Scratch One Wannabe 1st Round Qb... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scratch One Wannabe 1st Round Qb...

iwastherein1972

Active Roster
Reaction score
haskins is a bad joke. Purdue with a near-hanghalfa on The Ohio State University.

Go away and take your coach with you.

Herbert didn't look much better against Washington State.. Hard pass on both of them unless you get them out of the first round which isn't happening. Herbert will get overdrafted. Doubt Haskins comes out this year.

I honestly dont think its worth it for our front office to pay Tannehill next year to be a stop gap when we have better options for less amounts of money. I honestly think the team can be playoff contenders with a game manager at QB ....

I don’t think I’ve seen Haskins regarded as a 1st rounder anywhere, but I’ll go along with the thread. Haskins was the only reason Ohio State didn’t get shut out. He had to throw it 73... yes 73 times, because OSU had an embarrassingly bad rushing offense and and even worse defense. His only INT came in garbage time, when the game was out of reach.

Again, never saw Haskins as a first rounder, but this isn’t the game to knock him for

I was flicking between the Ohio State and Oregon games. Final verdict from me was that Herbert cemented the thoughts I had had from seeing him previously, the kid is a lock high first round pick, probably #1 overall, no doubt be playing in New York with Barkley and OJB. He's clearly out of our reach. Haskins ball placement early on was all over the place, but as the game wore on got better, made a few good throws, I wouldn't say he was trash like the OP, but there was probably more questions in his performance than answers, this was probably an off day for him. Minshew for Wash State was probably the most impressive of the QBs tonight, I'd not heard of him before, he's a senior transfer, but the commentators were all gushing over him, he certainly looked impressive in the parts I saw of the game.

haskins is a bad joke. Purdue with a near-hanghalfa on The Ohio State University.

You're kidding, right?

Haskins was 49-73 for 470 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT. With no running game to speak of in support. Not exactly a poor performance.

tOSU didn't get smoked by Purdue because of Haskins. They got smoked because their defense is AWFUL. And has been since Nick Bosa was injured. Sure, they certainly had redzone issues ... but when a defense surrenders 49 --- does it really matter?

I say this tongue-in-cheek but also half serious .... Even though he hasn't played in weeks and won't ever play for tOSU again, Nick Bosa should win the Heisman based off tonight's performance by the Buckeyes defense and also the others subsequent to his injury. I can't imagine a player more valuable to their team than him. The difference in the Buckeyes defense w/o #97 has been profoundly significant. They are straight up GARBAGE right now. Struggled with Indiana and couldn't slow down a @#$%^& Purdue offense tonight. Losing a player that demands double and triple teams yet still finds ways to get to the QB or RB for TFL's has changed the dynamic of that team.

Bosa is so impactful, he's like 2 defensive players in 1. That's why he'll go top 3 and perhaps #1 in the next draft.

But regarding Haskins, IDK whether he'll be a good NFL QB or not. I just know that citing tonight's game is ridiculous. As is piling the loss on Haskins shoulders.

Don't care for either Haskins or Herbert as a potential QB here but to judge Haskins from the Purdue game is off base - as others have said, the rushing offense sucked and their defense is worse.....plus, the Purdue team were extremely motivated and focused on winning this game for that poor kid with cancer and everyone on that team played over and above what could be expected of them. From the beginning of that game the Purdue team players & home fan excitement/support was palpable even watching from home.

From what I saw of Herbert yesterday I’d be very interested.

He’s a great athlete at the position possesses a cannon arm and can make stick throws. Excellent on the hoof outside the pocket as a passer and I think he has the one thing this board desires most in a qb from what I’ve read on here... tbe gift of improvisation.

He played every snap I saw in pistol which given the athlete you can see why. The threat of his legs is legit. He slides to avoid hard contact is built like a tank at the position and all the zone read stuff would be instantly on the table.

Can he take pro set drops? I don’t know but given the upside someone’s gonna really want to find out.

Also watched Finley yesterday. The longer I watched the more I saw arm limitation. Timing of out of hand I thought was good as was coverage read but his arm was lacking outside the numbers and on stick throws in tight coverage. He just lacks pop with the arm. He throws a beautiful back shoulder maybe his most impressive part of his game and his placement is very good. But given the age as in 6th year it gets harder to bank on continued development with the arm strength aspect of things. His timing is gonna have to be spot on and I think teams will load up the middle of the field vs him at the next level and force him to make throws outside the numbers similar to chad Pennington and expose him.

Add in the frame is skinny and lean on a 6th year and you don’t see much room for development there either.

The upside here looks rather average.

Back
Top Bottom