Salguero: Tannehill continues to struggle with tipped passes in practice | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Tannehill continues to struggle with tipped passes in practice

It was an issue in COLLEGE, I repeat in COLLEGE where 90% of the guys he faced can't even crack an NFL practice squad.

This is an instinctual issue Tannehill might not have upstairs and is going to lead to tons of picks. He just might not be a natural Quarterback, but I'm praying he is. The pain of another bust ala Henne is too much to handle. Especially since Henne's weaknesses were so glaring from the get-go that had no fix. Tannehill is starting to show similar trends.

I'm not a downer here, just a realist and calling it as I'm seeing. What do you think the Texans and Raiders D are talking about. What is going to happen when we face Belichick and Pats D?

It was an issue in COLLEGE, I repeat in COLLEGE where 90% of the guys he faced can't even crack an NFL practice squad.

This is an instinctual issue Tannehill might not have upstairs and is going to lead to tons of picks. He just might not be a natural Quarterback, but I'm praying he is. The pain of another bust ala Henne is too much to handle. Especially since Henne's weaknesses were so glaring from the get-go that had no fix. Tannehill is starting to show similar trends.

I'm not a downer here, just a realist and calling it as I'm seeing. What do you think the Texans and Raiders D are talking about. What is going to happen when we face Belichick and Pats D?

No not a downer just someone who likes to blow things out of proportion.

they didn't...it is a MAJOR strength...his accuracy and arm on the move...we need to play to it...look at what the skins did with rg3...he was rarely in the pocket...and when he was he threw mostly bubble screens etc...not saying i want to run tannehill to contact like the skins are doing with rg3 and they will probably pay for down the road here if he takes so much contact but for my study of tannehill in college the part of his game that i was most suspect about was the pocket play...not to mention he looked most comfortable in shot gun and pa not taking pro pass drops...pro drops with that kid are a work in progress and i felt like sherman for whatever reason went with them way too much against houston...i think he should have been in the gun more like brady is etc...

Bro...embrace the punctuation!!! lol

im actually glad the Dlinemen are learning to get their hands up cus I was pissed when Schaub started doing 3 step drops and they just continued to rush the passer.

I don't remember him ever being rolled out in the game last week.

This was generally listed as one of his strengths, his mobility and his accuracy on the move.

Maybe they were trying to keep the game plan simple since he IS a rookie after all.

If youre suggesting a roll out pass, I say nay. I cant stand the roll out pass, cause where ever he rolls out, either to his left or right, thats where he HAS to throw it, it limits the field and limits his options. and the defense automatically knows where he's going to throw it. we might get a 7 or 8 yard gain but thats about it. We used to do that crap when Henne was here and it works a couple times, but we never get much yardage

you know, I hope the raiders stop their pass rush to try and block passes. it should be fun. there goes reggie on a draw. there goes tanny on roll out. They didnt do much of that last time. we'll see. Until then Mando is a weenie.

It needs to be fixed quick. And its correctable. But the coaches need to do something about it quick.

Screw RGIII look at what the Ravens did with Flacco! And I only say screw RGIII because I think he is much more athletic than Tannehill and I agree with you about the contact with RGIII. If the Skins are not careful they are going to have another Randall Cunningham on their hands.

I feel Tannehill is on par with Flacco in terms are athletic ability and look at what rolling him out did in the Ravens game! It opened up tremendous passing opportunities. Sherman would be a fool not to use this against the Raiders this week and get Tannehill settled into the game.

tannehills a MUCH better move athlete than joe flacco...

It needs to be fixed quick. And its correctable. But the coaches need to do something about it quick.
TRUE because he is planning to retire by midseason. I mean what are these brain dead coaches thinking, he is going into his 2nd game of his rookie year, he should be playing perfect now with ZERO mistakes. Every pass should be a touchdown, with no exceptions, what do they think he is, HUMAN?? Fire all the coaches there is no excuse for this. What do you mean he already had a pass tipped in practice, they told him it was a problem so it should never happen again in his LIFE!!!

Back
Top Bottom