Schedule Concern!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schedule Concern!!

Phinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know, I know I like the schedule as much as the next guy. However they not only took away our achilles heel (Dec in the northeast), they also took away the little advantage we had (division games at home in Sep./Oct.) All in all I think we got the better end of the deal though. With that being said it is possible for us to go 13-3, losses at Seattle, at Denver, home Rams.:D

We may no longer have to play at Buffalo and at New England in December, but those late season games at Denver and at Baltimore will be very cold as well.

I'm happy that we have our bye week during the middle of the season. The Dolphins may have lost our early season home games against NE and Buffalo, but it isn't like we played either team on a September afternoon last year. I'd rather play them in Miami late in the year than have to play them on the road in December.

Originally posted by Phinz
I know, I know I like the schedule as much as the next guy. However they not only took away our achilles heel (Dec in the northeast), they also took away the little advantage we had (division games at home in Sep./Oct.) All in all I think we got the better end of the deal though. With that being said it is possible for us to go 13-3, losses at Seattle, at Denver, home Rams.:D

We never had that advantage last season either losing to Houston at home and having Buffalo on ESPN.

There are no "warm weather" road games on our schedule. Because of the schedule rotation, the Dolphins have six games where we head north (cold/snow) and two games where we head west (wind/rain).

I s a better squedule than we've been getting the last few years but is not an easy one imo.The key could be the first game of the year.

Ozzy rules!!

I live in NE and I think it's great we don't have to play up here at the end of the year! The last few years it has been crap weather every time we have to play that game! Maybe this year playing those teams home late will help us get over our problems with December! Hopefully!!!:pray:

Originally posted by Phinz

We have the Jets at home on 10/3. Also, Pittsburgh (obviously a cold weather team) comes to Miami on 9/26. So we still have some of that going for us.

i live in new england, and have been to many NE-MIA matchups in december, and you can see that the players hate being there. you cant even measure what an advantage it is. im so conditioned to sub zero weather (as is anyone living up in this frigid hell hole) that when it hits 20 degrees it feels like a heat wave, yet the miami players are coming from 75 degree weather, its no wonder that we rarely beat them in december. i wish you guys could see the body language of the miami players during the tv timeouts, its almost like they are saying, "ill take the L, just get me out of here"

I'm sure some of the players don't like the cold, but the reason we get beat in the December is because either we're not the better team or by that time the D has figured out that the O can't do it, so they quit easier....Look most of the players are not from Fla. just because they play for Miami...Now, there are some exceptions when weather is an issue, like the snowstorm in NE last year, but it affected them as well, we just weren't good enough to beat them last year. If we had had their offense, with our def that game would have been different. With a decent OL, better receiving corps, a better QB and assumptions that the D continues to play at the level they have, things will be different, even in the cold....its not the weather, its the team....

I love the schedule compared to the last few years. Ideally it would have had the first three games at home against NE, Buff, and Jets so they could eat some florida heat. But it looks pretty promising. Tough games (outside our division) will be Denver, Seattle and possibly Browns. I think we can manage a 12-4 season with a home field in Playoffs. Let's face it the Bills might be able to pull off a 9-7 and the Patriots will not pull one out again finishing 10-6.

While I am sure the cold affects our guys to some degree, it is way more of an advantage to play the division rivals at home early. You can dress up for the cold, but you cannot dress down for the heat.

We train outside during T.C. and our boys are truly used to working in that heat/humidity. Other teams come in, and they just can't hack it.

You guys all think this is some sort of advantage, I say we lost our edge.

I disagree 87 I think getting the Titans and Steelers down here in the heat is a big deal. Those are going to be two pretty tough teams this year. October 3 ain't going to be any picnic either temperature wise. It'll still be boiling then. Though at 4 pm it might be a little to pleasant. Think about it how many teams did we get in the heat last year? We got b!tched by the Texans at home slaughtered the Bills though that was an 8:30 game. Then we had New England on 10/19 and the heat wasn't even that much that late in the year. I think it's a lot of bs anyways. I grew up in Naples which is a lot hotter and more humid than Davie because it's on the west coast of florida without any Atlantic Ocean breezes. It's hot all over the country when training camp goes on. Try telling the Ravens it's not hot in Baltimore in July and August. The heat hasn't seemed to help the Cardinals at all either. It's sweltering in New Orleans and where were they in the Playoffs the last couple year. The Bucs practice in Orlando and I know it's hot as fire. Point made I think. Hey by the way what kinda car is that hood on? I'm a gearhead too.

Back
Top Bottom