Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schottenheimer says Griese can throw down the field...

We all know that Griese can throw. We also all know that he is not a leader and that the team in Denver did not have confidence in him.

Originally posted by MacAttack
I dont remember the last time Jay had a 300+ Passing day.

It's only happened twice in 48 games. Once last year at KC (amazingly with a ligament injury to his index finger) and once at New England in 2001.

That's it. :(

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Come up with that all on your own???

Now run along.... your mommy just finished cooking your kraft macaroni & cheese and Sponge Bob is coming on TV! :goof:

Ouch.... that took all night didn't?

Wouldn't it be strange if fate has declared that after Marino only son of Bob can take the phins to the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by Sherif
Wouldn't it be strange if fate has declared that after Marino only son of Bob can take the phins to the Super Bowl.

How old is Marino's son now?:lol:

Not nearly old enough.:lol:

Enough with the misconception. The Broncos have had a miserable pass protection line the last four years. Go ask a Bronco fan. They are great run blockers but are ridiculously small and cannot pass block.

I guess you guys think Jim Miller is God.:lol:

Originally posted by Sherif

It would make for a hell of a story.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I am torn on the subject. I just want to see us win. My only worry about Griese is his rustiness, and lack of playing time. I would like to say that we had a throw away game and lets try, but there is no game that we can just use as an experiment. Is he better than Fiedler? If he can stretch the defense, maybe. But he does take a lot longer to throw the ball and he did get sacked more than Jay did in preseason. The way the O line is playing, he won't have time to sit and wait for a receiver to get open downfield. If he starts will Norv change the offense? Well that would piss me off because if he can do it for Griese than he can do it for Jay.

You're right that there is no such thing as a throw-away game in this league, especially after the Houston game. However, it won't get much closer than playing a 1-5 football team. I guess at this point I don't really have an opinion one way or another which QB plays. If Jay is hurt significantly, then I think Griese should play. Otherwise, who knows? I was of the school of thought that benching Fiedler should not be seriously considered until the team lost another game. Well, that time has come, but I really don't know how I feel about it. I try not to second-guess the coaches because they do a much better job than I could dream of. I guess the only thing I would like to see is a little more imaginative play-calling. I know I'm not up in the box seeing the things that Norv sees, but after running on what, 16 out of 23 first downs, against stacked fronts, it just seems like there should be something better.

All that being said, I am a firm supporter of anyone wearing a Dolphins uniform, so I will cheer whoever is playing.

Back
Top Bottom