San Francisco opens up as a -10.5 point favorite. To Kaepernick? Zero respect! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Francisco opens up as a -10.5 point favorite. To Kaepernick? Zero respect!

If we put up 16 points against the Patsies defense...

The 49ers defense is going to rip us apart...

Jim Harbaugh has officially announced Colin Kaepernick as the starter for Sunday. 10.5 points to Colin Kaepernick? Colin Kaepernick? A rookie quarterback who has only started 4 NFL games. We are getting no respect! Have to say I'm a bit shocked.

The cappers have this as the biggest mismatch of the day (tied with DEN/OAK and AZ/SEA). Do we matchup against the 49ers that bad? I think our defense can contain Gore the same way we contained Lynch. Their defense is going to be tough (especially at home), but if we can contain the run it'll be Tannehill vs. Kaepernick. This is a team who just lost to the Rams. Surely we can give them a competitive game?

Anybody agree with that line and see a potential blowout here? I'm just not seeing it.

Remind me what the Dolphins have done to have Vegas show them respect in a game in S.F.

You mean just like the patriots offense was going to light us up?

Posts like this make me think just how dark some of the homer glasses here can be. Have some of you guys seen the 49ers defense? We aren't running the ball against them and I don't see Tannehill becoming Dan Marino in a weeks time

It's a mixture of -10 and -10.5. Most places down to -10. Total is 39 so that's a projection of 24.5 to 14.5.

That's what the power ratings suggested, a spread near 10. Every number is derived from power ratings and home field, not situational influence. That's why it's often successful to use situational influence as a guide toward whether the number is high or low.

Traveling west is not as much of a detriment as the other way. I don't have an angle on this game that jumps out at me. When Smith was the quarterback I was looking at the 49er side, maybe first half. He was averaging 8 yards per attempt and 70% completions. Figured to grind us out. Subjectively I'd prefer to face Kaepernick from a Dolphins' point of view. More dispersion than with Smith. Kaepernick might blow us out or struggle to put up much of anything. Essentially two rookie quarterbacks and giving double digits. That would give me pause. I'd rather take the Eagles and get lucky on a punt return with 30 seconds remaining. That's the way I pull out bets, rescuing ones that rightfully should have been cupcakes. It's a sickening sickening trend, I tell you. I wanted to bet Columbus over Killian big but nobody dealt it.

Money line is basically -550 and +425. I've seen +450. Dolphins, not Columbus.

When looking at the point spread, there is always 7 point given to the oposition because of Jeff ireland..
I think that SF will run all over us. We cannot score more than 20 points a game offensively.
I think we lose 27-9
The only game left that we have a real shot at winning is the Bills game.
I would not touch this game because I never bet on the Fins.

Looong time lurker first time poster... Yes I'm too disappointed with the way this season has turned out. I don't blame Tannehill, I don't blame Philbin or any other of our coaches I blame the talent that our GM has brought to this team. We have big time holes at lots of positions but for this team to beat Seattle and to play with the pats closer than most teams can, we just need some play makers at some KEY positions...we ARE better than a lot of teams in this league people. I live in Fresno ca about three hours from san fran and will be at the game with my bro-in-law and a bunch of dolfans in the season ticket parking lot getting f'd up wearing my Marino jersey and supporting our team! Fins Up!

Looong time lurker first time poster... Yes I'm too disappointed with the way this season has turned out. I don't blame Tannehill, I don't blame Philbin or any other of our coaches I blame the talent that our GM has brought to this team. We have big time holes at lots of positions but for this team to beat Seattle and to play with the pats closer than most teams can, we just need some play makers at some KEY positions...we ARE better than a lot of teams in this league people. I live in Fresno ca about three hours from san fran and will be at the game with my bro-in-law and a bunch of dolfans in the season ticket parking lot getting f'd up wearing my Marino jersey and supporting our team! Fins Up!

Welcome!

When looking at the point spread, there is always 7 point given to the oposition because of Jeff ireland..
I think that SF will run all over us. We cannot score more than 20 points a game offensively.
I think we lose 27-9
The only game left that we have a real shot at winning is the Bills game.
I would not touch this game because I never bet on the Fins.

We better win the Jags game or it will be very dark in Dolphinsville.

Those seem to be contradicting statements; you're blaming the GM for talent that is better than a lot of teams in the league?

I love when someone cries about a betting spread. Shows truly how sensitive some are.

Las Vegas doesn't make a betting line using their heart or faith....notice the line for wins this year...6 I believe? Sounds dead on. They don't have all those pretty hotels being wrong all the time.

Don't like it? Put $$$ on it.

Back
Top Bottom