SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK

Javonte Williams with the Butt Fumble 2.0, at the 1 yard line.

LMAO but Denver leaped us to take him. And we had to settle for some Dutch kid.

Melvin Gordon clearly a better RB than Williams.

Last edited:
Problem with that is you're telling the world you made a mistake. It's not like Lance is a rookie, he had an off season to prepare. Not a similar situation to when Tua was put in way too soon his rookie year when he wasn't even healthy, just because the rest of the offense sucked and we needed a spark.

I agree.

However I can’t see any other reasoning behind the Niners backpedaling and re-signing Jimmy G (after sending him away from all team activities beforehand) other than an insurance policy should Trey Lance struggle mightily.

I believe the Niners believe they have a team capable of competing for a SB and if it comes down to they’ll sit Lance and bring in Jimmy G if they believe he can save their season.

I think Lance’s preseason performance changed the Niners thinking. They got a tad concerned. Thus the reversal on the Jimmy G situation.

Melvin Gordon clearly a better RB than Williams.

As someone that had Javonte on his fantasy squad last season but now has Melvin Gordon this season — I kinda sorta hope you’re right.

However I still do like Williams as a player though.

I agree.

However I can’t see any other reasoning behind the Niners backpedaling and re-signing Jimmy G (after sending him away from all team activities beforehand) other than an insurance policy should Trey Lance struggle mightily.

I believe the Niners believe they have a team capable of competing for a SB and if it comes down to they’ll sit Lance and bring in Jimmy G if they believe he can save their season.

I think Lance’s preseason performance changed the Niners thinking. They got a tad concerned. Thus the reversal on the Jimmy G situation.

The problem is that Jimmy G is not that guy. He can game manage but he’s not someone that will win you games with his arm. Depending on how long they let lance ride if they are in the hole 4-5 games, I wouldn’t count on Jimmy G winning 9 out of the next 12 games. Their schedule is pretty rough and the bears might of been the easiest team on it.

The problem is that Jimmy G is not that guy. He can game manage but he’s not someone that will win you games with his arm. Depending on how long they let lance ride if they are in the hole 4-5 games, I wouldn’t count on Jimmy G winning 9 out of the next 12 games. Their schedule is pretty rough and the bears might of been the easiest team on it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Jimmy G fan. I think he has a bad habit of holding the ball too long and taking unnecessary sacks. Kinda how some are concerned about Tua's ball-security and retreating when he gets pressured, those are things I've seen a much larger sample size from Garoppolo.

That said, he was the QB when the Niners advanced to the SB in 2019. While I don't believe their defense and rush attack are at the level they were then, I can see how the Niners front office might believe otherwise.

I like Myan Williams better.

Yeah, I read that in another thread.

I can certainly understand that. Miyan is a stud too. But a different, more physical style back. Kinda reminds me a tad of Maurice Jones-Drew or Marshawn Lynch type.

While I do like Miyan Williams, TreVeyon is a home run hitter that can play with a little physicality when needed. And I think he has the ability to be very good in the passing game.

We'll see how they develop this season. Perhaps I'll change my mind.

FWIW, Miyan red-shirted his freshman season thus he is draft eligible in 2023 should he decide to declare. TreVeyon isn't draft eligible until 2024.

Per Bears CB Jaylon Johnson

“What you think he did? He ain’t do ****,” Johnson said of Lance, via NBCSportsChicago.com. “We made him play quarterback. We know he hurt us in the run game with his feet, and everybody knows at some point he’s going to run and make a play. But I feel like we had to really make him play quarterback. Like I said, he’s still a young guy and I think he’ll end up being a good player for them. But it’s early. He has to go through it. I feel like we did exactly what I said we would. Make him prove himself as a quarterback.”
Wow, the Bears are awfully ****y after one win. Let's see what this guy has to say after Sunday night's game.

I haven't smoked a joint since my earlier 20's. Let's just say if Miami is lucky enough to get a top 3 pick out of SF and trade it away for a bounty. I'd smoke the whole joint up.
tommy chong weed GIF by Paramount Movies
Why would you do that to yourself?

Wow, the Bears are awfully ****y after one win. Let's see what this guy has to say after Sunday night's game.

Ya they aren't going to have many of those kind of days this season. I'd be shocked if they won 5 games, I follow that team pretty closely as my best friend and my boss are both Bears fans. I am also an Ohio State who likes Justin Fields so I have a vested interest in that squad.

They are at the bottom of the league in overall talent. I'd rather have the Jaguars, Jets or Lions roster than theirs. But Justin Fields has talent. I'd rather have Fields than Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Trevor Lawrence.

Don't mind hearing this from former Rams coach Mike Martz:

And on #49ers Trey Lance: “He's not a great passer. Doesn’t have good skills. takes him a long time to set himself and throw the football.”

But its Mike Martz, sooooooo

I'll be watching the Niners - Seahawks game for sure on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom