San Francisco opens up as a -10.5 point favorite. To Kaepernick? Zero respect! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Francisco opens up as a -10.5 point favorite. To Kaepernick? Zero respect!

phinmanniac

Rookie
Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh has officially announced Colin Kaepernick as the starter for Sunday. 10.5 points to Colin Kaepernick? Colin Kaepernick? A rookie quarterback who has only started 4 NFL games. We are getting no respect! Have to say I'm a bit shocked.

The cappers have this as the biggest mismatch of the day (tied with DEN/OAK and AZ/SEA). Do we matchup against the 49ers that bad? I think our defense can contain Gore the same way we contained Lynch. Their defense is going to be tough (especially at home), but if we can contain the run it'll be Tannehill vs. Kaepernick. This is a team who just lost to the Rams. Surely we can give them a competitive game?

Anybody agree with that line and see a potential blowout here? I'm just not seeing it.

i for some reason think we pull the upset this week

Come on.

How many points do you honestly think we will score on Sunday? Our offense vs. the niners defense.

Kaepernick is gonna run all over us. I just don't think we'll cope well at all when he starts taking off. He isn't a rookie either btw.

Vegas is trying to get money bet on the Fins which should bring it down. i am curious what the money line is. Regardless, it's the second longest road trip in the NFL against arguably the best defense in the game. The Dolphins historically have struggled on the West Coast so I can fore see at score in the area of 17-6 or even 14-3. Its not a lack of respect but a reality as to the difference in quality of the teams.

Where have you been all year that you think this is somehow unfair? That spread seems about right. Kaepernick isn't a rookie and he's much more dangerous than Alex Smith. BUT we haven't had a major upset this year and every mediocre team should have at least one upset a year. So I can see winning this game though they are a MUCH better team than we are. We got this.

Man...we're priced out the same as the Broncos over the Raiders and the Seahawks over the Cardinals. That's an ouch.

If you think about it, if the game was in Miami, the spread would be like 4.5. I think 10.5 is actually a bit generous.

I don't think the starting QB makes any real sort of impact on the spread....that team is chocked full talent, the least of which is focused on either of their QBs. Gonna be a tough game.

Until we pull it together and stop screwing up the little thing like catching (Bess drops) running (DT fumbling) and throwing (RT in sync with wrs) we are beating ourselves.

PS... I forgot we need to send the officials some holiday spending cash.

Come on.

How many points do you honestly think we will score on Sunday? Our offense vs. the niners defense.

Kaepernick is gonna run all over us. I just don't think we'll cope well at all when he starts taking off. He isn't a rookie either btw.

I guess he's technically not a rookie as he held a clipboard last season (his rookie year). His only 4 starts have come this season however. RT has had 12 starts in comparison.

This will be the worst game of the year. We will generate no offense...possibly being shutout and going against a mobile QB with great offensive design we will not have much of an answer on D. Finally, SF will be angry after losing to Jeff Fisher and the Rams.

Once we turn the page on SF, Jacksonville will end up being a huge game as for the course of this team from the GM to HC to QB and FA's. I am not saying that Joe will be fired or RT kicked to the curb...but a loss to the Jags will kill lots of credibility going into 2013. It would mean a loss to Chad Henne and a talent-depleted roster.

I was killed because I thought Seattle would beat the Fins and simply stated it would be our 4th loss in a row and we would be looking at a six game slide after games with NE and SF. Well, we won and it was a GREAT win.

With that said, after Sunday we will have lost 5 of 6 and have the lowly Jags coming to a sleepy Sun Life Stadium.

These last four games are huge in beyond the team's record. Joe must have some momentum going into the offseason.

I figured it was going to be a wide line. They're pricing in several factors:

1. A bounceback game for the 49ers after an unexpected tough loss to a division rival.
2. A strong home team, the 49ers being 12-3-1 at home since Harbaugh took over.
3. A cross-country trip for a lackluster road team (2-4).

Back
Top Bottom