sanchez named starter | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

The question is, will the same excuses come up after this weeks game?

Allow me to clarify: Sanchez sucks, regardless of his height, and regardless of how Clemens (who also sucks) played. I hope that was simple enough for a jet fan to digest. G'night!

OK...well thank you for clearing it up for me. You are saying that Sanchez sucks. But I am here to argue against that point.

1) You're saying he sucks based on what? A pre-season game against the same D that befuddled your starting QB into throwing 4 picks. Now I know that a playoff game is not NEARLY the same as a pre-season game...but neither is Chad Pennington's experience has compared to Sanchez's. Chad in the playoffs throwing 4 INT's (including a pick 6) is worse than Sanchez in his first start in the pre-season throwing 1 INT (which happens to be a pick 6). So if Sanchez sucks then Pennington sucks too right? I mean one bad performance = QB sucks...right? One bad PRE-SEASON performance?

I could go on and produce a litany of bad games that all -time great quarterbacks have had in their careers. But the point is this: As much as Jets fans want to crown Sanchez based on his pre-season performance, they can't. In the same vain, as much as Jets detractors want to say how bad Sanchez is based on his pre-season performance, they can't as well.

I want to know if im alone in thinking that Clemens looked rather good in the ravens game. I know Lewis and co wasnt in there, but he looked very poised. He delivered the ball well but his guys dropped them. I hope they keep Sanchez in there cause that leaves only the patsies for us to worry about. IMO

- Hi Jet's fan here.

You can't have it both ways, y'know. You (and please note when I say 'you', I mean the general public) can't say Clemens looked good against backups but then say, "Sanchez only looked good because Lewis, Reed and co. were not in the game."

Also, someone mentioned in a different post in this thread how Sanchez had to leave the pocket because he can't see the field.

Well...Sanchez is 6'2. Allow me to show you some other 6'2 & under QB's:
Joe Montana (6'2)
Steve Young (6'2)
Drew Brees (6'0)
Steve McNair (6'2)
Brett Favre (6'2)
Bart Starr (6'1)
Fran Tarkenton (6'0)

And if given some leeway...here are some 6'3 Qb's
Jon Elway
Warren Moon
Chad Pennington (doesn't belong in this class of QB's, just wanted to point out the irony)

Now I'm not saying Sanchez is going to be as good as any of those QB's. And I hope I do not get struck lightning for mentioning Sanchez with these QB's. But this is just to show that being 6'2 is not a detriment to being a great QB.

Leon was great but we had leon w/ Chad Pennington 2 years ago and we stunk.

ridiculous comparison. Washington was ok, but a rookie. he was nowhere near the player he is today. your OL started two rookies and didn't have Faneca and Woody.kinda complacent to compare the situation from 2 years ago to now, when you're clearly better all-around now.

This may have been "only" a preseason game.....but you can bet your *** that Baltimore had both chin straps buckled and were coming to send a message to Rex Ryan...

....and that message is that the RAVENS still play in Baltimore...

They blitzed and roughed up Sanchez pretty good....you could tell he was rattled at first especially....(delay of games, etc.)...but he did some good things too that most people don't see....He got his "welcome to the NFL"......but he showed some toughness and didn't fold....

You think that INT to Ngata was bad? lmao.....Go back and look at the one Pennington threw to Suggs in the first matchup last year.....or close your eyes and just pick 1 of the 4 he threw against them in the playoffs...they were all worse....

Kellen Clemens threw the worst pick in that game...that my friends...was a rookie mistake...that shouldn't be coming from a player with 4 years in the system...

Clemens had more interceptions than Sanchez.through out training camp too I believe...

That said...I'd start Clemens...no need to get in a hurry with Sanchez....he's got plenty of time....

I'd showcase Clemens and maybe try to get something for him before the deadline from a team that's thin at quarterback..

Clemens lost any chance at getting that job the second the Jets fired Mangina and hired Ryan. Ryan obviously likes the spotlight and wants to make a big splash, and starting Sanchez will obviously do that. I don't believe that there ever really was a competition IMO, it was just all for show. Clemens got screwed, he should have been given a shot to QB that team.

This is a dangerous comment. While I agree Sanchez can be had due to rookie mistakes, never take the Jets for granted.

Yea Im sure everybody thought our last two games versus Houston were gimmes. Remember how we were going to roll over the raiders in 2007.

What about last year;s game versus Arizona we know we will blow them out.

We beat alot of crappy teams by very close margins last year so I dont think we are so good we can guarantee any victory

Seattle by 2
Oakland by 2
ST L by 4
SF by 5

and KC by 7

I think our chances are good but really too early to assume anything.

OK...well thank you for clearing it up for me. You are saying that Sanchez sucks. But I am here to argue against that point.

