Schad: Like Adam Gase, No, I Haven't Seen Enough Ryan Tannehill | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Like Adam Gase, No, I Haven't Seen Enough Ryan Tannehill

Cherry pick him upwards.

can any of the statistical types check this for me: has there been a no 1 qb draft pick who played in the league at least 7 years that never saw a single playoff game?

Tannehill has completed 6 seasons in the NFL, not 7 (and he missed one of those due to injury).

At the end of his 6th year in the NFL, Alex Smith had not appeared in a playoff game and had a record of 19-31. He had also missed a full season due to injury.

I said Tannehill is "great" where, exactly. This is another defense of people losing arguments, throwing up the straw man.......

LOL, I will give you one thing you are entertaining, still waiting for that list of 24 other starting QB's you think he's better than, I don't mind having a debate on that come on, serve them up.

LOL, I will give you one thing you are entertaining, still waiting for that list of 24 other starting QB's you think he's better than, I don't mind having a debate on that come on, serve them up.

Pointless and you know it. You're just avoiding the fact that Tannehill led the 12th most efficient passing offense in 2016 and, of course, the 2016 Miami Dolphins were 6th in the NFL in Net Pass Yards Per Attempt.

Tannehill has completed 6 seasons in the NFL, not 7 (and he missed one of those due to injury).

At the end of his 6th year in the NFL, Alex Smith had not appeared in a playoff game and had a record of 19-31. He had also missed a full season due to injury.

That's it folks, conclusive proof we are all wrong and our upstate NY guy here is right, close this thread and lock all other threads on Tannehill, debate is over, we just need to stop expecting instant gratification we are only into year 7 ffs.

Pointless and you know it. You're just avoiding the fact that Tannehill led the 12th most efficient passing offense in 2016 and, of course, the 2016 Miami Dolphins were 6th in the NFL in Net Pass Yards Per Attempt.

So you can't answer that, Ok that's fine.

if we had made the playoffs last year I would have credited RT since he was under contract and still a member-in absentia- of the Dolphins, just so you know Im actually giving him a break so the 7 stays.

That's it folks, conclusive proof we are all wrong and our upstate NY guy here is right, close this thread and lock all other threads on Tannehill, debate is over, we just need to stop expecting instant gratification we are only into year 7 ffs.

get ready to retire his number.

Why do you hate facts so much? He asked a question. I answered it. Why the nonsensical reply. I can only assume that the facts go against your bias and you don't like it.

The sad thing is we may never see Ryan realize his full potential because of the crap he's had to play with since he's come into the league.

Ryan has elite skills but may have been ruined by coaching and bad teams. The organization has really held him back and he deserves better.

He's been beat up and even pissed blood for theteam.

if we had made the playoffs last year I would have credited RT since he was under contract and still a member-in absentia- of the Dolphins, just so you know Im actually giving him a break so the 7 stays.

LOL........ math challenged? Count them up for me:

Now, I'm arguing with people who cannot count to 6. Jesus.......

Right, but having a QB making 25M+ makes it more difficult to build a good team around the QB. Unless you have an elite QB, who can compensate for deficiencies elsewhere, you're better off trying to win with a QB on a rookie contract. Of course, if you can't identify good players, it doesn't matter either way.
While I agree with your premise, it think you have to look at it on a bigger scale. It all goes back to your avg payscale post you made a couple of months backs( Not sure where exactly, but Im 100% you're the one who posted it).

That list of position and their avg salary is where it all starts. In a perfect world, you'd like to have positions at the top of the list playing on rookie contracts. QBs, DEs and DBs IIRC. This is where you get the most bang for your buck. Problem is QB is much harder to hit on because they rely the most on their surrondings for production, as opposed to DEs and DBs who are much more likely to provide results based on their skills regardless of their peers. In other words, they are often left on an island.

Anyhow, I dont see Tannehill's contract as a problem *right now*, because Fins simply havent been able to draft players that should get big 2nd contracts... X. Howard, and Fitz might change that but even then, paying a QB 25M per shouldnt prevent you from signing them. That figure has pretty much become league average, which is pretty much what Tannehill gives you pruduction wise.

Keep building the team through the draft, hit on high value position players, all the while looking for your QB, once you identify him, then you make your move... Fins are simply not at the point where better QB play makes them a contender, so whats the rush here?

So you can't answer that, Ok that's fine.

Ignoring the injury concern, here are 21 QBs that I think are worse or no better than Tannehill.

Josh Rosen
Joe Flacco
Josh Allen
Cam Newton
Mitchell Trubisky
Andy Dalton
Baker Mayfield
Dak Prescott
Case Keenum
Matthew Stafford
Deshaun Watson
Blake Bortles
Kirk Cousins
Eli Manning
Sam Darnold
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garoppolo
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Alex Smith
Phillip Rivers

The sad thing is we may never see Ryan realize his full potential because of the crap he's had to play with since he's come into the league.

Ryan has elite skills but may have been ruined by coaching and bad teams. The organization has really held him back and he deserves better.

He's been beat up and even pissed blood for theteam.
How about if this is Tannehill's full potential?

What if other QB's IN HIS SAME DRAFT took the hand that Tannehill has been dealt and won with it...consistently?

Tannehill is what he is...an average starter who could actually be a reliable back-up. His games screams "BACK-UP". Good for three games...suck for 4 games...play the Bills and have a good game....next week the Ravens CRUSH him.

LOL........ math challenged? Count them up for me:

Now, I'm arguing with people who cannot count to 6. Jesus.......

This is as dumb as the first lady being called out for spending $95,000 for spending a night at a hotel and they are upset because she did not spend the night just a few hours during the day. When it is obvious as day the problem is spending 95k at a hotel.

Back
Top Bottom