Schad: Why Richard & Flores Are Good Fits (indirectly Rips Gase)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vaark, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Anvil35

Anvil35 Leave Users Titles Alone!! Finheaven VIP Donator

Honestly, I think either will be effective! They seem like alpha males in things I have read and watched.

2. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Flores seems more cornball than Richard though. Not sure if guys would respond to that down here. There are too many distractions and the element of escapism down here. You need a firey coach to combat that. Gase lost the locker room because he sounds like a broken trombone always complaining instead of holding people accountable.

Honestly, either would be fine with me but I feel like Richard has more of that fear factor and would whip his coaches into shape too. We haven't had a coach that can **** with players since Don Shula. I've always gotten a misbehaving children and out of control teacher vibe from this team for the past decade. Team needs a drill instructor lol.

Dolphins81 likes this.
  3. Jay131866

Jay131866 Scout Team

Flores is being compared to Todd Bowles personality wise...no thanks. So that will most likely be the next coach :(

artdnj and Dolphins81 like this.
  4. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Just said the same thing in another thread, exactly my feelings.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Daytona Fin likes this.
  5. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Embrace the Fish TANK!!!! Finheaven VIP

Absolutely! In the military, we learned that fear is the best motivator. Someone in your face! Plus, Richard looks like a guy who leads by example. He’s in the field during practice running with those guys. Man, I never had a coach do that but would have loved it.

6. NJ Dolphan

NJ Dolphan Rookie Finheaven VIP

Seems to me that the plan is to get someone that's easily disposable if the planned tank next year or the year after succeeds at which point it'll be Jim Harbaugh. That's probably why the job is so unattractive right now and if I liked to bet I would take nice odds on Rizzi.

You're seeing something similar in Cincinatti.

7. OhJesus

OhJesus My team makes me drink Finheaven VIP

Reading this article, I think it's clear that between the two, Richard is the guy. He's aggressive, he's a teacher, and he knows how to handle players. Hope they make the right call here.

8. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

It doesn't make sense to hire an interim bum to tank because we can get another guy, possibly Richard, that may be a bum but may have an upside and will want to keep him. There is no upside to hiring waste of a guy for 1 year in my eyes

9. NJ Dolphan

NJ Dolphan Rookie Finheaven VIP

It's hard to find a good coach or even a promising coach to take the job if it's obvious the team is going to be awful. Gase saw the writing on the wall, which is probably why he did everything he could to get fired.

And just this morning, we're hearing that Loggains is interviewing; the offensive coordinator who wasn't really the offensive coordinator for an offense that was awful. The fact that they're even talking to him about the HC job tells you all you need to know. (So I could have been wrong about Rizzi in that the Dolphins will want him around as the special teams coach which you can't do if you fire him as head coach).

10. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

Well, I said this wasn't the year to hire a new coach. I said this wasn't the year to add a new QB. Either they're tanking hard for 2020, which I can respect, or they're just dumber than a stump and the total rebuild is a year away when they fire Grier for conducting a head coaching search and coming up with … Dowell Loggains. Wow. Inspired. Oh well, since Don Shula was kicked out of the organization for having a couple of mediocre winning seasons, we've just become a laughing stock.

11. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Embrace the Fish TANK!!!! Finheaven VIP

We might as well save the money and play the 2019 with no coaches at all lol.

12. dolpns13

dolpns13 Taste the Burn Finheaven VIP Donator

Gase isnt a play calling genius, guru or whisperer by any stretch of the imagination.

13. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

I saw Tannehill in the shot gun and spread far too often

3rd and 1 standing that far back is ludicrous