Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

From the show "Where are they now"...
:D

I know he had a tryout with the Montréal Alouettes of the CFL last year or two years ago but I've never heard of him after that.

That's sad. I miss his great attitude and work ethic. He made some big plays for the team.

Originally posted by CpuFan
Thursday, October 23
Griese works with starters

By Joe Schad, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Thursday, October 23, 2003

DAVIE -- San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer was offering a scouting report on Dolphins backup quarterback Brian Griese when he said this:

"He can throw the ball effectively down the field."

Dolphins fan, pick up the spoon you just dropped in your Cheerios.

Schottenheimer knows this because Griese tore apart his defense, a defense with jettisoned linebacker Junior Seau and safety Rodney Harrison, last season.

Griese passed for 316 yards and two touchdowns in Denver's 26-9 thrashing of San Diego at Invesco Field. And on the second play of the game, Griese hit Ed McCaffrey for a 69-yard touchdown.

It's been 25 games since Dolphins starter Jay Fiedler completed a touchdown of that distance. And he may not have Monday night at San Diego to try again....

"I always thought Brian was a very good player," Schottenheimer said. "His accuracy is very good, he has a good enough arm. I don't know what took place in Denver, but I know every time I ever played against him he's been a solid, good quarterback. He's done it to us in Denver on more than one occasion."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_f3791564602412cb00e5.html

effectively is a word in my book just like efficiently.

efficient: being or involving the immediate agent in producing an effect; productive of desired effects; productive without waste; synonym see EFFECTIVE

effective: producing a decided, decisive, or desired effect

efficient or effective are words we hate when we talk about Jay aren't they?

Oh I forgot....it is a as biased as saying Trent Green threw a strike for 30 yards into double coverage in which the WR had to turn around and stop at the 1 yard line.

Trent Green: a bomb on a rop
Jay Fiedler: poor throw, a floater, acrobatic catch by the WR, bad decision to throw into double coverage (same throw)

efficient, effective for all other QBs = a stud, a pro bowler
efficient, effective for Jay: below average, worst QB in the NFL

Originally posted by CpuFan
Thursday, October 23
Griese works with starters

By Joe Schad, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Thursday, October 23, 2003

DAVIE -- San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer was offering a scouting report on Dolphins backup quarterback Brian Griese when he said this:

"He can throw the ball effectively down the field."

Dolphins fan, pick up the spoon you just dropped in your Cheerios.

Schottenheimer knows this because Griese tore apart his defense, a defense with jettisoned linebacker Junior Seau and safety Rodney Harrison, last season.

Griese passed for 316 yards and two touchdowns in Denver's 26-9 thrashing of San Diego at Invesco Field. And on the second play of the game, Griese hit Ed McCaffrey for a 69-yard touchdown.

It's been 25 games since Dolphins starter Jay Fiedler completed a touchdown of that distance. And he may not have Monday night at San Diego to try again....

"I always thought Brian was a very good player," Schottenheimer said. "His accuracy is very good, he has a good enough arm. I don't know what took place in Denver, but I know every time I ever played against him he's been a solid, good quarterback. He's done it to us in Denver on more than one occasion."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_f3791564602412cb00e5.html

So that brings Griese's total of good game's last year to one?

He played horrible last year, one game doesn't change anything.

Re: Re: Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Originally posted by FFiB

efficient: being or involving the immediate agent in producing an effect; productive of desired effects; productive without waste; synonym see EFFECTIVE

Oh I forgot....it is a as biased as saying Trent Green threw a strike for 30 yards into double coverage in which the WR had to turn around and stop at the 1 yard line.

Jay Fiedler: poor throw, a floater, acrobatic catch by the WR, bad decision to throw into double coverage (same throw)

Yeah, Marty is just another of those "Jay Haters"!

Damn biased people, I mean clearly saying nothing about Jay and saying good things about Brian Griese was uncalled for here. :rolleyes:

The key here FFIB which none of you guys who choose to never credit Fiedler with any type of bad play or mistakes in a game is consistency.

How often can a QB make a play and how often can't he.
Trent Green of course throws bad passes, so does Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, etc. The key here is for every bad pass they throw they make some damn good plays with others on a regular basis.

Jay does not consistently make up for bad plays with great plays.
Your analogy of a good pass for Trent Green being a bad pass for Fiedler holds no water and is really "reaching" to find anything to back up your stance.

What does Marty know about the long ball? I think the only throws in his playbook are screen passes and throws to the fullback in the flat.
Actually he should love Fiedler. Don't rush to judgement on me though, I think Fiedler should start if healthy.

Maybe if they asked Marty what he thought about JF, then maybe he might say something nice. As far as the article goes, he was aked only about Griese.

He says something nice about Griese and he's automatically a Fiedler hater :huh:

Re: Re: Re: Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Yeah, Marty is just another of those "Jay Haters"!

