SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK

They not open for business when you need them?
I haven't smoked a joint since my earlier 20's. Let's just say if Miami is lucky enough to get a top 3 pick out of SF and trade it away for a bounty. I'd smoke the whole joint up.
tommy chong weed GIF by Paramount Movies

I'm not impressed w/ J Fields either.

Slopping weather. Fields was 2/10 at one point I think.

51 yard TD to Dante Pettis woke them up.

But the team is void of talent, which makes this game a surprise.

The key is exactly what Ghost said. The Bears are seriously lacking on the offensive side of the ball.

While this game was tough to watch — largely due to the weather and field conditions — I saw Justin Fields do some encouraging things.

The TD throw he had to Pettis was one of those special off-script plays that fans talk about wanting out of their QB all the time. The TD toss to take the lead was also a nice play.

Today against a very good defense, Fields athleticism and ability to escape the rush were the best thing going for the Bears offense.

It’s so important but I just wished they didn’t sign jimmy

How we that shoulder might be weaker

Ehh they drop a couple more and it’ll be too late. Jimmy G is a game manager who can be solid when asked to do so but put him in a situation where he needs to win 7 out of 10 games and that’s just not going to happen. He isn’t that guy.

The 49ers figured to be down this year anyway, after rising from 6 wins in 2020 to 10 wins in 2021. It's very similar to the predicament the Dolphins were in last year.

But it is surreal that an NFL quarterback can be benched after a season with 8.6 YPA, especially in favor of a raw kid with so little to recommend on his college resume.

The bounce trend had an excellent opening weekend. Among the 7 teams that gained 3+ in the win column last season, all of them lost today except the Eagles. They went a combined 1-6 vs. the spread, with the only cover being Atlanta over New Orleans.

That was actually 1 of 2 games in which the bounce pointed in the same direction from both sides. New Orleans dropped 3+ last year while Atlanta gained 3+. The other example was Pittsburgh over Cincinnati. since the Steelers fell 3+ while the Bengals soared all the way from 4 to 10.

This is that list, beginning with the change in victories from 2020 to 2021, and then the spread result:

Patriots 7 to 10…+3 at Miami…L
Bengals 4 to 10…-6.5 vs Pittsburgh…L
Cowboys 6 to 12…+2.5 vs Tampa Bay…L
Eagles 4 to 9…-4 at Detroit…L
Cardinals 8 to 11…+6 vs. Kansas City…L
49ers 6 to 10…-7 at Chicago…L
Falcons 4 to 7…+5.5 vs. New Orleans…W

The opposite side of that cooperated also. The teams that declined 3+ wins from 2020 to 2021 fared very well today. All 4 won their games and only the Saints -- as mentioned -- failed to cover. There is one more entry tomorrow night with the Seahawks:

Steelers 12 to 9…+6.5 at Cincinnati…W
Ravens 11 to 8…-7 at Jets…W
Browns 11 to 8…+2.5 at Panthers…W
Saints 12 to 9…-5.5 at Atlanta…L
Seahawks 12 to 7…+6.5 vs Broncos…

I realize this systematic stuff isn't very popular. Subjectivity is king. It's very useful to me because I can totally ignore the offseason and still know what to expect. I hope some posters take note of some of it. This stuff will continue to work long after my generation is gone.

The 49ers figured to be down this year anyway, after rising from 6 wins in 2020 to 10 wins in 2021. It's very similar to the predicament the Dolphins were in last year.

But it is surreal that an NFL quarterback can be benched after a season with 8.6 YPA, especially in favor of a raw kid with so little to recommend on his college resume.

The bounce trend had an excellent opening weekend. Among the 7 teams that gained 3+ in the win column last season, all of them lost today except the Eagles. They went a combined 1-6 vs. the spread, with the only cover being Atlanta over New Orleans.

That was actually 1 of 2 games in which the bounce pointed in the same direction from both sides. New Orleans dropped 3+ last year while Atlanta gained 3+. The other example was Pittsburgh over Cincinnati. since the Steelers fell 3+ while the Bengals soared all the way from 4 to 10.

This is that list, beginning with the change in victories from 2020 to 2021, and then the spread result:

The opposite side of that cooperated also. The teams that declined 3+ wins from 2020 to 2021 fared very well today. All 4 won their games and only the Saints -- as mentioned -- failed to cover. There is one more entry tomorrow night with the Seahawks:

I realize this systematic stuff isn't very popular. Subjectivity is king. It's very useful to me because I can totally ignore the offseason and still know what to expect. I hope some posters take note of some of it. This stuff will continue to work long after my generation is gone.
While most did figure the Niners to have a down year, some, including NFL.com had them at #3 and in their power rankings behind only Buffalo and the Rams.

Interesting. I mean, week 1 is always goofy, but it's easy to suspect some of that could continue.

49ers boxes themselves in here.

I see some saying they will go to.Jimmy G after 4 or 5 games.

IMO, after the trade last year to get Lance and committing to Lance this year, I feel the 49ers CANT turn to Jimmy G.

If they do, they might as well admit the Lance experiment is over.

The worse decision they made was signing Jimmy G to that deal and not dealing him.

This will create a QB controversy very quickly in SF.

We will ride that controversy all the way to a top 10 pick and Jerry Porter Jr.

Back
Top Bottom