Say no to Flynn! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say no to Flynn!

This is where you are wrong. You don't run a coach's offense because his 50 year old a$$ is'nt on the field. A good coach runs the player's offense. Just look at the changes Denver made!
Bad analogy. Philbin would know if he has the it factor and other tangible measurables. it doesnt hurt Philbins offense is Flyns. I will stick with Philbin on this.

Philbin knows Flynn
Sherman knows Tannehill
I think we get one of those guys.
Osweiler in the middle rounds would be a good project too.

I think we should stick with Matt Moore. I don't see that much difference between him and Flynn. Manning is not going to play again and Luck and Griffin are out of reach. Surround Moore with a better supporting cast and I think he can flourish. The man was ballin at times last season....

Maybe...but why did they pass on him for the first 6 rounds?

Maybe they felt he had a good skill set that needed to be developed to become an NFL Qback, and since they were happy with Rodgers and he wouldn't obviously come right in and start, felt they had the time to do it. Just thinking

Were in a good situation with Flynn. Philbin has the inside knowledge of this guy and he should know if just had a few good games or if he can be a franchise QB. If we go after Flynn then we will know what Philbin thinks of him.

Philbin has allot riding on that decision, so if the Phins go after him, we should be pretty confident in his abilities and potential.

Don't agree. If MOORE had GB's O-Line and weapons, I'm CERTAIN that his record would have been 10-2, w/a shot at 11-1, and that HENNE would have had at least 1 "W" (maybe 2). This team is A LOT more talented than some of you say. "Football people" (not fans or media) were saying that MIAMI had become the kind of team you DON'T want to play. Even w/o GB's O-Line and weapons, it took a miraculous performance by TOMMY BOY to beat us by 3, in his house. Take an honest look at the DALLAS, GIANTS, DENVER, and N.E. II games, as well as CLEVELAND. JUST BY ELIMINATING COLUMBO, those games are all "W"s, regardless of how late MIAMI's "D" began to "gel"...and regardless of anything else, really.

FLYNN benefitted from being in GB. He had Coaches w/a 21st Century mindset on "O". He also had a topshelf O-Line and "weapons" galore. And he DIDN'T have COLUMBO and CAREY guarding his right flank. I've posed a simple pair of questions here on a couple of occasions, that none of you apparently wants to consider. Simply put, how do you think FLYNN would have developed, and done when the time came, if he was here in MIAMI, and was stuck w/PARCELLSBALL, had coaching like SPARANO/HENNING/PARCELLS to deal with, had MIAMI's "weapons", and had an Albatross like COLUMBO/CAREY hanging around his neck? Once you've considered THAT, tell me how you think MOORE would have done in GB?

Blame should be placed where it belongs...not on the "Scapegoat of the Week". Only lamebrains do that!

LIKE! Perfectly explained and I agree 100%

I woudld instead focus on getting another pass rush DE or OLB in the the first round and possibly Tannehill, or Weeden in the second round because I am sure they will be available.

Great idea, another second round pick wasted on a QB that doesn't amount to anything. I've seen enough of Matt Flynn to take a chance on him over these other choices. Will Flynn work out, who knows for sure. But i think he gives us the best chance right now, especially coming to a system that he already knows.

I think we should stick with Matt Moore. I don't see that much difference between him and Flynn. Manning is not going to play again and Luck and Griffin are out of reach. Surround Moore with a better supporting cast and I think he can flourish. The man was ballin at times last season....
Unfortunately, that is part of the problem with Moore...especially in the 4th quarter.

Moore throws the ball down the field. Flynn is not accurate over 15_20 yards. Can someone show me a clip of flynn throwing the deep ball accurately? this was also the difference between Henne and Moore ifyou guys didn't notice.

I say you sign Flynn and draft tannehill or Wedden anyway.....then you truly have a good QB situation with Flynn, Moore, tannehill or Wedden!

I think we sign Flynn or draft Tannehill.
I am not too high in Tannehill because he is basically in the same mold as Matt Moore ot Matt Flynn.
Again, I am on the Osweiler bandwagon. He is tall(6'7") NFL size, quick release, cannon arm, intelligent, reads defenses good, decent mobility. He needs some work on his mechanics and footwork. He is in the Rothlesberger mold. He needs a couple of seasons to groom.
Signing Flynn to compete with Moore will give us 2 decent starters now for the 2012 season. Drafting Osweiler will give us a future project that will compete for the job in 2-3 years. We will not get a star QB this year. We will have to groom him.
Just my .02

I have been watching video all day of our QB possibilities for next year. Matt Flynn did a good job replacing Rodgers when he needed to. However I do not think he is our man. The video I watched made me feel like he was taking advantage of the talent in GB instead of making it better. I would pass on Flynn because i don't think he is our best option, and he will be one of the biggest name free agents which means...... thats's right, bye bye cap space.
I woudld instead focus on getting another pass rush DE or OLB in the the first round and possibly Tannehill, or Weeden in the second round because I am sure they will be available. Both Tannehill and weededn make all the throws. Weeden is an amazing passer and seems to have the maturity of a top notch signal caller. Tannehill is also pretty good athletically, but I would worry that he doesn't show the killer QB instinct on the field all the time.
Last but not least, sign Matt Moore to a three or four year contract to allow for some friendly competition. Matt Moore did a very good job for us last year and i feel he is better than some QB's that were actually in the playoffs (ex. Flacco)

Weeden (Top realistic choice in the draft)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpkLIET5uvA

Tannehill(second choice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x1D-w9zG1M&feature=related

Matt Flynn(no thanks)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C8F0cWvAfo

Dolphins with Moore at the helm(must sign Moore)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRC4fGlL6L0

Wow! You can tell all that from watching the film on 2 career starts?

Back
Top Bottom