Seau was part of... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau was part of...

Tatonka

New Poppa
Reaction score
a team that started strong and collapsed the last two years.

why do you guys feel that he can come here and change the propensity the fins have shown for doing the same thing. starting strong and finishing weak.

this is not a flame, this is an straight forward question.

One man can't always save a sinking ship I guess. Bryan Cox and T-Buck were also members of our annual sinking ship. But they helped get it done in New England.

We've got plenty of talent on D. Seau should make a bigger impact on this D from a mental standpoint.

Because he won't have to do as much here as he did in SD..He doesn't have to make every play..

Last edited by a moderator:
It was not his fault that the flame went out in SD towards the end of seasons. They had very little depth and had a very weak pass D. It's like blaming Takeo for the Bengals being a crappy team. Either way, we did not only get him to shake up the defense. He is a better player than either Greenwood or Rogers, so he is a genuine upgrade to our line up.

The reason I think the dolphins will not flutter late in the season this year is because we have more depth and hopefully less injuries. We are still one of the most talented line ups in the league and if all the stars line up (no injury problems, no let downs by the d) we could go very far next year. I mean, very easily last year we could have been 12-4 w/ a first round bye in the playoffs, had 3 plays gone differently.

Seau brings a rejuvinated intensity to his play because people think he's over the hill but I do not think he's the reason we get over the december hump. Remember, 2 years ago TB was branded as the same type of team, one that could not win on the road in December. Tampa went on to go 2-1 on the road in December on the way to the Super Bowl. I believe we could get there. And NOT only because of Seau.

Originally posted by Tatonka
a team that started strong and collapsed the last two years.

why do you guys feel that he can come here and change the propensity the fins have shown for doing the same thing. starting strong and finishing weak.

this is not a flame, this is an straight forward question.

The team dont need that kind of change. It needed a better OLB than Rogers.

why is that so hard for some other teams fans to swallow? Not flaming either

Ill bet Jay has an easier time avoiding TKO.....then Drew has avoiding SAY OWW....And hes a better passer on the run. Drew needs the pocket more and more these days.

What up PUDD??

Tatonka or whatever your PUDD name is??? It's alright to be very scared! I would be VERY scared if I knew an already dominant defense was getting the likes of a JUNIOR SEAU and SAMMY KNIGHT!!The only thing I am gonna say I dare Moulds to go across the middle!!Talk all the smack you want about last season when we gave you a win with Lucas!! But be VERY SCARED!! Because you know it isn't happening this year!WE ARE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE! REMEMBER YOU NEVER DEFEATED US IN THE 70'S!!That's gotta hurt!! WE OWN YOU!!! SO drink some more GENESSEE!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's like blaming Takeo for the Bengals being a crappy team.

That is the same reasoning I used in a debate with a Bills fan. They said to me you picked up 2 players fromt teams that fade down the stretch to help you not fade down the stretch(saeu,Knight),how can that help the finz?
I said you picked up 2 players from teams with crappy "d's" to help a team with a crappy "D"(Spikes,posey) how can that help YOU?

The thing is fans of 1 teams do not use similar logic when it comes to their own aqusistions,we'll see how it plays out.

Originally posted by knoxpk

That is the same reasoning I used in a debate with a Bills fan. They said to me you picked up 2 players fromt teams that fade down the stretch to help you not fade down the stretch(saeu,Knight),how can that help the finz?
I said you picked up 2 players from teams with crappy "d's" to help a team with a crappy "D"(Spikes,posey) how can that help YOU?

The thing is fans of 1 teams do not use similar logic when it comes to their own aqusistions,we'll see how it plays out.

Excellent point, I was going to say the same thing. Spikes will help the Bills just as Seau will help the Fins, blaming a team collapse on one player or blaming one player for the defense playing crappy is ridiculous.

Re: What up PUDD??

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
Tatonka or whatever your PUDD name is??? It's alright to be very scared! I would be VERY scared if I knew an already dominant defense was getting the likes of a JUNIOR SEAU and SAMMY KNIGHT!!The only thing I am gonna say I dare Moulds to go across the middle!!Talk all the smack you want about last season when we gave you a win with Lucas!! But be VERY SCARED!! Because you know it isn't happening this year!WE ARE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE! REMEMBER YOU NEVER DEFEATED US IN THE 70'S!!That's gotta hurt!! WE OWN YOU!!! SO drink some more GENESSEE!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok.. /sigh..

i posted a serious question... and most members here posted serious answers.. that were well thought out and pretty much right.

the comparisons to TKO are correct.. he was the leader of a bad defense too. while he had great numbers, the defense as a whole sucked, and no one man can not support a whole defense.

now, i guess the question i threw out there had a lot to do with the fact that juniors play (stats) declined considerably from earlier in his career, and it happened at the same time of the defenses demise.. i was just asking if there was any relation..

like i said, most responses were well thought out, and correct really..

then i get this guy..