Damn biased people, I mean clearly saying nothing about Jay and saying good things about Brian Griese was uncalled for here. :rolleyes:

The key here FFIB which none of you guys who choose to never credit Fiedler with any type of bad play or mistakes in a game is consistency.

How often can a QB make a play and how often can't he.
Trent Green of course throws bad passes, so does Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, etc. The key here is for every bad pass they throw they make some damn good plays with others on a regular basis.

Jay does not consistently make up for bad plays with great plays.
Your analogy of a good pass for Trent Green being a bad pass for Fiedler holds no water and is really "reaching" to find anything to back up your stance.

Ahhhh..you are so predictable. When everything fails put words in my mouth. This is so typical of the ones like you.

I haven't said a word about Marty being a Jay basher or hater. How can I? He just talked about Brian. I just addressed the nails you hang your hats on.

One nail (Jay) every hat falls off from, the other nail (Brian) the hat stays up.

It so funny. If Marty would have made the same comment about Jay you all would have said "oh no, i don't want just an effective or efficient QB" but since the comments are involving Brian, effective and efficient become acceptable. That is so laughable.

I have seen a few KC games and Green hasn't done miracle plays either. He actually looks very Fiedler like with the difference that he is better protected by his OL and his WR helping him out.

Plus, I do give Jay flak. As recently as the NY Giants game but I refuse to just blame one single player yet hail another for the exact same traits.

The difference between you and I: I criticise when critic is warranted. You bash because it is in.....

Oh I know, every loss is Jay's fault and every win is despite Jay. How could I forget?

:lol:

Originally posted by justafan
Maybe if they asked Marty what he thought about JF, then maybe he might say something nice. As far as the article goes, he was aked only about Griese.

He says something nice about Griese and he's automatically a Fiedler hater :huh:

Why do you have more common sense than "certain other individual"?

You sure you are a Bills fan?

Why do you have more common sense than "certain other individual"?

You sure you are a Bills fan?

Bills fans are always right. Our team sometimes like making us look wrong :cry: They can have a sick sense of humor.

Originally posted by DENVERDOLFAN
What does Marty know about the long ball? I think the only throws in his playbook are screen passes and throws to the fullback in the flat.
Actually he should love Fiedler. Don't rush to judgement on me though, I think Fiedler should start if healthy.

If he knew something about the long ball, Doug Flutie would be his starter. Schottenheimer knows nothing about the long ball.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

You're right.....it was around 50 yards or so to Leslie Shepherd.

that might have been his best pass ever

Originally posted by Phishstix

that might have been his best pass ever

Oooooh yeah, that was a thing of beauty.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

If he knew something about the long ball, Doug Flutie would be his starter. Schottenheimer knows nothing about the long ball.

so true...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Ahhhh..you are so predictable. When everything fails put words in my mouth. This is so typical of the ones like you.

I haven't said a word about Marty being a Jay basher or hater. How can I? He just talked about Brian. I just addressed the nails you hang your hats on.:lol:

Yeah, I'm predictable.....
You did in fact turn this thread into the boo hoo poor Fiedler thread. This was a thread about what Marty said about Griese correct? You do recall that?

where in your post did you comment on that subject?
Again, you turned this into a "Jay gets no love thread"
Let's gander at your response again shall we......

Yep, although nothing in the article said a word about Jay or even implied anything about Griese being better than Jay but YOU brought it in.

Pot.... don't call the kettle black!

One nail (Jay) every hat falls off from, the other nail (Brian) the hat stays up.

I never have said anything like that nor have many of the posters that support considering giving Griese a shot. In fact I've mentioned in many posts that bringing in Griese involves it's own set of risks. Never implied Griese is a savior or a God.
Those lines fall solely in the court of the Fiedler flag waivers who do not tolerate ANY negative posts against him or apparently... after this.... any article about the Dolphin QB position that gives props to another without giving sufficient homage to Fiedler.

It so funny. If Marty would have made the same comment about Jay you all would have said "oh no, i don't want just an effective or efficient QB" but since the comments are involving Brian, effective and efficient become acceptable. That is so laughable.

Maybe I would have but who cares. THAT comment would have been on topic. :goof:

On the contraty, in response to an article praising Jay Fiedler, if I posted how Brian Griese is such a scapegoat and that everybody hates him :cry: just because the article dosen't mention Griese that would be different.

That's the type of response you posted...... not me.

If you are gonna call my response to you out at least stick to the meat and potatoes of the subject! Don't cop out with the "Oh you Fiedler basher" response

Oh I know, every loss is Jay's fault and every win is despite Jay. How could I forget?

Don't forget that every interception Fiedler throws is the solely the fault of lazy receivers or a shoddy OL....

How bout that Jay has the best record in the NFL!
Yes Jay owns that record and not the Fins defense or Ricky Williams.

Better yet.... Jay is limited only because of the play calling! If Norv let him air it out he'd be in the Pro Bowl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom