sanchez named starter | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

This may have been "only" a preseason game.....but you can bet your *** that Baltimore had both chin straps buckled and were coming to send a message to Rex Ryan...

....and that message is that the RAVENS still play in Baltimore...

They blitzed and roughed up Sanchez pretty good....you could tell he was rattled at first especially....(delay of games, etc.)...but he did some good things too that most people don't see....He got his "welcome to the NFL"......but he showed some toughness and didn't fold....

You think that INT to Ngata was bad? lmao.....Go back and look at the one Pennington threw to Suggs in the first matchup last year.....or close your eyes and just pick 1 of the 4 he threw against them in the playoffs...they were all worse....

Kellen Clemens threw the worst pick in that game...that my friends...was a rookie mistake...that shouldn't be coming from a player with 4 years in the system...

Clemens had more interceptions than Sanchez.through out training camp too I believe...

That said...I'd start Clemens...no need to get in a hurry with Sanchez....he's got plenty of time....

I'd showcase Clemens and maybe try to get something for him before the deadline from a team that's thin at quarterback..

Agreed. Especially about starting Clemens. I definitley would have let him start the season and slowly began to work Sanchez into the starting role.

OK, we almost swept you w/ Brett Favre.

Huh? We almost swept you. (week one our QB had 1 month of experience in our system) Bret Favre is a hall of famer. Point? You never looked like the better team either week. Game one was luck all the way. Remember that lob pass by Bret? That would only happen against Miami in a Jets/Miami game.

Jets are going down the tubes. Jets have always been and always will be a pathetic franchise.

We were jelled in week 1? Come on, stop w/ the excuses. You got lucky that first game was close. That play happened in the 2nd qtr, you had more than half the game to overcome it but couldn't.

I don't need to convince myself of anything, 17-5 does that for me.

331-401-8
All time Jets record. Jets are a pathetic franchise.

Sanchez performed at a sufficent level against the Ravens to win the job. He did not panic. He made a good throw for the touchdown. He performed well in his first preseason game. I think we should wait until he plays a real game before saying he sucks.

Chris

Sanchez performed at a sufficent level against the Ravens to win the job. He did not panic. He made a good throw for the touchdown. He performed well in his first preseason game. I think we should wait until he plays a real game before saying he sucks.

Chris

I dont even think jets homers think he performed "well". He didn't crap in his pants and threw one good ball. Anyone with eyeballs would conclude he stunk up the joint!

well players improve as they become vets it happens, washington has been featured alot more now because he has improved as a player. so dont imply that leon is a better player because of sanchez of because chad is not the QB anymore. chad seems to be using ronnie and cobbs very well as recievers out of the back field

Where did I imply Leon is better b/c of Sanchez?

so in all seriousness, what is considered a successful season for Mark and Rex??

Since their fates are tied together.

For me a successful season means Sanchez developing and beginning to get it by the end of the year. Whether than means 6-10, 7-9 or whatever I don't know.

I think if Sanchez protects the football and avoids bad TOs like the other night we'll have a chance to be a playoff contender b/c we'll run it well, play good D and we have good STs.

Love all the excuses Junc.. :rolleyes2: We both watched the same game.. Had it been a regular season game Sanchez would have seen Lewis, Suggs, Gnati, and Reed all game and would have been pulled before the game ended.. His stats before Lewis and Reed were taken out of the game were simply horrendous, and would have been worse had it not been for Leon Washington... and even a Jets fan (who isnt named Adam Schein) could see that. Baltimore defense could have easily had 21 points by themselves going into the 4th quarter due to QB play.

Had it been a regular season game we'd have had a much different gameplan. The bottom line it's a preseason game and his first start ever.

Adam Schein became a Jet fan? When did this happen?

The question is, will the same excuses come up after this weeks game?

The question is if he plays well will it be brought up on this board or ignored like the Ram game?

ridiculous comparison. Washington was ok, but a rookie. he was nowhere near the player he is today. your OL started two rookies and didn't have Faneca and Woody.kinda complacent to compare the situation from 2 years ago to now, when you're clearly better all-around now.

Leon was a 2nd year player in 2007 and already establisdhed as a big time weapon.

