Schad: Why Richard & Flores Are Good Fits (indirectly Rips Gase) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Why Richard & Flores Are Good Fits (indirectly Rips Gase)

Honestly, I think either will be effective! They seem like alpha males in things I have read and watched.

Flores seems more cornball than Richard though. Not sure if guys would respond to that down here. There are too many distractions and the element of escapism down here. You need a firey coach to combat that. Gase lost the locker room because he sounds like a broken trombone always complaining instead of holding people accountable.

Honestly, either would be fine with me but I feel like Richard has more of that fear factor and would whip his coaches into shape too. We haven't had a coach that can **** with players since Don Shula. I've always gotten a misbehaving children and out of control teacher vibe from this team for the past decade. Team needs a drill instructor lol.

Get better players. This is all on Grier from here on out. Flip a coin on these coaches I don't care. It's all for not if Grier can't get people in here that can score touchdowns. Tired of the same rhetoric. Yeah, yeah, yeah, two more years of boot camp. We're back to finding another Sparano, heard it before.

Just said the same thing in another thread, exactly my feelings.

Last edited:
Flores seems more cornball than Richard though. Not sure if guys would respond to that down here. There are too many distractions and the element of escapism down here. You need a firey coach to combat that. Gase lost the locker room because he sounds like a broken trombone always complaining instead of holding people accountable.

Honestly, either would be fine with me but I feel like Richard has more of that fear factor and would whip his coaches into shape too. We haven't had a coach that can **** with players since Don Shula. I've always gotten a misbehaving children and out of control teacher vibe from this team for the past decade. Team needs a drill instructor lol.

Absolutely! In the military, we learned that fear is the best motivator. Someone in your face! Plus, Richard looks like a guy who leads by example. He’s in the field during practice running with those guys. Man, I never had a coach do that but would have loved it.

Seems to me that the plan is to get someone that's easily disposable if the planned tank next year or the year after succeeds at which point it'll be Jim Harbaugh. That's probably why the job is so unattractive right now and if I liked to bet I would take nice odds on Rizzi.

You're seeing something similar in Cincinatti.

Reading this article, I think it's clear that between the two, Richard is the guy. He's aggressive, he's a teacher, and he knows how to handle players. Hope they make the right call here.

Seems to me that the plan is to get someone that's easily disposable if the planned tank next year or the year after succeeds at which point it'll be Jim Harbaugh. That's probably why the job is so unattractive right now and if I liked to bet I would take nice odds on Rizzi.

You're seeing something similar in Cincinatti.
It doesn't make sense to hire an interim bum to tank because we can get another guy, possibly Richard, that may be a bum but may have an upside and will want to keep him. There is no upside to hiring waste of a guy for 1 year in my eyes

It doesn't make sense to hire an interim bum to tank because we can get another guy, possibly Richard, that may be a bum but may have an upside and will want to keep him. There is no upside to hiring waste of a guy for 1 year in my eyes

It's hard to find a good coach or even a promising coach to take the job if it's obvious the team is going to be awful. Gase saw the writing on the wall, which is probably why he did everything he could to get fired.

And just this morning, we're hearing that Loggains is interviewing; the offensive coordinator who wasn't really the offensive coordinator for an offense that was awful. The fact that they're even talking to him about the HC job tells you all you need to know. (So I could have been wrong about Rizzi in that the Dolphins will want him around as the special teams coach which you can't do if you fire him as head coach).

Well, I said this wasn't the year to hire a new coach. I said this wasn't the year to add a new QB. Either they're tanking hard for 2020, which I can respect, or they're just dumber than a stump and the total rebuild is a year away when they fire Grier for conducting a head coaching search and coming up with … Dowell Loggains. Wow. Inspired. Oh well, since Don Shula was kicked out of the organization for having a couple of mediocre winning seasons, we've just become a laughing stock.

Well, I said this wasn't the year to hire a new coach. I said this wasn't the year to add a new QB. Either they're tanking hard for 2020, which I can respect, or they're just dumber than a stump and the total rebuild is a year away when they fire Grier for conducting a head coaching search and coming up with … Dowell Loggains. Wow. Inspired. Oh well, since Don Shula was kicked out of the organization for having a couple of mediocre winning seasons, we've just become a laughing stock.

We might as well save the money and play the 2019 with no coaches at all lol.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...d-miami-dolphins-are-good-fits-for-each-other
excerpted:
If the Dolphins hire Kris Richard or Brian Flores as their next coach, it won’t be because they’re defensive gurus, secondary or linebacker whisperers or play-calling geniuses.

It will be because general manager Chris Grier and owner Stephen Ross believe Richard or Flores is the best coach to teach players and lead the entire organization.

The Dolphins need a coach. They don’t need another person to recommend or sign off on free agent or draft acquisitions. They don’t need a glorified coordinator who speaks about the other side of the ball with disconnect. They need a head football coach with a balance of skills who delivers big-picture confidence.

And in a day in which the league-wide trend has shifted toward young, charismatic offensive play-callers, we can get on board with going against the grain. Trying something different, after years of mediocrity and failure, is more inspiring than frightening.

Ross will not be outspent on free agents, when the time comes to strike (unlikely this summer). Ross has gone into his own pockets to make Hard Rock Stadium a world-class facility. There is a brand-new practice facility in Miami Gardens on the way.

But this truly isn’t about improving one side of the ball. It’s not about fixing any one player, such as quarterback. It’s about fixing what’s wrong with the entire team. It’s about connecting with the entire team, while also holding individuals accountable. It’s about being a leader and a teacher. And bringing solutions, not excuses.

The Dolphins need a head football coach. Not a play-calling genius. Not a guru. Not a whisperer.
They need a man to lead men and Richard or Flores would do it well.
Gase isnt a play calling genius, guru or whisperer by any stretch of the imagination.

In fairness, it's always been about TDs. But...

You mean you don't like to see third down and a foot to go and rather than sneaking the ball forward, trying to "trick" the opponent with a drop back in the pocket, resulting in a sack, fumble and no points?

Teaching and leadership...I'd love to see those attributes in a coach. Also, as I've alluded above, I'd love to see a coach that can distinguish between the times to be deceptive and the times to just run the obvious play(s) because it works. You don't always have to be deceptive, you just have to teach execution.
I saw Tannehill in the shot gun and spread far too often

3rd and 1 standing that far back is ludicrous

Back
Top Bottom