Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Originally posted by Trekbiz
:lol:

Yeah, I'm predictable.....
You did in fact turn this thread into the boo hoo poor Fiedler thread. This was a thread about what Marty said about Griese correct? You do recall that?

where in your post did you comment on that subject?
Again, you turned this into a "Jay gets no love thread"
Let's gander at your response again shall we......

Yep, although nothing in the article said a word about Jay or even implied anything about Griese being better than Jay but YOU brought it in.

Pot.... don't call the kettle black!

I never have said anything like that nor have many of the posters that support considering giving Griese a shot. In fact I've mentioned in many posts that bringing in Griese involves it's own set of risks. Never implied Griese is a savior or a God.
Those lines fall solely in the court of the Fiedler flag waivers who do not tolerate ANY negative posts against him or apparently... after this.... any article about the Dolphin QB position that gives props to another without giving sufficient homage to Fiedler.

Maybe I would have but who cares. THAT comment would have been on topic. :goof:

If I posted how Brian Griese is such a scapegoat and that everybody hates him :cry: just because the article dosen't mention him in response to the Jay Fiedler article that would be different.

That's what you posted...... not me.
If you are gonna call my response to you out at least stick to the meat and potatoes of the subject! Don't cop out with the "Oh you Fiedler basher" response

Don't forget that every interception Fiedler throws is the solely the fault of lazy receivers or a shoddy OL....

How bout that Jay has the best record in the NFL!
Yes Jay owns that record and not the Fins defense or Ricky Williams.

Better yet.... Jay is limited only because of the play calling! If Norv let him air it out he'd be in the Pro Bowl!

:lol:
ROFLMAO... ok i want to play this game.

when fiedler doesn't start miami wins 30% of the time.. isn't ricky and the D still there? guess not.

are his picks his fualt? yes most of them are. but we easily forget JM not looking back at the ball, DT not jumping and using his height advantage (OG alwas did), or the same playcall twice (texans game). funny your comment was it's ever fiedlers fault. but i can say to you that you believe everything is his.

lets talk about brian griese. he didn't win anything with a probowl offense in denver. Smith, Portis, Shapre, Mccaffrey, Lillie (SP?), anderson, very good line.

boo hoo poor griese.. why didn't he get it done? why is his winning % not even close to fiedlers? he had better weapons PERIOID! it's the D's fault? Pryce, Gold, Wilson, O'neil, kennedy, etc...

GO GRIESE!

bottom line is the longball is the lowest % pass in the NFL and unless you have randy moss it isn't used 60% of the time. i want to move the chains and score.. not have 5 big long balls and 5 fiedl goals...

Last edited by a moderator:
i think last season JF threw that long one to chambers for 59 yards against the vikes, and this year against the texans for 57 yards close to 69 though

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Originally posted by i2panzer
ROFLMAO... ok i want to play this game.

are his picks his fualt? yes most of them are. but we easily forget JM not looking back at the ball, DT not jumping and using his height advantage (OG alwas did), or the same playcall twice (texans game). funny your comment was it's ever fiedlers fault. but i can say to you that you believe everything is his.

lets talk about brian griese. he didn't win anything with a probowl offense in denver. Smith, Portis, Shapre, Mccaffrey, Lillie (SP?), anderson, very good line.

boo hoo poor griese.. why didn't he get it done? why is his winning % not even close to fiedlers? he had better weapons PERIOID! it's the D's fault? Pryce, Gold, Wilson, O'neil, kennedy, etc...

GO GRIESE!

bottom line is the longball is the lowest % pass in the NFL and unless you have randy moss it isn't used 60% of the time. i want to move the chains and score.. not have 5 big long balls and 5 fiedl goals...

Dang this gets better and better. :lol:
I did'nt say boo hoo for Griese..... :lol: damn people READ before arguing. My post wasn't even for Griese.
This thread turned from an article about what Marty said about Griese into how Fiedler never gets any credit and how the media picks on him. Your just another one of these guys.... Typical.

when fiedler doesn't start miami wins 30% of the time.. isn't ricky and the D still there? guess not.

You are citing a span of 6 games to point out a historic winning percentage! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is damn funny.

Not only that but the backup QB we had has been cut and hasn't been picked up BY ANY TEAM, not even his former coach who supposedly loved him.

Great argument there panzer!

We'd only win 30% of our games without Jay with Corey Jenkins playing QB as well. :lol:

I'm just joking though because with that stat you seriously shut me down!

I now agree that Jay IS the major reason the Fins have won the past few years. The Defense is a sham and so is Ricky for that matter. Jay carries the team. :rolleyes:

Did it cross anybody's mind that Marty may have said this because he'd rather face Griese than Fiedler?

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Slammed!

Come up with that all on your own???

Now run along.... your mommy just finished cooking your kraft macaroni & cheese and Sponge Bob is coming on TV! :goof:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Dang this gets better and better. :lol:
I did'nt say boo hoo for Griese..... :lol: damn people READ before arguing. My post wasn't even for Griese.
This thread turned from an article about what Marty said about Griese into how Fiedler never gets any credit and how the media picks on him. Your just another one of these guys.... Typical.

You are citing a span of 6 games to point out a historic winning percentage! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is damn funny.

Not only that but the backup QB we had has been cut and hasn't been picked up BY ANY TEAM, not even his former coach who supposedly loved him.

Great argument there panzer!

We'd only win 30% of our games without Jay with Corey Jenkins playing QB as well. :lol:

I'm just joking though because with that stat you seriously shut me down!