Obviously our Ol is much better now but leon still averaged 4.4 YPC

Pennington is a lot younger than Favre and didn't just come out of retirement....

The dolphins were about to start a rookie QB when Pennington came availible....

This is comparing apples to oranges...

The FO had to know that Favre was a 1 yr guy....leaving the cupboard bare at the QB position....

You still picked up a quality vet late so using your logic it must have been for a Super Bowl run?

and this convinces me that when all is said and done, the pond scum invariably finds its way back to the bottom
2dv4whj-1.jpg

The 70s and 80s have been over for a long time. Please come into this Century.

The Jets will not make the playoffs.....book it.

IMO, they get swept by the pats, at best split with us, though I think they'll get swept, and probably split with the Bills....thats 4 losses at a minimum within the division.

I don't expect playoffs this year.

LOL. NYJunc's insults come down to "almost" beating us. Give it a break.

You do realize we have dominated you gius for over a decade, right?

Its never too early to claim that a first-round pick for the jets sucks.

2008 - Vernon Gholston - BUST - Was inactive most of last season cause he sucks.
2007 - Darelle Revis - Their one good pick. Excellent player. Give em their due.
2006 - D'BUSTashaw Ferguson - BUST - not worth the #4 overall pick. Gives up double-digit sacks annually.
2005 - Mike Nugent (their first pick was a second rounder) - A kicker?????
2004 - Vilma - Solid player who got cut within 3 years.
2003 - Dewayne Robertson - BUST - This guy sucked. Bonus points for trading 2 first round picks to get him. DOUBLE-BUST-O-LA!
2002 - Bryan Thomas - BUST - A DE with 23 sacks in 7 seasons!
2001 - Santana Moss - Good player.
2000- Ellis, Abraham, & Pennington - Excellent draft. Thank Mr. Parcells

And none of those guys are in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Those are all good 1st rd picks w/ the exception of Gholston as of now. Brick is a very good LT, revis is an elite corner, Vilma was shipped out to due a change in scheme, Thomas is a good LB, Moss a very good WR.

Parcells didn't draft those guys in 2000- Al groh did which is why we had our first good draft in 4 years. if you want to see Bp's drafts eee the awful 1997-1999 drafts for us.

Huh? We almost swept you. (week one our QB had 1 month of experience in our system) Bret Favre is a hall of famer. Point? You never looked like the better team either week. Game one was luck all the way. Remember that lob pass by Bret? That would only happen against Miami in a Jets/Miami game.

Jets are going down the tubes. Jets have always been and always will be a pathetic franchise.

How much time did favre have w/ our system? At least Chad had played in Henning's O while Favre was playing in a new system for the first time in 15 years.

That lob pass isn't needed if you guys didn't have the good luck of watching our K get hurt and also don't forget favre turned it over deep in your territory. That game wasn't nearly as close as the final score.

331-401-8
All time Jets record. Jets are a pathetic franchise.

SB Titles:

Miami 2
NY Jets 1

Not much difference

Yeah and teams thought we were gonna be an easy win on their schedule last year, so bit your tongue. It's not a win until the clock reads 0:00. The Jets 'D' is no joke and that can keep you in any game.

By the way I hate you for making me defend the F-ing Jets!

I am with you on your observation. You can bet Ryan will have that defense for the jets ready to play. If Rex is like his Daddy the offense will be mediocre and the defense play lights out. Now to our advantage is that we have 1 year under our belt while the Jets are just getting started plus our defense appears to be pretty stout also so our edge should be our offense. I will not like playing the Jets under Rex as a head coach because both he and his Daddy have a reputation of playing dirty teaching their players to physically attempt to hurt an opposing player if possible. They like to intimidate the opponent and use that as their edge. Beating the Jets "both" time will go a long way to determining our season.

We picked up a vet who was released. Didn't trade future picks for him. Big difference there.

We were also in complete rebuild mode and needed a care-taker, the Jets had just spent 100+ mill on FA's....

I think Sanchez's success will hinge mainly on how Dustin Keller performs in the regular season. The Jets offense is very unproven outside of Thomas Jones and Leon Washington (the one guy on their offense that scares the hell out of me). Guys like CHansi Stuckey, David Clowney, and Brad Smith have talent and could be good starters alongside Jericho Cotchery, but they are being asked to play in roles that they aren't used to. If Schotty Jr is creative with playcalling, that can help Sanchez really early.

