Sean smith fails | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean smith fails

Vontae is a natural talent... Will arrived here skilled, Yeremiah learned his craft during our halycon defensive days. Beyond that how much of this hands-off, non-bumping, poor coverage and slipshod tackling is on Todd Bowles and his training regimen??? Then again I've been saying the same thing about Bonemego in his 3rd year as ST Coordinator with little visible coverage/tackling improvement. Maybe these guys should, along with Henning queue up for the inevitable train out of town.

Sean Smith has not really looked good since mid-season last year. he had the hi-light one handed INT and maybe caught on to some things quicker than Davis in camp, but lets face it - the kid doesnt look like a future star. Vontae does. i hope will allen can come back or i say even give sapp a shot. i like Davis, Allen, and sapp in the slot though. but we have even bigger problems than smith unfortunatly.

Been saying all along that this guy was soft as Charmin and a poor cover guy. Another genius trifecta pick.

Okay, you're probably right. He wasn't in perfect position, but he was certainly in good enough position. But either way it was a really good throw. My first reaction to the play was not to knock Smith but praise the throw. But I still think he could have poked it away if he hadn't tried to catch it.

yeah i mean that was all about ball placement but then he got called for holding hurd down the field on another play...i think he lacks confidence and at this level thats bad news...i mean if you don't feel like you can own the cowboys 5th or 6th wr who can you???

Vontae is a natural talent... Will arrived here skilled, Yeremiah learned his craft during our halycon defensive days. Beyond that how much of this hands-off, non-bumping, poor coverage and slipshod tackling is on Todd Bowles and his training regimen??? Then again I've been saying the same thing about Bonemego in his 3rd year as ST Coordinator with little visible coverage/tackling improvement. Maybe these guys should, along with Henning queue up for the inevitable train out of town.

you know...i think you might be on to something there...the db coaching may need a fix...specials also...we give guys way too many easy releases at the los imo from even a press position on the outside...but i'll reserve judgement til the regular season unfolds...but i hear ya

yeah i mean that was all about ball placement but then he got called for holding hurd down the field on another play...i think he lacks confidence and at this level thats bad news...i mean if you don't feel like you can own the cowboys 5th or 6th wr who can you???

That holding call on Hurd was complete bull****, I thought.

On the other hand I think you're probably right that he's battling some confidence issues right now. Or at least, it wouldn't surprise me. As for not being to "own" the Cowboys 5th and 6th receivers, keep in mind we're all waiting around like hyenas to see which one of them gets cut so we can make him our 4th guy. It's not like those guys are scrubs.

That holding call on Hurd was complete bull****, I thought.

On the other hand I think you're probably right that he's battling some confidence issues right now. Or at least, it wouldn't surprise me. As for not being to "own" the Cowboys 5th and 6th receivers, keep in mind we're all waiting around like hyenas to see which one of them gets cut so we can make him our 4th guy. It's not like those guys are scrubs.

no doubt...we are waiting for the boys to cut someone...lmao at the hyenas part...but still...shouldn't sean smith feel like anyone we bring in off the street i'm gonna own all over the field...i just see some lack of confidence there...if he's truly a long term boundary cb starter for our defense he needs to carry himself like it...and i don't see it...

on the hold you're probably right cause once jake went down i was kinda in la la land...

Same ol from this dude, gettin beat on everyplay and does nothing. Say what u want, this is preseason yea but this is also a football game, i am concerned as everyone should be about smith.

I have never liked tall lanky cornerbacks. They always have trouble turning and running

wildbill, stop being one of the only reasonable people on this site... please

i agree, at this point we are better of letting carroll start.

You must be blowing my **** or something. CARROLL is God-awful. He's shown NOTHING in real football games, and the ONLY way I'd keep him is if he continues his good work on S/Ts. Otherwise, I'd send him to the P/S to learn.

the only thing i will say about carroll is his tackling has been better than advertised...i like that...but he's so raw on the nickle that right now at least he's pitch and catch...sapp owns that job all day long

but you can definitely see the kid has talent...i kinda wonder if he'd be better on the boundary down the road

You must be blowing my **** or something. CARROLL is God-awful. He's shown NOTHING in real football games, and the ONLY way I'd keep him is if he continues his good work on S/Ts. Otherwise, I'd send him to the P/S to learn.

I'd have to disagree....he is obviously more physical than Smith is already...and he actually broke up the pass on the same type of play that Smith got smoked on.....while I wouldn't start Carroll if I had other options.....Id replace Smith with damn near anyone else at this point.

I don't think it was coincidence that the first play Smith came into the game last week, Ryan went right after him.

I have never liked tall lanky cornerbacks. They always have trouble turning and running

yep...just so much length to have to deal with...not the same body control...only the rarest of rare at that size can even begin to play nfl corner...but that doesn't mean that they'll be good at it...

Back
Top Bottom