Schrager's Mock Phins go all O In Rd 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schrager's Mock Phins go all O In Rd 1

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Drafting a WR and a RB in round one and not drafting a tackle or guard makes no sense at all. The WR position is not a position of need and there are very good RB’s they can draft in the later rounds. Hopefully
other than Tua, this is not the players the Dolphins take in the first round.

Need a Tackle. Not sure what the talent drop off is in the 2nd round for O-Linemen. I know the WR talent is supposedly loaded this draft. Tackle is more important than WR right now.

Big fan of Schrager, big fan of Ruggs, but not this mock. If we stay at 5, 18 has to be OT. I’m almost tempted to say 26 has to be OT too

Horrible mock, by Schrager. We are not taking a WR (not a need) in the 1st along w/a RB. He looses all credibility with no OL.

Went 26-32 picking last years first round selections.

What do you think?

He has Tua at #5, Ruggs at #18 and Swift at #26. I know I'm going to get napalmed over the lack of O line in his mock but there is a thing called round two...

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ager-nfl-mock-draft-10-dolphins-take-qb-wr-rb

Round 2's drop off on linemen is significantly more than the drop off on WR and RB.
You can still get your qb, address the line (even DE) and get a WR and RB after 5 picks.

If you do it your way, QB, WR and RB in round 1, what you're left with is slim pickings for Tackles and DE. So now you will have a QB that will be sacked a lot and could get injured

Terrible mock.

Need OL if we draft Tua, or Herbert.
exactly. posters here want to criticize Tua's injuries but don't want to protect him? I mean does anyone think about the fact that for 20 plus years Mia has had mediocre linemen. What the OP doesn't realize that with quality linemen, you can get the same results with your 2nd rd RB and WR, with having an explosive offense

Simply posting a mock. Like it don't like it, you're all welcome anyways for posting lol.
it seems you're a fan of it if you're posting it. BY saying he got 26/32 right, means you think he will be right again. you don't seem to value qb if you dont want to protect him

While I agree that we need OL, I also like value. I don't want to reach for OL just because is a need. If the right type of OT is there at 18 then is a no brainer but don't draft one just to draft one.

For the people that say we don't need a WR, I beg to differ. Points and big plays come from the passing game and this draft has some great WR's in the first round. We have Parker with ONE good/healthy season, Williams coming back from major surgery. Wilson we don't know if he'll be 100% or if he'll even be on the team and the rest are 4th and 5th stringers. People want to draft Tua then give him some weapons besides protection. Btw, we need OL regardless of what QB we draft.

Back
Top Bottom