Schad: Why Richard & Flores Are Good Fits (indirectly Rips Gase) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Why Richard & Flores Are Good Fits (indirectly Rips Gase)

In fairness, it's always been about TDs. But...

You mean you don't like to see third down and a foot to go and rather than sneaking the ball forward, trying to "trick" the opponent with a drop back in the pocket, resulting in a sack, fumble and no points?

Teaching and leadership...I'd love to see those attributes in a coach. Also, as I've alluded above, I'd love to see a coach that can distinguish between the times to be deceptive and the times to just run the obvious play(s) because it works. You don't always have to be deceptive, you just have to teach execution.
Get better players. This is all on Grier from here on out. Flip a coin on these coaches I don't care. It's all for not if Grier can't get people in here that can score touchdowns. Tired of the same rhetoric. Yeah, yeah, yeah, two more years of boot camp. We're back to finding another Sparano, heard it before.

I like to think that Richard can do the job. I don't believe Flores is ready to lead a whole team.

But it won't matter if we don't get a good QB and a defense that can actually stop somebody.

Rod Marinelli, Cowboys hope to keep Kris Richard

Excerpt PFT

Posted by Charean Williams on January 10, 2019, 4:36 PM EST
kris-richard.jpeg

Rod Marinelli doesn’t need the credit or accolades anymore. He’s earned respect as a defensive coordinator and will never get another shot at being a head coach.

So Marinelli, 69, has been effusive in his praise of Kris Richard, while letting the team’s defensive passing game coordinator share the reins.

Richard remains a candidate for the Dolphins’ head coaching job, but Marinelli said he is willing to do whatever it takes to keep Richard from leaving.

“I’ve always looked at my responsibility being No. 1, how do we make our defense the best? Not what’s best for me, what’s best for the defense?” Marinelli said. “Each guy brought something special to the table I felt, that I really liked. We worked really well together. One of my other jobs, that I really believe in, is to help develop men to go out and lead organizations. That’s important to me. Then they’ll be able to contribute faster to what we’re at when they’ve got that ownership. You see it. Both of these guys, [Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus] Flu and him. You can see it. And that’s what I want.”

The Texans promoted Mike Vrabel to defensive coordinator in 2017 and made Romeo Crennel the assistant head coach. But that was to keep Vrabel from leaving for another defensive coordinator job. Vrabel became the Titans’ head coach a year ago, with Crennel moving back into the defensive coordinator role with the Texans this season.

The Cowboys can’t do much if the Dolphins offer Richard their head coaching job. They could offer him more money and the title of defensive coordinator or co-defensive coordinator, but it’s not a head coaching job.

If Richard wants to become a head coach and believes he can win in Miami, then he should go.

But Cowboys owner Jerry Jones (and Bill Parcells) convinced Sean Payton to remain in Dallas in 2004 instead of going to the Raiders as a head coach. Deciding Oakland wasn’t the right fit, Payton finally left the Cowboys in 2006 for the Saints job.

“To me, [Richard] is a head coach; he just hasn’t been hired yet,” Marinelli said. “But he is a head coach. That’s what he is. He’s a head coach. We’re just waiting for him to get the right job.”

Get better players. This is all on Grier from here on out. Flip a coin on these coaches I don't care. It's all for not if Grier can't get people in here that can score touchdowns. Tired of the same rhetoric. Yeah, yeah, yeah, two more years of boot camp. We're back to finding another Sparano, heard it before.

I kinda get this but -- still old school... A really good coaching staff can get the MOST out of the talent and

bottom line -- you can only draft the talent that's available. One point about Richard that stands out is

his seeming ability to get a lot of production from players otherwise classified as mid pack via draft etc.

And... If there's anything Belicheat has demonstrated it's the core fact he can win with talent that's

supposedly less than ideal.

Point is -- we had a HC using players to their weakness (see Gesicki as a prime example) and

that makes me believe there's more talent on the roster than many access.

In addition, I'd have to assume, a really non-formula driven HC / staff can mold a winner

from more than one template --- again you have to play with the talent that's available

coming out of college... Even Barry Switzer could "win" with a stacked roster...

He was a crap coach otherwise.

I kinda get this but -- still old school... A really good coaching staff can get the MOST out of the talent and

bottom line -- you can only draft the talent that's available. One point about Richard that stands out is

his seeming ability to get a lot of production from players otherwise classified as mid pack via draft etc.