The Jets will be in games cause of their defense, and running game. BUt I don't expect Sanchez to be like Matt Ryan (Big Ben and Joe Flacco were not given an open playbook like Matty Ice) at the same time, I don't expect him to be a complete disaster. I think realistic expectations for him is about 15-18 TDs, and around the same INTs.

I dont even think jets homers think he performed "well". He didn't crap in his pants and threw one good ball. Anyone with eyeballs would conclude he stunk up the joint!

- Hi. Jets fan here

He didn't perform well at first, but did rebound after he calmed his nerves. How good is a rookie making his first start supposed to be? Against the Ravens D? And, although it was a pre-season game, the atmosphere, the intensity, and the blitzes were anything but.

Now, to be fair, the 2 delay of game penalties and the fumble are inexcusable. He needs to tighten those things up.

As for the poster that said he only completed a pass was because his back was turned and the defender was confused: That is what he is supposed to do; he has to take advantage of a teams' mistakes and miscommunication. He recognized it right off the bat, evaded the pressure, set his feet, and delivered a perfect strike. That is some veteran savvy.

I guess you're gonna say, "Yea, but all QB's have to do that to make it in this league, that was nothing special." For a rookie in his first NFL (pre-season) start it was.

You still picked up a quality vet late so using your logic it must have been for a Super Bowl run?

The 70s and 80s have been over for a long time. Please come into this Century.

I don't expect playoffs this year.

You do realize we have dominated you gius for over a decade, right?

Those are all good 1st rd picks w/ the exception of Gholston as of now. Brick is a very good LT, revis is an elite corner, Vilma was shipped out to due a change in scheme, Thomas is a good LB, Moss a very good WR.

Parcells didn't draft those guys in 2000- Al groh did which is why we had our first good draft in 4 years. if you want to see Bp's drafts eee the awful 1997-1999 drafts for us.

How much time did favre have w/ our system? At least Chad had played in Henning's O while Favre was playing in a new system for the first time in 15 years.

That lob pass isn't needed if you guys didn't have the good luck of watching our K get hurt and also don't forget favre turned it over deep in your territory. That game wasn't nearly as close as the final score.

SB Titles:

Miami 2
NY Jets 1

Not much difference

I'll admit your first remark was a good point.
The second not so much.

2:1 - If my math serves me correctly that's 2X.

Miami overall record:
380-272-4

Jets:
331-401-8

Jets do have the head to head nod with a 46-40-1, but it is hardly a big differential. Almost any way you look at it, the Jets have stunk. Come on, you're a Jets fan you can admit it.

This is a pointless argument. Just a matter of opinion at this point, until some games are played.

My opinion, if we lose the the jets, it will be a disappointment. They are a team I think we should be able to beat. Again, that's JMO.

This is a pointless argument. Just a matter of opinion at this point, until some games are played.

My opinion, if we lose the the jets, it will be a disappointment. They are a team I think we should be able to beat. Again, that's JMO.

Yes, but the Jets "own" us... they used to beat us all the time in the late '90's and early 2000's... surely that's relevant as to how things will play out this year. :crazy:

I'll admit your first remark was a good point.
The second not so much.

2:1 - If my math serves me correctly that's 2X.

Miami overall record:
380-272-4

Jets:
331-401-8

Jets do have the head to head nod with a 46-40-1, but it is hardly a big differential. Almost any way you look at it, the Jets have stunk. Come on, you're a Jets fan you can admit it.

If we get lucky and win one we'll tie you, it's not like you have 8 and we have 4.

Miami has a better overall history but the bottom line is you have just one more SB Title and we have dominated you the last 11 seasons and we have been the better team this decade.

Yes, but the Jets "own" us... they used to beat us all the time in the late '90's and early 2000's... surely that's relevant as to how things will play out this year. :crazy:

You do realize we have dominated recently as well too, right? Since 2004 we are 8-2, prior to the week 17 loss to you we had won 5 straight.

Back
Top Bottom