Schedule Concern!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schedule Concern!!

Originally posted by Phinz
I know, I know I like the schedule as much as the next guy. However they not only took away our achilles heel (Dec in the northeast), they also took away the little advantage we had (division games at home in Sep./Oct.) All in all I think we got the better end of the deal though. With that being said it is possible for us to go 13-3, losses at Seattle, at Denver, home Rams.:D

If eveything is hunky dory, what's your concern?? ;)

My only concern is they take away the little advantage we had.

I know. But we can't have it both ways tho. Either we play them away late or early. Which would you prefer? personally, I love it this way better. :)

I say we just play them at home 2 times each. :) All in Sept/Oct. How's that sound?

Originally posted by dolfan87
While I am sure the cold affects our guys to some degree, it is way more of an advantage to play the division rivals at home early. You can dress up for the cold, but you cannot dress down for the heat.

We train outside during T.C. and our boys are truly used to working in that heat/humidity. Other teams come in, and they just can't hack it.

You guys all think this is some sort of advantage, I say we lost our edge.

I totally disagree with you 87.
As a lifelong Californian, I am of the firm belief that it is much eaiser for a cold weather team to play in hot weather, than a warm weather team to play in the cold.

Also remember our division rivals train in humid areas also, so our early season home field advantage is not as great as you would think.

Not having to go to Buffolo or Foxboro in December is a much greater advantage than having them come in September is.

Originally posted by Danny
I s a better squedule than we've been getting the last few years but is not an easy one imo.The key could be the first game of the year.

Ozzy rules!!

The first game is never the key to the season, you have 15 more games to play.

I agree with 52....it's much more difficult to adjust to the cold than to the heat...It is a big advantage to the cold weather teams...( can you say the " Frozen Tundra" ?)....And was also pointed out...all teams train in the heat and humidity of "summer camp". So coming to MIA in Sept and Oct is hard, but not insurrmoutable...All of this being said....The Pats won in NE last year because they played better, not because of the weather...perhaps you can say the "snow-plow game" was different, but that is the exception. I think it's much harder to play in rain than in heat or cold...the rain really neutralizes DB coverages as well as line play....

Originally posted by Hellion

The first game is never the key to the season, you have 15 more games to play.
tell that to the 2003 dolphins who lost to the texans on opening day...if we won that game we would have been in the playoffs...so yes EVERY game has meaning especially the first game....this is football not baseball or basketball we only play 16 games not 82 like basketball nor over a 100 games like baseball......1 game in football is like 10 in basketball....so the first game is just as important as the last game nuff said!!

I know, I know I like the schedule as much as the next guy. However they not only took away our achilles heel (Dec in the northeast), they also took away the little advantage we had (division games at home in Sep./Oct.) All in all I think we got the better end of the deal though. With that being said it is possible for us to go 13-3, losses at Seattle, at Denver, home Rams.:D
Puhlease, some people think the bills have the hardest shed. I don't care who and where we play. If we don't overcome anything thrown at us, we don't deserve to win.

I gotta say after all the years of the Dec swoon, hopefully a change in scenery will be good for us phins

Why does everybody think we will lose to the RAMS in our own Stadium?!?! Rams sucks, and they are a DOME TEAM!!! Marshall Faulk is another year older, and there QB situation still hasn't been decided. We will win that game by 10.

Re: Re: Schedule Concern!!

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
Puhlease, some people think the bills have the hardest shed. I don't care who and where we play. If we don't overcome anything thrown at us, we don't deserve to win.

So that's what's gonna be said if the fins win this year. I knew it, I was just wondering who was gonna say we didn't earn the win, cause our schedule was easy. I know you were referring to the Bills but I'm sure you or some other jealous fan will use it against us later.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
tell that to the 2003 dolphins who lost to the texans on opening day...if we won that game we would have been in the playoffs...so yes EVERY game has meaning especially the first game....this is football not baseball or basketball we only play 16 games not 82 like basketball nor over a 100 games like baseball......1 game in football is like 10 in basketball....so the first game is just as important as the last game nuff said!!

Excuses are for losers and that's what this post above is. You can't be serious? Hell ok lets play the what if game,

What if Mare makes those missed FGs against NE? We STILL would have made the playoffs.
What if Wade Smith and Ricky blocked the Colts DE and Grease didn't fumble and we scored and won THAT game? We would Still have made the playoffs.
What if we beat Philly, Tenn, or won in New England?
I know what one game meens, I've been watching this game sense the 70's, but to claim that the first game of the season is "the key" is a little much. Jeez weren't the Pats 0-1 after week one? Then 0-2 after week two? What happened to them?

Do you really think that the Phins coaches and players are sitting around and blaming the lack of a playoff bid on the first game?
:lol: :lol: please.:rolleyes: They had 15 other opertunities to make the playoffs and they'd be the first to tell you that.

Tell it to the 2003 Dolphins? No thanks I wouldn't want them to laugh at me.

Back
Top Bottom