PUDD... was it necessary to put pudd in caps? is pudd supposed to have 1 d or 2 d's? is pudd an abreviation for something? like the HUDD house you live in with your aunty since your mom got picked up by the cops for turning tricks? just looking for an understanding of what pudd is, cuz i havent heard that word since 3rd grade.

and the bills owned the phins in the 90s.. which is more recent.. but guess what.. neither the 70s or the 90s have anything to do with this season.

i was asking a simple question, not bragging, or smack talking... but it is inevitable that a guy like phinmaster wants to compair ***** size. just ask your girl next time.

sorry for the brief smack... i am done.

Originally posted by Hellion

Excellent point, I was going to say the same thing. Spikes will help the Bills just as Seau will help the Fins, blaming a team collapse on one player or blaming one player for the defense playing crappy is ridiculous.

is this true though completely?

lets say for instance.. ray lewis or urlacher got hurt.. that changes the face of your whole defense.. you lose games due to missing players like that.. so why would it be any different if that player just played poorly?

your not putting the whole blame on them, but if they are one of the main cogs, how can you not put some of that on them.

They fell apart in SD because they were a mediocre team. Plus they had the hardest schedule of any team in the league over the last 7 games of the season.

Seau's been to the SB; most of the Miami guys have not. He brings experience and fire to a team that desperately needs it.

lets say for instance.. ray lewis or urlacher got hurt.. that changes the face of your whole defense.. you lose games due to missing players like that.. so why would it be any different if that player just played poorly?

your not putting the whole blame on them, but if they are one of the main cogs, how can you not put some of that on them.

Tatonka, you make some valid points there, but I do have to argue with something. Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher getting hurt does not compare to a player on our defense getting hurt. It would compare more to Fiedler getting hurt last year. Seriously, Seau is not meant to be a key igure in our defense. He is here to play a role and upgrade a position, which we were not strong at but we held our own.

I know you will rip me for this, but you have to admit that Lucas (even though under our payroll) did not do his part and was not prepared mentally to step into a starting roll. After the Buffalo game, his lack of preparation made Turner handicap him so he wouldn't make the same mistakes.

So, in essence, it all depends what roll the player has on the team on whether he is to blame for a loss for either being hurt, or not performing to the expected ability.

You meen like if Jay Fiedler got hurt and Ray Lucas started for him and it changed the face of our offense?:lol: couldn't resist.

No I think some blame should go towards that player for playing poorly but in the case of a complete season calapse the unit as a whole bares the brunt of the blame.

The QB position bares more blame because they handle the ball every play and are the leader, if a middle LB is playing poorly then you take him out or adjust the scheme to help that player out. Every player has a bad game now and then.

Originally posted by MarinoFan

Tatonka, you make some valid points there, but I do have to argue with something. Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher getting hurt does not compare to a player on our defense getting hurt. It would compare more to Fiedler getting hurt last year. Seriously, Seau is not meant to be a key igure in our defense. He is here to play a role and upgrade a position, which we were not strong at but we held our own.

I know you will rip me for this, but you have to admit that Lucas (even though under our payroll) did not do his part and was not prepared mentally to step into a starting roll. After the Buffalo game, his lack of preparation made Turner handicap him so he wouldn't make the same mistakes.

So, in essence, it all depends what roll the player has on the team on whether he is to blame for a loss for either being hurt, or not performing to the expected ability.

fair enough.. BUT.. without seau, it is essentially the same defense that was completely healthy last year, and the several years before that .. a defense that has always been loaded with talent, but cant get over the hump. lucas didnt play on defense last time i looked.

i mean, honestly, you guys keep saying "role player" when you refer to seau, but the "role" you are refering to is motivator, or leader, or in some eyes, like phinmaster, savior.. my point is, seau has not been able to fufill that role on his own team for the past two years, as his play has declined, so has his defenses.

i just dont know that it will be different here.

Back
Top Bottom