Schad: Why Richard & Flores Are Good Fits (indirectly Rips Gase) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Why Richard & Flores Are Good Fits (indirectly Rips Gase)

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...d-miami-dolphins-are-good-fits-for-each-other
excerpted:
If the Dolphins hire Kris Richard or Brian Flores as their next coach, it won’t be because they’re defensive gurus, secondary or linebacker whisperers or play-calling geniuses.

It will be because general manager Chris Grier and owner Stephen Ross believe Richard or Flores is the best coach to teach players and lead the entire organization.

The Dolphins need a coach. They don’t need another person to recommend or sign off on free agent or draft acquisitions. They don’t need a glorified coordinator who speaks about the other side of the ball with disconnect. They need a head football coach with a balance of skills who delivers big-picture confidence.

And in a day in which the league-wide trend has shifted toward young, charismatic offensive play-callers, we can get on board with going against the grain. Trying something different, after years of mediocrity and failure, is more inspiring than frightening.

Ross will not be outspent on free agents, when the time comes to strike (unlikely this summer). Ross has gone into his own pockets to make Hard Rock Stadium a world-class facility. There is a brand-new practice facility in Miami Gardens on the way.

But this truly isn’t about improving one side of the ball. It’s not about fixing any one player, such as quarterback. It’s about fixing what’s wrong with the entire team. It’s about connecting with the entire team, while also holding individuals accountable. It’s about being a leader and a teacher. And bringing solutions, not excuses.

The Dolphins need a head football coach. Not a play-calling genius. Not a guru. Not a whisperer.
They need a man to lead men and Richard or Flores would do it well.

burn-meme.jpg

To me, this is the reason experience playing at a high level and prior head coaching experience was key. It doesn’t look like we’re getting prior head coaching experience, but at least with Richard, we get someone who can relate to players and be able to say “hey, I’ve done this before”.

Certainly cannot argue at all with the core premise...

Bottom line -- Chris Grier's career is at least partially on the line

so I'd like to assume he's not gonna make any choice he's not sold on.

If either one can build the staff and the team the wins will follow...

I think it's a selling point for young guns that no one is expecting

1 and done playoff appearances and/or short term window dressing

solutions. That said, it's an ideal situation for a up and coming lion!

Just get in the godamn end zone. It's 2019, it's not that ****ing complicated.

In fairness, it's always been about TDs. But...

You mean you don't like to see third down and a foot to go and rather than sneaking the ball forward, trying to "trick" the opponent with a drop back in the pocket, resulting in a sack, fumble and no points?

Teaching and leadership...I'd love to see those attributes in a coach. Also, as I've alluded above, I'd love to see a coach that can distinguish between the times to be deceptive and the times to just run the obvious play(s) because it works. You don't always have to be deceptive, you just have to teach execution.

I like the Tampa and Jets marriages more than what either of these candidates will bring. Time will tell!

Really like Arians/Bowles

Back
Top Bottom