San Francisco opens up as a -10.5 point favorite. To Kaepernick? Zero respect! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Francisco opens up as a -10.5 point favorite. To Kaepernick? Zero respect!

It's crazy, Kaepernick went to my rival high school from the great town of Turlock, CA. I saw this kid play against my alma mater and now hes playing against my favorite NFL team.

I figured it was going to be a wide line. They're pricing in several factors:

1. A bounceback game for the 49ers after an unexpected tough loss to a division rival.
2. A strong home team, the 49ers being 12-3-1 at home since Harbaugh took over.
3. A cross-country trip for a lackluster road team (2-4).

Exactly. I fail to see why the line is such a shocker.

Why exactly should a team that's working on it's fourth losing season in a row (and sixth losing season out of the last seven) be getting any respect, except for the fact that it hurts the delicate sensibilities of the homers when they don't?

The Dolphins aren't a good team, the 49ers are (even with their second-string QB). Until Miami remedies that disparity, they won't be getting any respect. Nor should they.

I think the spread is too wide and comes down to 9.5 by kickoff. We usually play to the level of our opponents ( except Tenn ). Unless S.F. defense creates turnovers, i think we even have a decent chance of pulling the upset.

were not playoff contenders, we are not worthy of gettin respect yet.

After the way we got our collective asses handed to us by the Titans, nothing should surprise you about the spread against a quality team like SF. For what it's worth, I think we can win this game.

I will be at the game. Flying in from Colorado on Friday. Been expecting a beating for a long time, but I bet we cover this spread.

Man...we're priced out the same as the Broncos over the Raiders and the Seahawks over the Cardinals. That's an ouch.

The talent gap is about right, IMO. Miami vs those other two teams would likely be a +4/+5, assuming they were home games for the Broncos and Seahawks.

With their defense I could QB the 49ers to a win over us.

I would have said the same thing about Miami last week handling the Patriots offense so well, with regards to scoring, yet apparently we couldn't get good enough QB play to hit wide open players so... hell who knows.

If Tannehill/Special Teams/Certain mistake prone players play like they did against NE we are going to lose by 21, easily. I have faith in Hartline being able to shake free, but they will double him with a safety, immediately. It'll be up to Bess and mystery receiver #2 to do it. Hopefully Matthews, their CBs aren't that athletic so we may as well try to use ONE advantage we have over them.

There's zero point trying to use Clay or even activating Egnew, the San Fran LBs will blanket them. Our O-Line is in for some serious punishment if they don't bring 100% of their A game.

10.5 is generous.

i mean, obviously in the nfl as we have seen each week, the most improbable things tend to happen, so we are not a lock to lose.

However, considering we generated zero offense vs the colts in the 2nd half, titans, bills, and pats, not exactly the top notch defenses of the nfl, what makes ppl think we r going to go cross country vs a 49er team that is coming off a tough loss this past week, and just put up points vs them?

10.5 is very generous, considering they also get 3 pts automatically for being the home team. they have everything to play for, we have nothing to play for. it can be ugly. i hope we win but not expecting to

Come on.

How many points do you honestly think we will score on Sunday? Our offense vs. the niners defense.

Kaepernick is gonna run all over us. I just don't think we'll cope well at all when he starts taking off. He isn't a rookie either btw.

What I was gonna say exactly. I'd rather play Alex Smith honestly

We beat the Rams and they didn't. Anything can happen. Kaepernick is no Brady.

Back
Top Bottom