And... If there's anything Belicheat has demonstrated it's the core fact he can win with talent that's

supposedly less than ideal.

Point is -- we had a HC using players to their weakness (see Gesicki as a prime example) and

that makes me believe there's more talent on the roster than many access.

In addition, I'd have to assume, a really non-formula driven HC / staff can mold a winner

from more than one template --- again you have to play with the talent that's available

coming out of college... Even Barry Switzer could "win" with a stacked roster...

He was a crap coach otherwise.
We're not getting a good coaching staff out the gate with a rookie head coach. See the last twenty years. Those take time. Building a roster should be quicker, if Grier has making all the right moves the last 19 years like some believe. I highly doubt it. Keep making the same poor decisions and your coach will fail too.

We're not getting a good coaching staff out the gate with a rookie head coach. See the last twenty years. Those take time. Building a roster should be quicker, if Grier has making all the right moves the last 19 years like some believe. I highly doubt it. Keep making the same poor decisions and your coach will fail too.

Things can turn quick. You and me are NOT privy to the decision process in the past but we know now...

As a fan -- I'm bullish on Grier until proven otherwise.

And NOT expecting a "miracle" Y1 in his reign.

But seriously, Gase has HIS stamp on a number of decisions on this roster -- including draft IMO.

No more puss ball. No more dork ball. No more wide slutty 9 and tap dancers on OL.

Get basic. Get primal. I truly expect Grier to gravitate in that direction.

So who's going down this weekend Cowboys or Patriots and become available to talk?

Winning the scoreboard against the Cheaters @home in a playoff game???

Let's see -- soft balls, com probs, refs calling PI on anything the Lady throws up high and deep, resetting the clock...

Good luck beating ALL THAT.

im not gonna be a minion anymore. I stood behind Cameron, Sparano, Gase, Saban and every other one we had. I said give them a chance, theyre gonna be quality, bla bla. No more.

Get our offense into the endzone. Get our defense to stop the offense. Get our OL to block. Get our RBs to run. Our receivers to catch. Our defensemen to tackle. Its not rocket science. If you cant do it, exit the NFL.

We don't live in the good ole days of values, morals, doing the right thing, playing for the love of the game. Everything about everything nowadays is about money and ego's. So Im not trusting anyone, just get our team the wins.

I'm oddly confident that we can actually land a better DC and OC than we have had the past 3 yrs...even this late in the process.

Please give us Flores. Please.

I trust your instincts. I like both guys but I'll root for Flores to get the job.

More than anything I don't respect the lazy conclusion that just because it is a Patriots assistant he is a lousy choice and doomed to fail. That is Bar Stool 101. It's like in politics when candidates are lumped with prior candidates from the same state, or senators lumped with prior senators. Meanwhile each time the cited sample is a handful or perhaps a half dozen. Wow. Absolute wow. How fast can I run to get a piece of that trend?

I trust your instincts. I like both guys but I'll root for Flores to get the job.

More than anything I don't respect the lazy conclusion that just because it is a Patriots assistant he is a lousy choice and doomed to fail. That is Bar Stool 101. It's like in politics when candidates are lumped with prior candidates from the same state, or senators lumped with prior senators. Meanwhile each time the cited sample is a handful or perhaps a half dozen. Wow. Absolute wow. How fast can I run to get a piece of that trend?

Richard is a nice candidate. I don't disagree and would be happy with him or Flores. I just really get vibes of Belicheck in Flores and thats in regards to how he handles people and players. Belicheck for as much crap he gets, really really is collaborative and open minded. He knows he doesn't have the best ideas all the time and gives people around him to speak their mind. He looks at things from an unbiased and neutral perspective and always goes with the best idea. He is a brilliant football mind but on top of everything he is an amazing leader that knows how to handle people of all kind. Thats what Flores is. Flores has the ability to connect with everyone and anyone and thats one of the keys to being a great leader and coach. Some people are brilliant minds, some people are able to bring everyone together and work together for the same goal while leaning on people with more experience in certain areas. Thats Flores. I want him to be the next coach, badly.

I just don't want the next Raheem Morris in Richard - a players coach who is extremely energetic but at the end of the day a glorified DB coach.

Back
Top Bottom