Saquon Barkley - The Next Ladainian Tomlinson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saquon Barkley - The Next Ladainian Tomlinson

If they want him they have to go up and get him. I think he could be sitting there at #5 when Denver is on the board. What if they offered James and picks?

On the contrary, I have been predicting all along that he will indeed slide and we will draft him.

I hate this idea.

He is nowhere near the star some of you think he is.

He will be Ronnie Brown part 2.

Yes, he can do it all, but he isn't bound for the HOF like you some of you think. That guy is Vita Vea, and I'm afraid the Dolphins will be drafting the wrong player as usual this spring.

I can critique any player. I would like to see Barkley run a little harder between the tackles, but outside of that there isn't much to critique in his game. IMO Barkley is the real deal at RB. Comparisons to Tomlinson are no far fetched.

Count me down as a no for a trade up to 5 for a RB. If you trade to 5 you better be getting a QB or major defensive player, the ones that cost big dollars in FA for example.

I can get behind the idea of trading up for a rb but the guy better be Ricky Williams

not a chance he is there at 11 and there is NO WAY they would trade up for a RB

I will say this, I think 5 years from now he won't even be the best running back in this draft. This is by far one of the deepest running back draft classes in recent memory. I don't know who will be better than him but there are a ton of options that could surpass him. Personally, I would just use a mid round pick on Ballage out of Arizona State. 3 down backs simply aren't a necessity in today's NFL.

So he's going to be one of the greatest TD scorers at his position? Thats lofty expectations that will likely never be reached in a passing league.

Tomlinson has elite vision and feel, two areas Barkley struggles. Barkley is still worth a high pick, but not because his game is similar to Tomlinson.

Barkley is probably the most over hyped draft prospect of our lifetime. The guy is good, but not that good...... For comparison he didn't put up the numbers that Dalvin Cook did, and the Big 10 is trash...... Also take a look what he does in big games....... Don't take my word for it, look these things up, and I guarantee your opinion will change!

Put together a top ten players without listing quarterbacks and this running back and you have an idea of what the top ten draft order should be. None of the quarterbacks are can’t miss type and in most years a Josh Allen or Sam Darnold could be had at eighteen or so. I don’t even think Cleveland will take one. Even a sure thing running back can be had in the second round any year. They have hyped up the quarterbacks and this one running back, but it’s not really a great draft in some ways. Excellent draft for depth and quality guys to flesh out a roster in my opinion.

I like Barkley a lot any wouldn't mind drafting him at 11. But RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. And we have a good RB in Drake already who can be dynamic. So I would be upset if we traded up for Barkley. Look at teams who have won superbowls in recent years and most of them did not have bell cow RBs. Tomlinson was one of favorite RBs and he never got a ring. We need a complete roster to win a superbowl. RBs can be had later. See David Johnson, L. Bell, and A. Kamara

Back
Top Bottom