1) You're saying he sucks based on what? A pre-season game against the same D that befuddled your starting QB into throwing 4 picks. Now I know that a playoff game is not NEARLY the same as a pre-season game...but neither is Chad Pennington's experience has compared to Sanchez's. Chad in the playoffs throwing 4 INT's (including a pick 6) is worse than Sanchez in his first start in the pre-season throwing 1 INT (which happens to be a pick 6). So if Sanchez sucks then Pennington sucks too right? I mean one bad performance = QB sucks...right? One bad PRE-SEASON performance?

I could go on and produce a litany of bad games that all -time great quarterbacks have had in their careers. But the point is this: As much as Jets fans want to crown Sanchez based on his pre-season performance, they can't. In the same vain, as much as Jets detractors want to say how bad Sanchez is based on his pre-season performance, they can't as well.

1. Pennington played 4 quarters against the Ravens starting D for 4 quarters in a playoff game. Chad doesn't suck. His track record bears that out. Even jet fans know, based on 2009 and the totality of his career that Chad is a very good QB. He certainly does not suck. Therefore, I have successfully rebutted your little analogy that if Sanchez sucks, so does Pennington.

2. Sanchez does suck. The burden does not fall on me to prove it. His performance has proven that. The burden falls on a jet fan, trying to prove that he doesn't suck. There is no evidence to prove he does NOT suck. He threw one good ball when the defender had his back to the line of scrimmage. Congrats! All the commentators say Sanchez has the "it" factor. Big deal. They don't praise his ability to play QB. The jets and the media have been hoodwinked by a very charismatic, yet unprepared QB named Mark Sanchez. He will fail. Just like Vernon Gholston. And Rex Ryan. The jets have a long and storied history of draft busts. Mark Sanchez, welcome to that illustrious club.

1. Pennington played 4 quarters against the Ravens starting D for 4 quarters in a playoff game. Chad doesn't suck. His track record bears that out. Even jet fans know, based on 2009 and the totality of his career that Chad is a very good QB. He certainly does not suck. Therefore, I have successfully rebutted your little analogy that if Sanchez sucks, so does Pennington.

2. Sanchez does suck. The burden does not fall on me to prove it. His performance has proven that. The burden falls on a jet fan, trying to prove that he doesn't suck. There is no evidence to prove he does NOT suck. He threw one good ball when the defender had his back to the line of scrimmage. Congrats! All the commentators say Sanchez has the "it" factor. Big deal. They don't praise his ability to play QB. The jets and the media have been hoodwinked by a very charismatic, yet unprepared QB named Mark Sanchez. He will fail. Just like Vernon Gholston. And Rex Ryan. The jets have a long and storied history of draft busts. Mark Sanchez, welcome to that illustrious club.

way too early to deem that SAnchez sucks. He has played two nfl preseason games. I mean I know Pat White is already a future hall of famer that will change the game forever but two games is a little early.

Love all the excuses Junc.. :rolleyes2: We both watched the same game.. Had it been a regular season game Sanchez would have seen Lewis, Suggs, Gnati, and Reed all game and would have been pulled before the game ended.. His stats before Lewis and Reed were taken out of the game were simply horrendous, and would have been worse had it not been for Leon Washington... and even a Jets fan (who isnt named Adam Schein) could see that. Baltimore defense could have easily had 21 points by themselves going into the 4th quarter due to QB play.

Yeah and that might be true but he's a rookie QB. Its ok if the Ravens go out there and make him look really bad. Eli Manning in his rookie year against Baltimore had maybe the worst NFL game of his career. There a great defense and they feast on young inexperienced QB's which is what Sanchez is.

way too early to deem that SAnchez sucks. He has played two nfl preseason games. I mean I know Pat White is already a future hall of famer that will change the game forever but two games is a little early.

You're right! At this point there's no difference between Sanchez and White except 2inches in height and White's more impressive body of work in the NCAA. Too premature.

Its never too early to claim that a first-round pick for the jets sucks.

2008 - Vernon Gholston - BUST - Was inactive most of last season cause he sucks.
2007 - Darelle Revis - Their one good pick. Excellent player. Give em their due.
2006 - D'BUSTashaw Ferguson - BUST - not worth the #4 overall pick. Gives up double-digit sacks annually.
2005 - Mike Nugent (their first pick was a second rounder) - A kicker?????
2004 - Vilma - Solid player who got cut within 3 years.
2003 - Dewayne Robertson - BUST - This guy sucked. Bonus points for trading 2 first round picks to get him. DOUBLE-BUST-O-LA!
2002 - Bryan Thomas - BUST - A DE with 23 sacks in 7 seasons!
2001 - Santana Moss - Good player.
2000- Ellis, Abraham, & Pennington - Excellent draft. Thank Mr. Parcells

And none of those guys are in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Yeah and that might be true but he's a rookie QB. Its ok if the Ravens go out there and make him look really bad. Eli Manning in his rookie year against Baltimore had maybe the worst NFL game of his career. There a great defense and they feast on young inexperienced QB's which is what Sanchez is.
I'm sure most of the posters in this thread are pretty well versed in NFL history and are well aware of this. They're just getting as many shots as they can in now because they're scared the next great QB could be on the Jets. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

:chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom