyone else that seems to refuse to assimilate new information into their evaluation of the player. Or maybe I should say the only new information they're willing to assimilate is a jersey change.

Rosen will be good this year just watch ;)

Again, do the score keepers give you a handicap for having someone younger?

No?

If not, then yeah they downgraded at QB this year.

And this whole "you hated him right away" thing is so stupid. I hated him after I liked him after I liked him, if you're keeping score. You can call that what it really is, which is calling it like I see it, when I see it. He had the look of being overrated as a college QB in his second year at UCLA. He pulled himself up a little bit in his third year, which had me rating him a 1st rounder, the 4th best QB in the class. Then he was god awful as a rookie in ways that did not reconcile with the previous evaluation. I call it like I see it, when I see it.

It's everyone else that seems to refuse to assimilate new information into their evaluation of the player. Or maybe I should say the only new information they're willing to assimilate is a jersey change.
Was it a drastic change from rookie to right now in your opinion? Im only asking as Im sure some of it absolutely has to do with the supproting cast but not all of it.

In other words, how much of that drop off do you attribute to coaching staff and OL vs pure regression as a player? And I understand that in the end it might not even matter, as no matter what, his confidence might be crushed and once that happens well...

Back
Top Bottom