I now agree that Jay IS the major reason the Fins have won the past few years. The Defense is a sham and so is Ricky for that matter. Jay carries the team. :rolleyes:

it's more then 6 games, he's been injured a lot (which is the REAL issue and not talent). plus wasn't lucas "better" and deserved his chance? yeah worked GREAT. not only that but he helped win games by playing with his arm hanging from it's socket (the rotator cuff).

whatever you want to say is fine. griese isn't better then fiedler as a starting QB.

and i'll bite on this... if jays 70 winning pecentage doesn't mean he's good or whatever... then why didn't brian win with his all pro team? it DOES have everything to do with fiedler vs. griese because you want griese to start and act like he's this great player.

I now agree that Jay IS the major reason the Fins have won the past few years. The Defense is a sham and so is Ricky for that matter. Jay carries the team.
you've clearly turned this into "it's jay's fault everything bad happens" topic. you say it's not about that, but you're the one who talks about it being BS that jay deserves any credit. you don't give him any credit and blame everything on him... YOU not me, or anyone else has turned it into this topic with your clear fiedler agenda..

YOU believe we win inspite of fiedler which is totaly ridiculous. he's a PROVEN winner.

Don't forget that every interception Fiedler throws is the solely the fault of lazy receivers or a shoddy OL....

How bout that Jay has the best record in the NFL!
Yes Jay owns that record and not the Fins defense or Ricky Williams.

Better yet.... Jay is limited only because of the play calling! If Norv let him air it out he'd be in the Pro Bowl!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

Originally posted by i2panzer

it's more then 6 games, he's been injured a lot (which is the REAL issue and not talent). plus wasn't lucas "better" and deserved his chance? yeah worked GREAT. not only that but he helped win games by playing with his arm hanging from it's socket (the rotator cuff).

whatever you want to say is fine. griese isn't better then fiedler as a starting QB.

and i'll bite on this... if jays 70 winning pecentage doesn't mean he's good or whatever... then why didn't brian win with his all pro team? it DOES have everything to do with fiedler vs. griese because you want griese to start.

you've clearly turned this into "it's jay's fault everything bad happens" topic. you say it's not about that, but you're the one who talks about it being BS that jay deserves any credit. you don't give him any and blame everything on him... YOU not me, or anyone else has turned it ito this topic.

So be it.....

This debate can rage all night long.
I actually didn't think Brian Griese should start before witnessing what I feel is a regressing Fiedler. I'm not convinced that he can do any better either. There are many negatives to overcome if Griese starts. First off forget whether you think Griese can do a good job as a starting QB or not, he missed valuable time in the preseason. Time he needed to learn the offense. Seeing that fact, Griese would have to really step up and play great to overcome that problem. Now having seen what I feel is subpar play by Jay after 6 games I admit that I am intrigued by what spark if any Griese could bring to the Offense. Am I saying he will turn things around...... no. I do think a change has a chance to turn the team around though. Not everyone who questions Jay is a hater is all I'm trying to point out. Both sides post rediculous statements like Jay is a pro bowler and that everything is Jay's fault. Neither are the truth. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Hopefully things will change, the offense will get moving WHOEVER is QB'ing when that time comes and we won't have to have such heated arguments about the QB........

They can be just a little less heated arguments!

I am torn on the subject. I just want to see us win. My only worry about Griese is his rustiness, and lack of playing time. I would like to say that we had a throw away game and lets try, but there is no game that we can just use as an experiment. Is he better than Fiedler? If he can stretch the defense, maybe. But he does take a lot longer to throw the ball and he did get sacked more than Jay did in preseason. The way the O line is playing, he won't have time to sit and wait for a receiver to get open downfield. If he starts will Norv change the offense? Well that would piss me off because if he can do it for Griese than he can do it for Jay.

I've come to the conclusion that i2panzer is one of the following:

A) Jay Fiedler's Agent
B) A member of Jay Fiedler's immediate family
C) The President of the Jay Fiedler Fan Club
D) Woody Paige

Originally posted by AirVick
I've come to the conclusion that i2panzer is one of the following:

A) Jay Fiedler's Agent
B) A member of Jay Fiedler's immediate family
C) The President of the Jay Fiedler Fan Club
D) Woody Paige

Who cares what he is?

How bout i come to some conclusions bout you?

OK everyone....this has taken some time.
In their last 11 games played, both QBs have a 6-5 record.
In those games, Jay's average QB rating is 74.2 and Griese's is 82.6. They both threw 11 touchdowns but Brian threw 13 INTs to Jay's 11. Jay fumbled 4 times and lost 2, Brian fumbled once and lost that one.
Jay had 8 games with less than 200 yards; 3 of more than 200 and none over 300
Brian had 2 games of less than 200 yards; 5 of more than 200 and 4 of more than 300.
If you average their longest pass from scrimmage per game, Jay is at 37 yards and Brian is at 41 yards.

Bottom line is neither QB has lit the world on fire recently. But I'm sick and tired of people bashing Brian. Jay has not played well since his injury and it sucks. But just because he's a nice guy doesn't make him unbenchable. Brian deserves a shot if for no other reason that to just SEE if he could do better. It seems like some of you guys are afraid. Calling for Sage to be given a shot before BG. Gimme a freakin' break. Brian is a proven NFL QB and he was made a scapegoat for Denver's losing late last year. You can't credit him with losing games any more that you guys credit Jay for winning them. It's a team sport. But this offense is not producing and it needs a shot in the arm. We've been waiting for Jay to break out for 4 years now and he only seems to be regressing. Face the facts...it's time for a change.

Back
Top Bottom