Saturday Open Practice Tweets Here! | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saturday Open Practice Tweets Here!

I remember there were tweets, several years ago, regarding Skylar Thompson. I don't remember exactly who was tweeting about his upside potential. I believe it might have been CK. But Skylar has shown so much more, than a 7th round pick might be expected to. Great find by the F/O. Kids got some spunk.

I caught parts of K State games in 2020 & '21. It seemed like Skylar would have a decent game then 2 mediocre ones where he'd try to do too much

Could it be coaching, perhaps?
Interesting question there. While the previous HC was truly a prick who had zero ppl skills, he did know his chit defensively. Look no farther than a guy like Needham as an example.

It may boil down to coaching style, or maybe the simple fact that, as many have pointed out, Iggy was a high upside project from the start. He was drafted very young and hadn't even played much corner at the collegiate level. My guess is a combination of both. A coach can be an expert in the Xs and Os, but that doesn't mean he is good at adjusting his teaching methods to the individual player.

Skylar Thomson last man on the field throwing in the run from both sides

Tyreek hill on the jugs, gets as close to a foot away catching

Summary is this dude Skylar Thompson might be our future backup as soon as next year

EZ flashed hard in that great throw

Tanner Connor made another catch

Hill And waddle we’re uncoverable

Don’t know anything about the backs or the oline or the defense

Interesting question there. While the previous HC was truly a prick who had zero ppl skills, he did know his chit defensively. Look no farther than a guy like Needham as an example.

It may boil down to coaching style, or maybe the simple fact that, as many have pointed out, Iggy was a high upside project from the start. He was drafted very young and hadn't even played much corner at the collegiate level. My guess is a combination of both. A coach can be an expert in the Xs and Os, but that doesn't mean he is good at adjusting his teaching methods to the individual player.

I recall the MNF game against putzburgh in Flo's 1st yr. Needham looked awful.

His development was amazing. So, it just may be style.

p.s. It seems that Madison's & Surtain's methods have connected w/ Iggy?

I've been encouraged by the reports regarding AJ. There was that "flash" play with the pancake yesterday, but I'm more excited about reports of him hitting his landmarks and anchoring well much more consistently. I don't think it should be a huge surprise since this system fits his strengths, but development is never a guarantee. It sounds like AJ is raising his "floor". OL play is more about consistency than flash. You can be great on 57 plays in a game, but you sh*t the bed on three and give up three sacks and you had a bad game. There aren't many jobs where you can be great 95% of the time and still be considered bad at your job.

IMO our OL is facing some very good pass rushers. The Dolphins were tied for 5th last year in the NFL in sacks and I believe that with JP's development and the addition of Ingram we're better now. (Not to mention that last year we played pretty vanilla for half of the season. I suspect we would have lead the league in sacks if we'd had that second half of the year defense all season). Our defense should be expected to get some wins. But there have been reports by several different people that AJ is looking respectable. He may continue to develop (hopefully he does) and become a very good T, but if he is just respectable this season then I'm optimistic about how much better our OL will be over last season (where Davis and Eich were easily the worst T duo in the league).

Back
Top Bottom