Sean smith fails | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean smith fails

Say what you want but that was a perfect throw and catch by the Cowboys players. When offenses execute perfectly like that, they usually win the play anyway. Unless Ted Ginn is receiving.

Third string QB and a dude about to be cut beats you bad sure sounds bad, but those guys have talent too, and it looked like a perfectly executed play. I wonder if there was supposed to be a FS there, but getting beat on long pass plays is not encouraging.

Overall, it sounds like another horrible night for the Phins.

If something you see in preseason worries you, then it would be hard not to see what Henne has done and be worried. Since I believe in Henne, I'm trying not to get overly worried about either just yet.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think you can really put too much blame on Smith. Looked to be in great position to me. Was an incredible throw and catch.

Smith is garbage.

Agree. They hyped him so much last pre-season. He didn't make any plays last year and looks woeful in the preseason this year. Davis on the other hand is developing into a stud. Second half of last year he was making a lot of plays and that's carried over into this pre-season. I hope Smith improves, but I just don't see the playmaking ability in him. The TD he gave up to Sam Aiken on NE last year was incredibly awful...

Sean Smith isnt as bad as most of ya'll say he is. He isnt bad at all. I thinkk he's pretty good. Yea he got beat on a bomb against Cowboys in the preseason by Hurd, but Hurd actually has something to play for, Hurd is fighting for his job, so Hurd is playing like its the 4th quarter, and smith is just playing like its "preseason". Smith has his job already. Vontae Davis has been made a fool of a couple of times, but that doesnt mean he's a bad player. If i had to rate Davis, Allen, and smith.... it would be Davis-84, Allen-82, and Smith-81. Smith isnt tht much behind Davis. Smith is struggling early on, but tht only means tht he will flourish once he hits his stride. Smith will grow into a legit NFL cornerback physically and mentally.

Some of you take football way too seriously.

I've been telling you all about smith for a while now. There's the it factor in player, can't explain it but you see it. You see a bit of it in Vontae Davis not Sean smith nor Chris Clemons. We are going to have a long year guys. It's very realistic to say 7-9 or 8-8. 9-7 is a reach especially with our sched.

That WR that caught that pass may be Miami's new #4/5. It was a nice pass and great catch. Smith was on him but made the mistake of trying to catch the ball instead of knocking it down.

Smith got beat, no question . . . but it was an incredible throw and catch . . . so I don't want to take anything from McGee and Hurd. Smith has lost his confidence, he came back on the next series and laid a big hit on the WR, but then almost got burnt again if it wasn't for him holding.

I still think Jason Allen has looked better on the outside this preseason and from what reports say, probably better in camp also.

Smith still hasn't learned to be physical with receivers, thats what makes CB that dont have elite speed really good players see D.Revis. On that play smith allowed Hurd a Free Release, THAT WAS HIS MISTAKE, only when he was going by him did smith make an attempt to be physical. Technique, He needs to start using that size to his advantage he still hasn't learned how to yet!

Its too bad. Woulda been so nice to have a corner that has the measurables of Moss or AJ. Hopefully he can turn it around. On the bright side. At least our toast has a ''swagga'' spread.

Back
Top Bottom